Official 2018 Los Angeles Dodgers Thread : Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rosenthal just said Greinke is going to make his choice soon. Down to Dodgers and Giants. 5-6 years. Around 30 mil :nerd:

Anyone catch Lasorda speaking about the Roberts hire and the team going forward
Basically said the goal is always a WS and that the team owes it to the fans...man I love Tommy

Because there comes a point where you just say to not worth it. Just because you have the money doesn't mean you HAVE to outbid everybody.
Look at how the deals for kemp, Crawford, Andre etc are still on the books now and those guys ain't doing **** for the Dodgers.

Dodgers have the money to give him 7 years/30 per year, but does that make sense at the end of the day? Years 5,6, and 7 he's gonna be Brandon league. And that's basically $100 mil down the drain

Why would we let SF outbid us? Doesn't even seem possible.
same reason they let us outbid them for jason schmidt

mean.gif

Last edited:
AZ and SF gonna be throwing out money this winter.

If SF gets another ACE and Upton :smh:

AZ gonna be a problem. Offense is already scary

Last edited:
Ok so far
Price
Grienke
Zimmerman

Do not want cueto.

Who do they look ay smadrdmajaz?

Can't believe they couldn't at least make the WS with Kershaw and Grienke these past few years.

Can't say im shocked except the destination for zach. 1 more yr and 5 mill per extra than i would like to offer anyways...

HOWEVA(SAS VOICE)....rotation is now in flux....not big on cueto....pass on kaz..

Kersh
Anderson
Wood
Mccarthy
Ryu

:/

Last edited:
lets be real here. Without Greinke, the rotation looks absolute terrible. Doesn't matter who else they bring, this rotation is in trouble.

Last edited:
Theres nobody left on the FA market worth overpaying for....i hope cueto gets overpayed by someone else. We also have no good RH starting pitching, so im sure cueto is on the radar. Unless they wanna trade for a james shields type.(meh).

Lets see....Who is being dangled for prospects and who do we have to offer without depleting the system.

Ok..assets(that may be avail) include-
Puig(low value atm)
Urias(gotta offer if u wanna replace ZACK)
Joc
Holmes
Verdugo
Bellinger
Schebler
Cotton

Seager is untouchable atm due to premium position he plays....for now.

What would it take to pry carrasco from cle....i guess sign cueto and trade for carassco?
sigh
My GOD.

They have to go after Carrasco.

Dodgers interested in Madson? Oh no, should only be a 1 year deal.

Shelby could prolly be had for the right price. Cueto at a zimmerman price(wishful) and 1 of shelby/carrasco and ill consider it a nice recovery.

I consider the Greinke thing a blessing in disguise
Our GM can no longer can ignore how inconsistent how offense is and pitching staff other than Kershaw is
Perhaps we can start building a more balanced team
Losing Greinke hurts though

Giants getting Samardzija.  Dodgers still sitting.  Gonna keep giving the FO the benefit of the doubt, but damn.  Some sort of move would be nice! lol

Im good on shark/kaz as theyd cost a compensatory pick and r unpredictable. But good for them.

The nerds have a plan .... they have a plan!

The rotation needs fixing, the bullpen needs fixing and ? at 2B, OF? They have a plan right? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom