Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

I don't think people are mad at him coming to the Knicks, but how the whole thing was handled with trading him, then signing him for starter money while you still have Lee that was signed last year. Should've just kept THJ in the first place.

The man who made that decision is gone. I'm over that. Glad to get him back. He seems to be getting better. More importantly, we're getting younger.

Contract is still expensive even with the new agreement.

Waiters got 4/$52
Rudy Gay got 2/$17

Atlanta was only looking to spend around $45 to resign him. That's his market price.

Knicks significantly overpaid for a 7th man quality player and cut into their future cap space.

Idiotic.

Contract is still expensive even with the new agreement.

Waiters got 4/$52
Rudy Gay got 2/$17

Atlanta was only looking to spend around $45 to resign him. That's his market price.

Knicks significantly overpaid for a 7th man quality player and cut into their future cap space.

Idiotic.

I believe Waiters was ready to re-sign regardless of how much just to stay w/ Miami. Rudy Gay is 30 & usually older guys are expected to take less to sign w/ contenders. We aren't a contender and have no leverage whatsoever. So we gotta do what we gotta do to get younger.

Oh & Otto Porter is about to get a max contract. So the new agreement is gonna naturally balloon contracts.

There are plenty of young hungry shooting guards looking for a chance.

Pick one up for 3 mil, drop them on your bench and let the tank roll on. Hell Holiday would've been perfect for that role. Already knows the schemes and has way more defensive potential with his length.

How does locking up TH Jr for 4 years at way over his market rate help this franchise in any way?

There are plenty of young hungry shooting guards looking for a chance.

Pick one up for 3 mil, drop them on your bench and let the tank roll on. Hell Holiday would've been perfect for that role. Already knows the schemes and has way more defensive potential with his length.

How does locking up TH Jr for 4 years at way over his market rate help this franchise in any way?

I don't see how signing a young player for 4 years is bad. He also seems to be getting better. I'm just gonna let things play out before I get upset. I don't think it was a bad move when players like James Johnson are gettin 60 mil :lol:

We can agree to disagree though.

It's not like they got money to blow either. Carmelo, Noah, Lee all still on the books as of now but we'll see...

They must believe that he's gonna progress even more the next few years. Again, we'll see...

Tim's been training in Manhattan with Chris Brickley, who trains Melo, O'Quinn, D. Lo, CJ McCollum etc. I had a feeling he would force his way back to the Knicks

Just didn't think the Knicks would be stupid enough to sign him for this much and this long.

He's not a bad player it's just that he doesn't fill any of the roles this team needed. Defense, rebounding, leadership, play making etc. He's just a young streak shooter.

This is one of, if not THE richest, non-star signing this summer.

Holiday got 2/9
Roberson 3/30
PJ Tucker 4/32
Tony Snell 4/44
Joe Ingles 4/52

TH Jr 4/71 with a 15% trader kicker

This reeks more of backroom handshaking than management actually responsibly filling a need.

Hardaways just good enough to stall the tank and flawed enough to make this a ridiculous signing. There's a reason sport writers are all laughing at this.

But hey, if y'all like it, I love it.

It's not like they got money to blow either. Carmelo, Noah, Lee all still on the books as of now but we'll see...

They must believe that he's gonna progress even more the next few years. Again, we'll see...

I have a feeling Melo & Lee will be traded soon. Which is what prompted this signing of the offer sheet. We'll see how it plays out though

I have a feeling Melo & Lee will be traded soon. Which is what prompted this signing of the offer sheet. We'll see how it plays out though

I agree here, something is brewing. No way you have that much money tied up in the same position

Tim's been training in Manhattan with Chris Brickley, who trains Melo, O'Quinn, D. Lo, CJ McCollum etc. I had a feeling he would force his way back to the Knicks

Just didn't think the Knicks would be stupid enough to sign him for this much and this long.

He's not a bad player it's just that he doesn't fill any of the roles this team needed. Defense, rebounding, leadership, play making etc. He's just a young streak shooter.

This is one of, if not THE richest, non-star signing this summer.

Holiday got 2/9
Roberson 3/30
PJ Tucker 4/32
Tony Snell 4/44
Joe Ingles 4/52

TH Jr 4/71 with a 15% trader kicker

This reeks more of backroom handshaking than management actually responsibly filling a need.

Hardaways just good enough to stall the tank and flawed enough to make this a ridiculous signing. There's a reason sport writers are all laughing at this.

But hey, if y'all like it, I love it.

None of the guys you mentioned are better overall players than THJR. 3 of them are 30 years old or older, 1 has ZERO scoring ability, and Snell will never be a real starter. Y'all gotta get over the salaries. It's a new league. Look at what Evan Turner, James Johnson, Tyler Johnson, and even Vince Carter are getting paid. Vince just got 8mil and he's FORTY YEARS OLD.

People actually defending this signing? Hahahaha, y'all are clowns. We watched him in NY. He went to ATL and was benched. He's an okay player but no reason to give that kind of contract. He's not worth it. You can sign people for half that with the same amount of talent.

If we throwing money away, I rather sign Simmons from SA because he can play defense. THJR is a wild shooter that has no self control. Damn I'm sick. This is such a bad signing. That's eating up a lot of our cap for no reason. ****

Last edited:
He went to ATL and became a starter. Improved tremendously as the season went on.

I'm not defending the signing because of the way we let him go. But he got the going rate for young SGs. Allen Crabbe is a perfect example. KCP is about to get the max.

Knicks are waiving Marshall Plumlee

So it begins today

Expect to see Knicks trades/renounce news in the next 24 hours

The Knicks' offer sheet to Tim Hardaway Jr. is the first truly bad contract of the 2017 offseason

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2017/07/nba...hardaway-jr-offer-sheet-overpaid-bad-contract

Tim Hardaway Jr.'s offer sheet leaves Knicks with few options

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-k...nicks-with-little-money-for-other-free-agents

His going rate is 4/45 bottom line. That's from the team who knows him best and had plans on keeping him at that rate.

All they have is the 4.5 MLE to get Frank veteran help at PG, which was supposed to be priority #1.

Last edited:
People actually defending this signing? Hahahaha, y'all are clowns. We watched him in NY. He went to ATL and was benched. He's an okay player but no reason to give that kind of contract. He's not worth it. You can sign people for half that with the same amount of talent.

If we throwing money away, I rather sign Simmons from SA because he can play defense. THJR is a wild shooter that has no self control. Damn I'm sick. This is such a bad signing. That's eating up a lot of our cap for no reason. ****

We can't sign anyone w/ more talent b/c no one wants to come here, or else we would've signed them. Knick fans love acting like ppl are crawling to come here :lol:

Then sign no one. Don't overpay for an average player that can't defend, a streaky shooter and has a temper. Just ate up capspace for no reason. We're not any better after this signing. I liked THJR when he was a Knick but he's got way too many issues to eat up that much cap. HUGE ****** mistake.

Then sign no one. Don't overpay for an average player that can't defend, a streaky shooter and has a temper. Just ate up capspace for no reason. We're not any better after this signing. I liked THJR when he was a Knick but he's got way too many issues to eat up that much cap. HUGE ****** mistake.

We'll be fine w/ that move. He's getting better. Gotta see how it plays out first.

I've been gone for 4 months, back from the dead only to say why the hell are we signing Tim ?

He aint no scrub but for that much money ? this is why we **** ourselves over and over and over.

I look forward to seeing this thread when he goes on those cold streaks and he continues to shoot. Gonna be going 4-19 some games and the thread will have a meltdown. He's a good scorer but way too inconsistent. Not worth it at all.

Back
Top Bottom