OFFICIAL 2018 MIAMI DOLPHINS SEASON THREAD::

Where do the Dolphins sir with Cap now? $2 mill over?

I'd love to be able to say this is a sound plan, and it will work, etc etc, but I don't really trust Tannebaum.

I mean, ok, we're cutting salaries, adding a couple extra picks, great, right? So then why did we trade a 4th round pick for an 11 million dollar contract of Robert Quinn?

1 step forward, 3 steps back, always.

Why do we still have Wake? Dude gonna be 40 and still linin up for an extension from us.

I HOPE that going forward they will stop blowing money in free agency and start to pay our actual drafted players that we keep letting go for no reason. No more Suh's, no more Marshall's, no more Wallace's, or Albert's, just pay our own guys and build from within and SUPPLEMENT with cheap free agents, not build with them. It shouldn't be this ******* hard. :smh:

Well you're not even mentioning the following:

Not to mention two owners... one who was terrible and one who will do anything to win but doesn't know how to win.

All Saban had to do was sign Brees and keep our 2nd round pick and we would have had a much different future.

Or draft Aaron Rodgers and Frank Gore in 2005.

Screenshot_20180312-130113.png

From trading to extension...

The Dolphins way. (If true)

Let's see if he takes it... don't know why he would.

(In regards to Wilson, if signed, replacing Carroo)

Sums up the Dolphins, Free Agency and the Draft really.

I'm just talking to myself at this point...

Dolphins are back to needing two interior guards and a backup right tackle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has it hit anyone that Jeff Ireland re-built the Saints, saved Payton's job and has both Offensive and Defensive rookies of the year.

Let that sink in.

Edit:

Add Rick Spielman and what he's been able to do with the Vikings over his time there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I absolutely have been pointing out Ireland's work with the Saints. Finnns don't wanna look at me when that comes up. :lol:

I want everything turned over to Gase, everything. All of it. No more Grier, no more Tannebaum, give it to Gase, give him full say. Grier/Baum can scout or whatever, but let Gase make the calls.

Tear it down, give him a couple years to rebuild it his way entirely. I "think" you're seeing what he wants to do, Drake, Stills, Grant, now Wilson...... :nerd: Not a lot of size per say, but a lot of speed. If DVP can be our big guy, and maybe add a TE/backup RB worth a damn, we may still have weapons, even without Landry/Ajayi.

Remember, Drake WAY outproduced Ajayi last year. WAY, outproduced. Maybe Grant/Wilson can help fill in for Landry at half the cost? :nerd:

IF, we get Sitton

Tunsil, Sitton, Pouncey, Davis, James
Stills, DVP, Grant, Wilson, Amendola
Tannehill
Drake

Need a backup RB and a TE or two.

But we'd be able to use our first/second round picks on Defense.

Iono, I can't figure out what they're up to. We could still cut Pouncey and create a whole new need. We could miss on Sitton, etc....

So 8 mil for Wilson
6 mil for Amendola
4th round pick
7th round pick

Landry 16.2 mil

I dunno. We thought we were dead when we traded Ajayi, and Drake did this......

Jay Ajayi
138 carries, 465 yards, 3.4 avg, 21 long, 2 20+, 0 TD, 14 catches, 67 yards, 0 TD

Kenyan Drake
135 carries, 644 yards, 4.8 avg, 66 long, 7 20+, 3 TD, 32 catches, 239 yards, 1 TD

Exactly... I'm waiting to see about LG and Pouncey.

If they keep Pouncey and fill LG, first round go Roquan/Edmunds or possibly Derwin James.
I'd love Nelson if Dolphins don't go LG in FA and Nelson falls.

I didn't have a problem not paying Landry $16 million, it's a terrible investment.

I don't mind either signing, both are high IG guys. Wilson is Landry with less production, but the Chiefs didn't scheme Wilson like the Dolphins did Landry.

None of it matters until offensive line... so...

Back
Top Bottom