OFFICIAL 2020 NBA PLAYOFF THREAD - DISNEY COVID INVITATIONAL EDITION - MAMBA FOREVER - LAKERS WIN THE RONA RAND - ALA FOREVER

Who will win the inaugural COVID Invitational Jamboree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the NBA wants to make a statement, shut down and call it a day. WTF this one day boycotts going to do?

I hear people use sport to escape their problems, well that's just it. You're shifting your focus from whats important and letting time make you forget something that's not going anywhere. Shut down, that's a real statement.

I said this before - these protests can’t be taken lightly because while it’s simply entertainment for us this is their job. By protesting they are foregoing income which is something not many would do (that goes for celebs, athletes, regular folks, etc). This is a big deal for them.
maaaan plenty of folks outta work
due to this bs going on right now
they can forgo bouncing a damn ball
for actual societal change and inspiration

I said this before - these protests can’t be taken lightly because while it’s simply entertainment for us this is their job. By protesting they are foregoing income which is something not many would do (that goes for celebs, athletes, regular folks, etc). This is a big deal for them.
This. Being a public figure and supporting a "side" or taking a political stance has long last repercussions vs if a lesser-known individual were to do the same.

If players wanna Shut down the season then they should all go home ..... I think there will still be basketball relatively soon .....

This whole ordeal will have a lot of twist and turns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom