Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Y'all see what the Clippers got for Chris Paul realistically were not gonna get anything for Melo that Portland package is cool in my book.

The reason Dennis Smith, Jr. wasn’t really in consideration was that the Knicks were never granted access to his medical records. This is the same reason his workout with the team was abruptly canceled.

If he's fully healthy, why wouldn't he release his medical records? Something's fishy...

How did Melo wind up on the banana boat?

Melo arrived there late. I think he was busy with his own footy team in Puerto Rico that he bought in the same summer

CmC9-T5WMAAfWui.jpg

wade9s-1-web.jpg

If he's fully healthy, why wouldn't he release his medical records? Something's fishy...

I learned about it after surfing Mark Hughes when I heard the Knicks granted the Hawks permission to interview Knicks' Director of Player Personnel Hughes

The best thing for both parties is a buyout. Melo can go to whatever team he wants, and we don't take back any contracts. Will that happen? No, but it's the only sensible option that doesn't jeopardize our future and makes him happy. Salaries won't match up in a trade, without us taking a bad contract. Is getting Harkless and Tuner's bad deal really better than just nothing?

A buyout of Carmelo Anthony gotta be the dumbest **** I ever heard.

So y'all want a $30 million contact just sitting on our salary capping us out with no one playing for that money.
CpeLfI3bzgaA38GqvfWFjG_AGDFyq0_L4liZk60nNbq9bGFcjC4yMeuaeohsNFRL5usiCv2-ybQEJxcG6Bd-f74JiZgQC_E=s0-d-e1-ft
IlVmoabOpQMEIj6MzQBFX4bKldyQtMN-1cgrJ0KRqnJ2rsh6bwlUmpe5i9TbhWaiLn1q-7iOv7V5p6bubml2RCoZ7sR_zg=s0-d-e1-ft

it's the same **** if he doesn't wanna play, and refuses to even suit up. his contract would come off the books next season anyway. it's better than having to eat $18mil per year for Turner or whomever else we'd have to take to actually complete a trade. y'all stay thinking about right now, versus the impact in the future.

how does it benefit us to keep his $30mil for him not to play? it only causes more drama AND other players/potential FA will know that we don't care for our players.

you can trade him and take back longer contracts for average to below average players. that hurts our flexibility.

he doesn't want to stay here, so at this point it should be damage control. we don't need another Marburry situation.

might as well just cut him loose, and MOVE ON from the whole thing and start fresh. it's not like we're buying out Noah's deal. now that would **** us up, because of the years.

I see Phil Jackson signed up to NT during the move to the new platform lol

Buyout :Rollin Mills (and Dolan) would have balls and be just as dumb to do what Phil wanted to do and allegedly got fired over.

You aren't winning in the next 3 years so who cares about cap flexibility. Take Anderson under the conditions that you get the Billy King return of picks years from now.

Back
Top Bottom