**OFFICIAL 2019 NBA OFFSEASON THREAD**

Which team will win the 2018-2019 NBA Championship?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nike 'won't respond' to new Avenatti accusations, including alleged bribe to Zion Williamson's mom

Attorney Michael Avenatti on Saturday tweeted a link to evidence he claims shows "Nike bribed players to attend 'Nike' colleges."

He also made allegations against Duke University's Zion Williamson.

Nike says it won't respond to "allegations of an individual facing federal charges of fraud and extortion and aid in his disgraceful attempts to distract from the athletes on the court at the height of the [NCAA] tournament."

Nike says it won't respond to the latest allegations by celebrity attorney Michael Avenatti that the sneaker maker made illicit payments to the families of high school athletes to lure them to certain "Nike" colleges, including that of now Duke University player Zion Williamson.

On Saturday, Avenatti dumped 41-pages of documents on Twitter which he claimed are "evidence showing Nike bribed players to attend 'Nike' colleges." He also made allegations claiming Williamson's mother, Sharonda Sampson, received payments from Nike during her son's recruitment when he was attending high school in South Carolina.

"This evidence is now in the hands of law enforcement," he said. "Still waiting for Nike to deny they paid bribes and lied to the government for years about it. They know they did it and are guilty as hell."

Williamson is not named in the weekend document dump, but Avenatti posted allegations on Twitter.

Hadn’t been the same since Thomas Bryant ****** his shoulder up

403151FD-9DCF-4C4C-83DD-7AA455E13830.png

Kobe had Channing Frye smoking cigs :lol:

The scene: After the Suns had fallen to the Lakers in six games in the 2010 Western Conference Finals, Frye was looking to take his mind off the loss.

Frye told The Athletic’s Joe Vardon that the evening turned into one of the most fun nights in his career.

“All my friends were there and just a great experience,” Frye said in a wide-ranging Q&A about his career. “First time I ever smoked a cigarette. Kobe crushed us so bad that I actually smoked a cigarette with the people outside.

“Never did it again but I felt it was necessary. We were in Phoenix. Some dirty dive bar and I was outside and just venting how Kobe is absolutely amazing. He single-handedly beat us.”

https://arizonasports.com/story/1898100/kobe-bryant-former-sun-channing-frye-smoke-1st-cigarette/

That series was beautiful to watch

34/7/8 on 52/43/88%

You sure with this statement, because Pierce played 3 more season than Melo. Melo averaged more points, the only thing Pierce really has over Melo is a ring and more playoff appearances.

Oh Melo also has 3 gold medals.
You give Melo one ring and he without a doubt had a better career.

One ring is easier said than done though.

You give Melo one ring and he without a doubt had a better career.

One ring is easier said than done though.

Melo aint retire he’s just on a long extended vacation. He still has 2-3 years under his belt to chase for a ring. Will it happen idk? Only The basketball Gods will have to bless him to a playoff team with an actual run.

Half the dudes in here argued for years Nash was the worst MVP in history. :lol: Let alone back to back.

Let’s be real - Steve Nash wasn’t Steve Nash in Dallas. He left for Phoenix and hit some other level ****.

Luka right now is absolutely on par with the Nash that was in Dallas.
Is that Steve Nash's fault or the coaches?

Cuz you're basically saying Nash got older and somehow got better or like he wasn't in his prime in Dallas.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom