Votes: 1 7.1%
  • July

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • August

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • September

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
can't believe I'm saying this; Walker and or Vogt for 1B rest of the year; let Bird find himself right during Spring Training

giving Cashman mad props for holding on to Walker; especially when the Yankee universe wanted him cut in the beginning of the year

If Judge is out rest of the regular season (probably is and probably should be at this point and try to rehab him for playoffs) It allows the Yankees to play Walker, Voght and Bird regularly.

Because Walker can play 1B, 2B, 3B, RF & DH. So it’s not too difficult to get him almost everyday play. I also think it would be better to play Walker all over and give him reps everywhere because we don’t know where we will need him come playoffs
Voght is a 1B/DH.
Bird 1B/DH.

If come playoffs, Bird hasn’t gotten it going or even put a couple of good weeks together even if not back to back, then you can keep him off the playoff roster or bench him and use him for PH.

Even if he stinks it up. There’s not really much downside to keeping him playing for the final month. If he stinks it up with regular play, then you don’t need to play him at all in the playoffs.

After last night I think I'm a permanent mainstay on the IDC for Bird train :blush: unless he finds himself down the stretch.

i used to like bird and just thought he was always injury prone and cant catch a break to stay healthy... but i agree hes been trash lately... not going to give up on him though... just like sanchez i see the promise but hes been terrible lately... maybe just dh him or play him a few games here and there

Back
Top Bottom