**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The top tier free agents' career narratives slants towards not needing a ring to validate their career, so it makes sense they aren't going to play second fiddle to Bron in LA. Not sure how one can hold that against Bron.

Durant = :lol:
Kawhi = Already got a ring, could be building something in Toronto/Be the leading man elsewhere
Klay = Love the Warriors too much to explore leaving
Kyrie = Been there, done that/Part of a monster in the making in Boston
Jimmy = Looking to cash in and be a leading man, questionable fit anyways

Oh we gone hold it against him. Like they did Bean.

Especially for a guy that who is regarded as the best teammate in the league that everybody would want to play with.

Zach Lavine going off like he has makes the Jimmy Butler trade look really bad.... And that's not even considering Kris Dunn and Markannen (yea I know those two are hurt)

I'd be really bad mouthing Thibs gm skills right now if he wasn't also the only coach/gm in the nba that'd give Derrick Rose a chance.
Even ignoring Lavine’s ascension it was a stupid gamble because Jimmy isnt a tier 1 guy and he’s unrestricted free agent after just 2 seasons. Meanwhile you control Lavine Dunn and the other lottery pick (Markannen) for 7 years.

I was reading about how if Zion had blossomed physically earlier he would've been in football. But apparently he was a late bloomer and by the time he developed a football physique, it was already junior yr in hs and he had already decided basketball was his thing.

This definitely makes sense cause dude is a tank. Son running the floor like a mack truck.

I went against my true self dawg. I had the googly eyes trying to make sense of what really wasn't sensible. Now all the kids going to be moved in the next year and a half only to end up as max a conference finalist at best. I'm sick. At least Kobe gave his body up and put in decades of work before destroying the team. This dude is going to do it in record time while still healthy.
The Lakers young talent mad overrated

This dude mamba has a mental breakdown every other day it seems lol
When the Lakers start winning I hope he keeps the same energy

The Lakers young talent mad overrated

I think getting LBJ absolves this a bit, but even still with LBJ...one of the things that's hurting the Lakers is them missing in the draft. BI is tbd, but the Lakers have been in the lottery for x amount of years and have Ball and BI to show for it. Just imagine if LBJ was coming to a team who had a rookie or 2nd year guy who was Kyrie level good, or like towns or something.

And that sounds like a high bar, but when you get that many chances to hit in the lottery it really sets you back if none of them become like a top flight AS level guy.

Ball, Ingram, D'Lo, Julius, BI...that's a lot of high lottery picks and not much to show for it thus far. Gotta hit on your lotto picks when you get that many chances. Still early, maybe one of their lotto picks breaks out a bit.

Last edited:
Lebron always needed a legit 2nd option scoring threat. Always. From Wade to Kyrie to Love. No one on the Lakers is someone u can give the ball to and they can give u 20+ any night. Feel like Lillard is gonna be prime target #1 for LA.

This dude mamba has a mental breakdown every other day it seems lol
When the Lakers start winning I hope he keeps the same energy

They'll win more especially given the easy schedule over the next 2 weeks. Ain't going to change the macro view going forward. This year is inconsequential from a results standpoint whose from making/ missing the playoffs.

Maximus Meridius Maximus Meridius B Sox B Sox I Work in Columbia now. We gotta link up for drinks and a game or some **** :lol:
Yo I'm with it yo

I mean I could kinda understand not wanting to pay him coming off that ACL injury but.... LaVine at 20Ms >>>>>>> Wiggins at 35Ms
And we would’ve kept Lauri too smh
He young and nowadays ACL injuries ain't what they used to be. When y'all traded him I thought it was the wrong move because of how much he had improved, I think he has "It". I never bought into the Wiggins hype, I was always wait and see with him.

The top tier free agents' career narratives slants towards not needing a ring to validate their career, so it makes sense they aren't going to play second fiddle to Bron in LA. Not sure how one can hold that against Bron.

Durant = :lol:
Kawhi = Already got a ring, could be building something in Toronto/Be the leading man elsewhere
Klay = Love the Warriors too much to explore leaving
Kyrie = Been there, done that/Part of a monster in the making in Boston
Jimmy = Looking to cash in and be a leading man, questionable fit anyways

they should've just traded for kawhi when they could have

outside of those guys the best fa target is probably khris middleton. but i dont even think magic would want these 2nd tier guys like him, kemba, deandre etc

Doesn't Magic have to fire himself if they aren't able to get a big name FA next summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom