Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

First it was the Knicks were on his list of four teams. Then it was, "well, Knicks are his preffered destination AFTER Minny, Spurs" & now it's he want to join the Knicks "very badly"

The only way that this becomes a "Melo situation" is if Dolan steps in. I doubt Perry would be willing to sell the house for Kyrie. I think the BEST thing to do is not piss off KP. Longstaff is already gone, Melo is on his way out, and trading Willy might be the third strike.

This is not the Melo situation lol. The thing that made the Melo situation so bad was that he was gonna be a free agent the SAME YEAR he got traded. Kyrie isn't a free agent till 2020. These are nothing alike lol

^

You are right. Melo didn't want to lose his bird right. He forced a trade. Irving is willing to forfeit his chance of signing a supermax contract

^

You are right. Melo didn't want to lose his bird right. He forced a trade. Irving is willing to forfeit his chance of signing a supermax contract

I'm really wild confused to how ppl think this is the same situation :lol:

I'm really wild confused to how ppl think this is the same situation :lol:

Same in the sense that a superstar player is openly saying he'd like to come here and if we were to acquire him out of sheer thirst & merch sales we'd mostly likely be giving away current valuable assets and future assets (AKA possibly gutting the team) when if he really wants to be here the smart move would be to wait until he's a FA and sign him straight up

That is exactly what happened with the Melo situation

Well, Knicks wanted Melo. They were planning to recruit him in the off-season. There was a rumor that there will be NBA lockout after that season. Melo was afraid that he'd lose a lot of money if the new CBA decreased salary. Knicks were forced to change their plan and gave up more where Melo could just have signed with them in the off-season.

Same with current Knicks. Knicks' FO wanted to build around key 25 and younger players. Irving was never on their target list. When Irving wanted to play for the Knicks, fans are afraid that Knicks will be forced to change their plan once again

I hope we learned from our mistake of trading young players and first round picks to be stuck in mediocracy.

They can have Melo, Courtney Lee, Pookie, Kuz, Randle, Noah, KOQ though.

Take a look a the Warriors. I don't know if Love was interested in playing for the Warriors when he was a Wolf. Warriors' FO loved the idea of playing Curry and Love together. They considered trading Klay for Love. Jerry West was totally against it. West warned the Warriors that he will resigns if they make that move. West told them to stick with the plan they wanted after trading Monta Ellis away. Love was a top five PF that time. Love was 10x times better than Klay

Knicks are in the right direction right now even though we have only one bad contract in Noah. If Knicks decide to go after Irving, they shall make a reasonable offer instead of giving the best package to the Cavs. No doubt that the Cavs will reject that reasonable contract. But hey, it doesn't hurt to try

Last edited:
Man I was just thinking if we would have drafted DS jr...

Our squad could have been DS jr, Kyrie, Prozingus, Melo :sick:, and maybe TH jr

We could have definitely went deep with that squad.

hmmm...

So I ask everyone in the thread...

What do we give up to get Kyrie?

Because if he wants to come here then we have the upper hand no?

We never have the upper hand. The only thing we have to offer is Melo since KP is off the table. (For obvious reasons)

Melo better open his eyes and realize if we get Kyrie the Knicks will actually be worth a hoot so he better stay his *** in position if he knows what's good for him.

Back
Top Bottom