Official 2019 Boxing Thread: 12/28 - Davis vs. Gamboa, Pascal vs. Jack SHO

Who will be the winner of the Kovalev vs. Canelo fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I like Canelo much more than Ward, but let's be serious. Ward can get off his couch right now and school Canelo.

:lol: No he can’t and Wards one of my favorites. He needs of course like two tune up fights before stepping in with someone like Canelo.

unless Wards been training behind the scenes with Virgil.

He's not beating Callum Smith on an even playing field (no catchweights, funny judges, etc.)

He’s not beating Ward either if Ward’s at least 90% of his former self. If your going to take the risk, you midas well take the fight that offers the much bigger payday. Idk if he’d go over there but that sells out the Wembley and is probably the biggest fight ever in the UK.

Canelo was a different fighter back then.

i agree... definitely a better fighter right now... this is why floyd fought him when he did and after he beat him he said canelo was the future of boxing....still doesnt take away from the L though... honestly i dont see who can beat canelo right now.... i dont want to see andre come out of retirement either.... he hasnt been active in a minute and hes up there with age... if he was still fighting and staying active then maybe it would be an interesting fight... but now nah andre just needs to chill and broadcast the fights

He’s not beating Ward either if Ward’s at least 90% of his former self. If your going to take the risk, you midas well take the fight that offers the much bigger payday. Idk if he’d go over there but that sells out the Wembley and is probably the biggest fight ever in the UK.
I think so too. Callum Smith and Andre Ward will take care of Canelo. Don't be fooled with what we saw today. Kovalev fought 2 months ago and probably wasn't cleared to train until a week ago. On top of that Canelo put two hydration clauses on him.

i agree... definitely a better fighter right now... this is why floyd fought him when he did and after he beat him he said canelo was the future of boxing....still doesnt take away from the L though... honestly i dont see who can beat canelo right now.... i dont want to see andre come out of retirement either.... he hasnt been active in a minute and hes up there with age... if he was still fighting and staying active then maybe it would be an interesting fight... but now nah andre just needs to chill and broadcast the fights
Yea no one seeing Canelo for a few years. Wouldn’t mind another GGG fight I guess.

I didn’t know Saul was so humble. Dude gets in there handles his business and keeps it professional. Dope seeing him telling the fans to stop chearing until Kov gets up.

floyd name stay getting brought up just cuz hes undefeated and retired lmao... pac beat thurman so its like why dont he do a rematch with floyd... now that canelo beat kov floyd beat him when he was young and inexperienced lol...just let it go hes retired and undefeated and not coming back...

I didn’t know Saul was so humble. Dude gets in there handles his business and keeps it professional. Dope seeing him telling the fans to stop chearing until Kov gets up.

Canelo been humble. He was the first one to respond to the kirland and khan knock outs.

Boy is talented. Whats scary is that hes not even in the peak of his prime.

I think so too. Callum Smith and Andre Ward will take care of Canelo. Don't be fooled with what we saw today. Kovalev fought 2 months ago and probably wasn't cleared to train until a week ago. On top of that Canelo put two hydration clauses on him.

Do you think Canelo is foolish enough to move back down to 160? There's a lot of similarities right now to RJJ's fight with Ruiz, and this one.

I think ultimately he's going to be a 164-168 fighter moving forward, and DAZN is eventually going to want a Smith fight if GGG-Canelo III is not happening. They need something to build towards so they can move subs.

Canelo's not a PPV fighter anymore, he can try to play this game again but he's basically a high priced employee of DAZN. He's going to fight who they want him to fight, one way or another.

bring HBO back. This presentation is not PPV type and seems like we watching espn.

I think it's a lot worse than ESPN honestly. Mannix is the only solid part of DAZN's team.

I don't have a problem with them showing ads in between rounds but don't mute the corners. Those are some of the most significant moments of the fight.

Do you think Canelo is foolish enough to move back down to 160? There's a lot of similarities right now to RJJ's fight with Ruiz, and this one.

I think ultimately he's going to be a 164-168 fighter moving forward, and DAZN is eventually going to want a Smith fight if GGG-Canelo III is not happening. They need something to build towards so they can move subs.

Canelo's not a PPV fighter anymore, he can try to play this game again but he's basically a high priced employee of DAZN. He's going to fight who they want him to fight, one way or another.
Roy Jones actually put on weight to go up to heavyweight. I don't think Canelo did that, he just stayed at his walk around weight. So I do not think he will be physically compromised going back to 160. Canelo vs GGG III will happen simply because both of them have no where else to go and nobody else to fight.

GGG is going to get WASHED in the 3rd fight. Canelo doesn’t give him the fight to be petty and I can’t blame him.

Back
Top Bottom