Votes: 1 7.1%
  • July

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • August

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • September

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
i wish manny can play here too but this new regime is different compared to how the boss ran things... they seem more frugal than before... maybe they are hesistant with big contracts since they got burned by ellsbury and still paying mad $ for stanton...Some of the signings I don’t understand like CC and happ… they coulda used that money on dallas or even tried to get evoldi back both of which are younger… they definitely coulda got 1 of those guys… but management now looks at shorter deals that are less money if you saw the recent contracts they gave out...I don’t like how they are being frugal… they kept saying they wanted to be under the cap for free agency then this year comes and no big names are offered contracts smh… but it is what it is… I don’t agree with it but I accept it… this team is starting to act like a small market team just not as extremely cheap

Manny is a lesser need. Our biggest need is pitching and we’re addressing that. Also no deal hasn’t been done so I’m not sure why everyone’s acting like manny already signed elsewhere :lol:.. if we don’t sign him, this offseason def. won’t be a failure though.

I don’t think anyone disagrees with the LeMahieu deal being puzzling.

Gardner was a send off deal, and as a clubhouse guy. Team is still very young. It’s why CC & Gardner were a priority and done quick.

Ottavino was the going rate. It was either 2 year $25mil for DRob or 3 year $27mil for Ottavino. I’ll always love High Socks but they got him for a decent price.

1 at bat got him a tv analyst job and a managing job :lol:

F209A2E8-7F9B-4B73-85AA-A6948965CD13.jpeg

I sat on a couch uncomfortably, clutching a pillow refusing to move one inch for a couple hours because I didnt want to jinx them.

I like the signing obviously, but I don’t know why so many are making it like our pen is now unstoppable. It’s basically the same bullpen, just swapping DRop for Ottavino.

Hopefully Britton returns to his pre-injury form and Chapman’s knee is better.

So we are looking at:

Severino
Paxton
Tanaka
Happ
Sabathia

Green
Ottavino
Betances
Britton
Chapman

I like it.

I’m now ok with passing on Corbin.

Now let’s see what happens with Machado/Harper.

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/adam-ottavino-rebuilt-himself-in-a-vacant-manhattan-storefront/ - Adam Ottavino Rebuilt Himself in a Vacant Manhattan Storefront

Great read :emoji_point_up_2:

1 at bat got him a tv analyst job and a managing job :lol:

F209A2E8-7F9B-4B73-85AA-A6948965CD13.jpeg

I sat on a couch uncomfortably, clutching a pillow refusing to move one inch for a couple hours because I didnt want to jinx them.

Was at the game as a 13 year old. Sat field level 3B side. To this day I never saw the ball drop. I don't think I'll ever personally attend a better sports event in my lifetime.

2019-20 FA class is not as good; more pitching FA, Gardner / Hicks will be FA as well which will leave a hole/spot; sign Harper for CF this year for next ? Unless Yankees love Hicks .240 BA and Obp .360

They like hicks because hes a switch hitter and gets a ton of walks... his BA average does suck though lol but hes good on defense

Didn’t we supposedly have the best Bullpen in Baseball last year? And Now we just added Ottavino for Drob and essentially signed the same group of players for more total money and over the Tax threshold, with the exception of adding Paxton and Super Utility man and we’re supposed to be World Series Contenders? Cmon I don’t know how this can’t be a disappointing off season so far. Not 1 but 2 generational talents at 26 are waiting to come to us and you say nah, I’d rather give Gardy, Hicks, Super Utility Man, JA Happ, Ottavino and Britton all the off season money and even though it’s small, Bird a raise. **** Ottavino here.

So a career Coors field hitter who will be a FA at 30?!? How does that even make sense to go after him when Manny is right here at 26.

if the yanks somehow land trout in free agency all will be forgotten... but i doubt it since the management seems mad frugal lately

arrenado will be 29 at the start of the 2020 season if he’s a yankee.

the fact that they’d want him at 29 over machado at 26 is frustrating. and i was no an advocate of signing machado at all.

each day that passes and the more i realize what the yankees are blowing kinda kisses me off

if that 7/175 thing is true that’s crazy. you’re literally getting him at a discount because of his attitude. which was something i was against

i can’t go as far as saying they’ll “regret” not signing machado this offseason but i’m almost at that point

if i had to guess that 7/175 was more real than fake or close to it

his agent was big mad about that coming out

feel like it was false he’d just laugh it off and speak privately with teams like “lol nah no way you really think that was real”

But once again we have no idea. Chill, let this play out, y’all getting worked up for nothing we can control.

Back
Top Bottom