Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade only makes sense if Kawhi stays. Otherwise you cleared all that cap when nobody's gonna sign there anyway and you're in the draft looking for a player as good as DeRozan for the next 10 years

Same thing was said about another player last summer who was destined for LA after one season.

People could change.

Literally every Celtics fan I know IRL

I thought it was inevitable if he got a good offer. I was never "fine" with it. Once the FA money dried up it made it more realistic they'd be able to make a QO for him and bring him back.

Shouldn't come as a surprise that Celtics fans are happy about this. Every Celtics fan I know knew it would hurt their back court D if he dipped.

Last edited:
Same thing was said about another player last summer who was destined for LA after one season.

People could change.

That OKC trade would have been disastrous if PG did end up leaving. Obviously if Kawhi stays it was a great move.

People could change.

I'm saying people are acting like it's a good trade even if Kawhi leaves when it's only a good trade if he stays and gets out the east

People could change.

Agreed. I dont see Kawhi as this slam dunk to LA. Dude is pretty much one of the least predictable players in the NBA and Toronto is actually a pretty cool city. If he doesnt want the spotlight then the Raptors are actually a really good fit for him.

On First Take right now....

Westgate: 2018 Warriors would be favored by 9.5 points over 1995-96 Bulls

How the hell do they come up with this? :lol:

There was a graphic from the year KD joined.
Warriors were -360 ML favorites to win against the 95-96 Bulls.

Agreed. I dont see Kawhi as this slam dunk to LA. Dude is pretty much one of the least predictable players in the NBA and Toronto is actually a pretty cool city. If he doesnt want the spotlight then the Raptors are actually a really good place for him.

This whole he doesn't want the spotlight was debunked though.

This is elite :pimp:

FD079E36-95C9-4F30-8B14-A62EC1600965.gif

has someone done the math on how much kawhi is losing out on not taking the supermax from the spurs?

i can see him signing a 3 year deal to get to year 10, and then sign another contract. with the cap going up in the next few years, how much is he still losing out on, if any?

This whole he doesn't want the spotlight was debunked though.

Was it really though? All we really have is sources that have sources that say things about sources. No one really knows what Kawhi wants other than himself. All im saying is I wouldnt be surprised if he goes to Toronto and actually likes it. Its a cool city.

Trade only makes sense if Kawhi stays. Otherwise you cleared all that cap when nobody's gonna sign there anyway and you're in the draft looking for a player as good as DeRozan for the next 10 years
It's called a rebuild bruh

Cap space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom