OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

This coaching carousel BS coupled with the new transfer rules/transfer portal is why I think going forward a lot of recruits will wait until the traditional national signing day in February.

Imagine those kids who signed at Temple and Miami 2 weeks ago only to find out that they're getting new head coaches.

Imagine a kid like Dwan Mathis, who signed at Georgia assuming Justin Fields is going to transfer. What if Fields changes his mind and this kid just screwed himself making a hasty decision on an assumption?

Or the kids who sign at certain schools assuming players at that school are going pro when they might not. Why not just wait until February?

This coaching carousel BS coupled with the new transfer rules/transfer portal is why I think going forward a lot of recruits will wait until the traditional national signing day in February.

Imagine those kids who signed at Temple and Miami 2 weeks ago only to find out that they're getting new head coaches.

Imagine a kid like Dwan Mathis, who signed at Georgia assuming Justin Fields is going to transfer. What if Fields changes his mind and this kid just screwed himself making a hasty decision on an assumption?

OrOtr kids who sign at certain schools assuming players at that school are going pro when they might not. Why not just wait until February?
this has been going on for a while though. 75% of the kids still signed in Dec. I think eventually, the Feb signing day disappears. While some kids will be disappointed with the coach leaving after they signed, most won't really care.

Or the kids who sign at certain schools assuming players at that school are going pro when they might not. Why not just wait until February?

Ehhh we said that after last year and this year the number of top 247 recruits signing early went from 75% to 90%. They’re little kids and get caught up in the hype and fanfare. Most of them commit to schools they don’t even like that much just to be different, create buzz, and get the process over with. This year alone how many times did we see parents beg kids to wait it out til February and they did what they wanted anyway. Last year USC lost a kid (Julius Irving) because they asked him to wait til Feb to create a bigger splash with that group. He got mad because he wanted to be part of the ESD and felt like he was being slowplayed and committed to a diff school.

The early signing day is gonna be the more popular one going forward.

And realistically, coaches would just wait til Feb to make job changes anyway. Remember the **** UCLA tried to pull with Roquan Smith and their LB coach quitting and going to the nfl the day after signing day?

Miami recruiting class wasn't even great. :lol: They landed mostly kids that would be there whether or not Richt was the coach. They probably lost more kids thinking that Richt wasn't going to make any changes than anything.

And Temple's class was basically locked in as well. Manny didn't bring any recruits with him. He was just keeping all of the kids that Collins had there committed. If guys really don't want to honor their LOI, then I'd guess Miami would let them out.

It would have to be a mass movement for kids, but frankly, if I'm them, what do I gain by actually signing an LOI? Protection if I get hurt playing hoops or running track? Anything else?

Why not just wait and enroll?

I'll file my financial paperwork and tie the school to me, but why actually sign an LOI?

Damn, this is already Fuente's 3rd season at VT? What's up with the regression? I thought he'd do really well there, but 10-4, 9-4, now 6-6.

It would have to be a mass movement for kids, but frankly, if I'm them, what do I gain by actually signing an LOI? Protection if I get hurt playing hoops or running track? Anything else?

Why not just wait and enroll?

I'll file my financial paperwork and tie the school to me, but why actually sign an LOI?

You're 100% correct. Kids signing a letter of intent to university is a very one-sided agreement that ties the player to the university and not vice versa. If it were me or my kid, we'd only sign a letter of intent if we attended on enrolling early.

I can think of a couple of situations where helped.
Last year Zamir White tore his ACL in a HS playoff game and him signing early at UGA allowed him to get better medical care but for the most part it does nothing for these players.

It takes a certain level of reflection and understanding that most teenagers (and unfortunately sometimes their parents) don't have to even care to this level though. Also, sometimes kids signed a letter-of-intent under duress from coaches. I know that Luke Ford committed to Georgia in the early signing because we told him we wouldn't have any spots if he didn't sign early. Unfortunately, that's pretty common now.

Kids get so swept up in The fan fair and publicity involved in signing that many of them don't think "what am I actually doing here?", "what does this letter of intent actually do for me?"

Game Changer? College Football Conference Explores Opening Up To Private Investors
The leadership of the Pac-12 Conference has proposed what could be a game changer in college football: opening up partial ownership of the conference to private investors.

The six-page proposal was first reported by Oregon Live, which published the document this week. The private investment plan, called the "Pac-12 NewCo" plan, was presented by conference commissioner Larry Scott to university presidents and chancellors in a mid-November meeting and discussed again in a December conference call, the outlet reports.

The plan would give private investors 10% of the new entity for a $500 million investment. That money would immediately be distributed to each of the 12 teams (Arizona Wildcats, Arizona State Sun Devils, California Golden Bears, Colorado Buffaloes, Oregon Ducks, Oregon State Beavers, Stanford Cardinal, USC Trojans, UCLA Bruins, Utah Utes, Washington Huskies, and the Washington State Cougars). The conference would maintain 90% of the equity under the deal.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/39793/game-changer-college-football-conference-explores-james-barrett

9AF3B47D-F0BC-4825-BE20-3F94B743768D.jpeg

Reactions: MVP
Wow, Bubba Bolden reinstated nako xl nako xl

Wow they actually did it. As of last week word was it was being blocked by admins.

https://247sports.com/college/usc/B...UPDATE-Bubba-Bolden-reinstatement--127109103/
"I have been told by a family source that USC has decided to reopen Bubba Bolden's investigation and he is allowed to re-enroll at USC on January 7th. As we reported in the War Room, Bubba remains verbally committed to another school and is still enrolled at a JuCo currently."

Other school being Miami.

SC tried to suspend him through the 2020 season (which would have been a 3 year suspension and meant they were suspending him through his senior year) and I know Swann was livid about it and a lot of students and parents were upset.

Back
Top Bottom