Votes: 1 7.1%
  • July

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • August

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • September

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
With not giving Corbin $100mil. We should be investing a total of $100mil elsewhere. (Harper or Machado is it’s own investment)

Trevor Bauer & Jason Kipnis:
Kluber will cost too much... Indians are negotiating a new contract with Carrasco. Latest reports are Bauer is the most likely to be moved. Also there’s reports that Indians may ask a team to take on Kipnis as part of any trade.. that’s fine. He’s only owed $17mil for 1 season with a $2.5mil buyout next year, and we could use another 2B. Bauer has two years of arbitration let’s say that is $20mil total.

Trevor Bauer, Jason Kipnis for a couple of our top 10 prospects and some mediocre prospects.

Robertson 3 year $27mil

Trade Sonny Gray for some decent prospects to give us an extra $9mil to invest

Miller or Ottavino $30mil investment

Bauer & Kipnis $37mil
Robertson $27mil
Miller or Ottavino $30mil
Total: $94mil

Trading Gray puts the investment at $85mil

Gives us $15mil to invest in say Hechaveria for SS/3B + a 1 year deal for any starter who is expected to make maybe 10 starts but the rest of the season in the bullpen

Sanchez/Romine/Voit/Torres/Kipnis/Hech/Andujar/Gardner/Hicks/Stanton/Judge
(1 more spot left)

Severino/Tanaka/Paxton/Bauer/CC / FA PITCHER
Holder/Green/ Miller or Ottavino/ Robertson / Betances/ Chapman
(1 more spot left)

I want us to sign Keuchel. Not having to face him is almost worth signing him. He’s young and has been a beast before.

Reminds me of when we went cheap and passed on Scherzer.

Mad Max is actually living up to his contract; I'd give Keuchel 4/$80M, no more than 4 years

With not giving Corbin $100mil. We should be investing a total of $100mil elsewhere. (Harper or Machado is it’s own investment)

Trevor Bauer & Jason Kipnis:
Kluber will cost too much... Indians are negotiating a new contract with Carrasco. Latest reports are Bauer is the most likely to be moved. Also there’s reports that Indians may ask a team to take on Kipnis as part of any trade.. that’s fine. He’s only owed $17mil for 1 season with a $2.5mil buyout next year, and we could use another 2B. Bauer has two years of arbitration let’s say that is $20mil total.

Trevor Bauer, Jason Kipnis for a couple of our top 10 prospects and some mediocre prospects.

Robertson 3 year $27mil

Trade Sonny Gray for some decent prospects to give us an extra $9mil to invest

Miller or Ottavino $30mil investment

Bauer & Kipnis $37mil
Robertson $27mil
Miller or Ottavino $30mil
Total: $94mil

Trading Gray puts the investment at $85mil

Gives us $15mil to invest in say Hechaveria for SS/3B + a 1 year deal for any starter who is expected to make maybe 10 starts but the rest of the season in the bullpen

Sanchez/Romine/Voit/Torres/Kipnis/Hech/Andujar/Gardner/Hicks/Stanton/Judge
(1 more spot left)

Severino/Tanaka/Paxton/Bauer/CC / FA PITCHER
Holder/Green/ Miller or Ottavino/ Robertson / Betances/ Chapman
(1 more spot left)
Only thing is who are they gonna ask for bauer are torres and andujar untouchable now not to the fans but to the organization

Eovaldi staying in Boston.

Go re-sign Haap & see if you can bring in Keuchel.

Only thing is who are they gonna ask for bauer are torres and andujar untouchable now not to the fans but to the organization

If we took Kipnis to help alleviate their salary even more. Ain’t no way they could ask for Andujar or Torres. Even now don’t think anyone would give them someone of the value of Torres or Andujar

Boras said we are still talking about Harper? Must mean we’re close ha.

Sounds like the opposite.

I'm pretty annoyed. How do you turn down a 26 year old lefty power bat?

Hicks is in the last year of his deal, Gardner is on the way out, Ellsbury is...Ellsbury, Frazier isn't proven, & Florial isn't close to the majors. I don't like this penny pinching at all.

Don’t understand, Baseball is a business and you have the opportunity to get 2 young players in their prime that will put more people in the stands and sell more merchandise than probably any non home grown player since ARod and will have you a World Series contender for years to come but you say they’re not a fit and you don’t have much money to play with. **** you Hal, I’m glad Ellsbury robbed you because no idiot in MLB would’ve gave him that contract but you want to penny pinch on Manny and Bryce?!? **** outta here!

He’s too inconsistent for the type of money he wants and we have too many OFers already. If his price isn’t bad, I’m cool with signing him but I wouldn’t give him 200.

If you sign Harper you can literally go in so many Directions. If we sign him for OF you can Dangle Frazier, Hicks and Florial for pitching. Let Gardy walk next year and you wait Ellsbury out. If he plays 1st you can dangle Bird or Voit and 1 of either Hicks or Florial for pitching.

Don’t think those players are getting you **** in a trade.

He’s not worth 250.

Frazier has the most potential out of all of the players you listed but his injuries kills his value.

I’d rather give Keuchel 100-120 than Harper 200-250. Having his bat would be nice but he’s not a great defender and we have enough OFers.

Last edited:
Harper is better than every OFer we have with the exception of Judge.

Gardner, Hicks & CC come off the books this year
Ellsbury the year after.

That’s your payroll to make room for Harper

Also Stanton could opt out. If he does it gives you the leverage play to say we’ll offer you exactly what you would have made + an extra year with a team option + buyout. And if he says I want more, you can let him walk

Harper is absolutely worth the money he could and should get.

harper prally worth the contract compared to manny just cuz he can hit and hes a lefty.... i really hope the yanks are not frugal this offseason... the corbin deal was disappointing but he got overpaid... i rather them do a trade for a starter like kluber and get either manny or harper and the offseason would be great...

Back
Top Bottom