Votes: 1 7.1%
  • July

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • August

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • September

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
A stacked farm system is useless if you don't use it to improve your major league team.

It's impossible to 1) find a position for everyone & 2) have all of them pan out.

How did we improve our team though? Lynn is just as bad as Sonny, Warren pitched better than Britton this year and Happ is iffy. Like I said the only trade I liked was the Shreve trade. Austin, Drury, Warren and McKinley for Britton, Lynn and Happ isn't impressive. Austin is needed for 1st base and outfield coverage, Drury for infield coverage and Warren for when Sonny only lasts 5 and CC starts fading.

JA Happ is miles better, and more reliable, than German, Cessa, or Loaisiga. Lynn won't be in the rotation unless there's an injury. Britton's track record is better than Warren's & we needed another lefty.

I'll be honest though, the Warren trade is weird. He's a productive major league player & we traded him for cash. That's not a move a contending team makes.

Bryce coming to play 1B ?

had a very long day but let's not sleep on the old man's pink unicorns ...

Lance Lynn will prob fill the role Jaime Garcia last year, spot start (for the regulars for skipped start/rest and/or double headers); I doubt there even a spot for him on the 25 man roster? Is he AAA eligible?

Lynn, meh. Warren trade IDC about with Kahnle pitching well enough in AAA to come back up.

Can Girardi make pen decisions from his couch ?

Joe-Girardi.jpg

Kid aint built for this city. Put him out in the cornfields somewhere. Cash is allowed one every now and then ... thats a nervous smile knowing what was coming. U youngsters remember Jack McDowell coming off the mound ?

980x.jpg

Classic case of what this kid got. He seems way too shook tho to flip the bird ..

Back
Top Bottom