Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

What if the proposed use of Kyrie on the Knicks was as the 2 guard instead of the 1, how would that change some of the naysayers opinions? That would mean that NT wouldn't be included in a trade and perhaps what he's good at already (defense supposedly) can be paired with Kyrie to help hide that deficiency.

I hate the argument of well he's better than anyone we'd draft anyways.

How about we keep Frank, another lotto pick, and hope that our pieces attracts a star in free agency?

That's +2 players that can contribute to a team trying to win a title.

I'm not trying to relive the days of Melo and Amare going into the playoffs with street hustler Anthony Carter and Jared Butterfingers Jeffries.

We need depth and then hope that depth and NYC/MSG wil attract a star. Not to gut the team again. **** that.

Dudes love shortsighted Knicks moves and then complain years later about said shortsighted Knicks moves

There's a close to 0% chance that Kyrie, THJR, KP and Willy would ever win a title together. Our ceiling would be 6-8 seed, and getting non-lotto picks that won't land us a star. And then cats are gunna wanna Knick again and be like well the 18th pick probably isn't gunna be as good as Bargnani anyways b!

All over again.

What if the proposed use of Kyrie on the Knicks was as the 2 guard instead of the 1, how would that change some of the naysayers opinions? That would mean that NT wouldn't be included in a trade and perhaps what he's good at already (defense supposedly) can be paired with Kyrie to help hide that deficiency.

Frank
Kyrie
THJR
KP
Willy

that could work, but either Frank or Willy are gone in that trade. most likely it'll be Frank.

Capture.PNG

and Cleveland gets ONE top 5 protected pick in 2019.

I don't see how going after a 25 year old elite scorer is shortsighted >D. It all depends on what you give up for him.

Frye's contract is expiring. Shump, bc we need the salaries to match. it's either him or JR coming back.

I don't see how going after a 25 year old elite scorer is shortsighted >D. It all depends on what you give up for him.

It's shortsighted if you don't believe Kyrie can carry a franchise. I feel like people are split 50/50 on that.

Then you're investing a lot in a guy who wanted to leave a championship team to be "the man" and can't do anything aside from score. Which means you're probably doomed to mediocrity for a while.

exactly. he's one the best scorers in the league, no doubt. however, he doesn't pass or play defense. he doesn't make his teammates better. those are really important qualities of a point guard. a starting backcourt of him and THJR would be HORRIBLE defensively. i can also guarantee that Kyrie would average more shots per game, than Melo did. this also hinders KP's development. don't you also find it odd that he would rather be the #1 option, than go to the Finals every year (until Bron leaves) with Cleveland? that sounds hella selfish to me. he averaged 25ppg and more shots than Bron. what else does he want? he makes it seem like he's playing in Bron's shadow, when he's already putting up more shots than him. what else does he want? 30 shots per game? again, great talent, but not someone that i want on our team. if he was a 6'6 SG/SF then hell yeah, but not as our PG.
Maybe he wants to get to the finals and not listen to people saying LeBron carried him there. Nothing wrong with a guy wanting to prove he can carry a team and be the best player in the NBA.

Perry Mills preaching length youth defense and athleticism. Kyrie only checks 1 of those boxes. He's an elite scorer, but I dont want to give up too much for him.

We just failed an experiment with an elite scorer.

if the knicks get kyrie it will set the franchise back another 20 years. we seen what happens when the knicks have a score first pg.....anybody remember stephon marbury? kyrie is no different,well actually he is...smaller and more injury prone. good luck knicks fans

Criticize KD for choosing to join a stacked team, then criticize Kyrie for wanting to be the man on a team. Where do we draw the line? Can't play both sides.

its not playing both sides...its called critiquing. and no one is above being critiqued. why would homie want to leave bron and struggle for individual accolades? why would durant want to leave his own team to be second fiddle? its all up for discussion...really no right or wrong answers.

If we can land Kyrie without giving up Frank, KP, Willy or the 2018 first then I'll be the first one to pop champagne

But if any of those are included I'm against it

Back
Top Bottom