OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

I was rooting for Haener last year and then the Cal game happened
francis.png

Meaning a big arm?

Big arm, prototypical NFL size. Highly productive high school career that indicates success in college.

Half of these 5-star guys don't pan out, though. That's just the game.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/5-star-qbs-last-decade/

https://n.rivals.com/news/how-five-star-qbs-from-past-four-recruiting-cycles-are-performing

If you look at those two articles, you'll see that only about half of these 5-star QBs end up living up to the hype. The rest usually transfer (some transferred two or three times) and fade into obscurity.

Uh... Matt Baldwin isn't some spare. He was a bad *** at a high school that churns out rock star QBs.

If Eason gets the nod I hope it dis-spells this myth that Petersen is the one noble coach who always rewards practice performance and is above politics.

Context matters. 14-17 against 2'a and 3's is completely different than 14-17 against the 1's.

But Brock is saying Haener has been the better QB all Spring, not just in that practice.

From what he is "hearing".

Are they splitting first team reps or has Eason consistently been with the ones all spring? If it's the latter then Haener looking good against 2's and 3's doesn't mean much of anything.

From what he is "hearing".

Are they splitting first team reps or has Eason consistently been with the ones all spring? If it's the latter then Haener looking good against 2's and 3's doesn't mean much of anything.

Aren't scrimmages usually set up like 1s vs. 2s and 3s and 2s and 3s vs. 1s?

Big arm, prototypical NFL size. Highly productive high school career that indicates success in college.
Productive HS career earns the first round talent label now lol. Let's see if he can win this job before we go there. Will be two P5 programs that he was beat out at.

Productive HS career earns the first round talent label now lol. Let's see if he can win this job before we go there. Will be two P5 programs that he was beat out at.

Lots of people who do this for a living have said Eason is a first round talent. There aren't too many guys that have his size and arm strength. The only thing holding him back is himself. I guess you're the cool guy for trashing him though lol. Do you, homeboy.

Eason may have first round talent but he's gotta prove it, I know he's had some interruptions, at some point you gotta put it all together if you are indeed that guy.

*Its only April

Damn, folks be hating on Eason already?! Is it this an anti-UGA thing or what?
No hate. Just been years of hype with nothing to back it up at this point. My argument is more that first round talent is beyond a HS kid being 6'5 with a big arm. I'm interested in seeing what he puts on film this year 4 years removed from HS.

Now I'm trashing him because I'm not sure if he's a first round talent. :lol: :smh:

Back
Top Bottom