Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Build around Melo? We had 1 good year with Melo, and Melo in his prime was much better than Kyrie. I just dont want another chucker. If Kyrie was a 2 way player sign me up for any package.

I'm cool with rocking with this lineup in order to grab 2 more top 10 picks. Then we'll see what we're working with. But if we trade all our remaining picks you pretty much RELY on free agency, and that never worked for us.

Frank
THJ
Lee
KP
Willy

I can't wait to trade Carmelo for Cuttino Mobley's headband and Ryan Andersen. Sounds like a great deal for us.

Melo never had anyone as talented as KP until the jackson disaster got in the way. We should've been perennial playoff teams.

So lemme get this straight. According to this thread:

• Kyrie =/= top 20
• Frank NT = Livingston > Kyrie
• KP = Tristan Thompson

Kyrie is top 20. But i'd probably choose 20 players over Kyrie. He falls into that Cousins and young Melo category. Absolutely great offensive players, but much better as the 2nd best player on a team. If he's your best player you'll be stuck in mediocracy forever.

We're most likely getting Harkless, a throw in, and a first rounder if we're lucky.

Melo is almost certainly going to the Rockets. So hope y'all cool w/ Ryan Anderson.

Melo could already have been a Rocket if we get Anderson. Doubt the front office wants to pay second string $17 mill and $19 mill big guys. I'd be surprised if we get Anderson

You have KP who is a star in the making and need a stud 1 in a pg league here's your chance. All you need after that is shooters and defenders.

Totally agreed. The problem is that Irving is more like a shot creator than a shooter

- Kyrie IS top 20 easy. He also could put the team in a very uncompromising position in the future if too much is given up for him. See mid season 2004, 2011,possibly summer 2017
- Nobody seen Nicotine play yet. Gotta chill on that.
- KP > TT not even a debate.

This 3rd year for a player is huge. Usually the year young studs take that jump to stardom. Gonna be interesting to see if KP can break the 20ppg mark.

If he can average 22-9 this year and be an all star, i'll start believing in him much more because this past season he showed a **** ton of red flags.

Y'all can't be pleased. Here's to another five years of lottery picks and seeing KP leave in free agency to join the warriors or lakers.

How could kyrie create when LeBron played point? His role was to score.

When LeBron was out of the game and Kyrie was in he ISOed even more. It's obvious he doesn't have playmaking instincts. If you're a playmaker you find ways to set up other guys, period. Kyrie doesn't do that. He's even said he sees himself as Kobe.

I personally would like to see KP play without a Carmelo/Irving/Derrick Rose type dominating the ball and not seeing the floor. He really has the potential to excel in a free-flowing offense that creates and exploits mismatches. These guys are all hurting his development.

I was hype when Kyrie said Knicks was one of the places he wants to play, but now realistically i dont see him coming here, Melo still wants to play in Houston so he can **** us on the trade.

Back
Top Bottom