Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

And im not knocking the Frank kid at all. I have no idea how hes gonna turn out but Dennis Smith Jr. should have been the pick. He has that nasty competitive edge u need as a PG especially playing on NY.
I mean DSJR won less than 10 games this year while Frank is competing for the French championship today... Marbury (love him to death) had that "nasty competitive edge" you need in NY as well and it didnt really do much for him in the standings. :lol:

Some of yall are bugging. I wanted Monk badly as well and I really like DSJR but my mindset was always that id be cool with any of the 3.

Frank is the most balanced prospect of the 3 and has the highest ceiling as well. If we took him, not even when he was the last one left, but with ALL 3 on board (something I was 99% sure wouldnt happen), that means that not Phil, but Clarence Gaines must love Frank in the same way he loved KP in 2015.

Most of yall reacting all crazy were the same ones freaking out about KP and then you go and do the same exact thing like you werent just proven wrong by a foreign prospect in a matter of months, like Stephen A or some ****.

Im not saying you need to love the pick but lets see how it plays out this time before we write the guy off as a bust before he plays a game or renounce our fanhood. Come on now.

Btw, anyone have any idea how to stream the Strasbourg championship game today. It should be on at 2:30 PM EST. much appreciated if anyone can help.

Last edited:
I was disappointed at first but we already got Frank so have to accept it. Plus I can't hate on the guy if he never played an NBA game yet

I personally scared of smith cause of injuries . I can see him being a Eric bledsoe but like I said injuries is something we don't need.

Only other play I would have taken would be monk . But let's see how this goes

The international visitation numbers go up a million and change every year. If u arent realizing that the business's that are opening up in midtown are internationally friendly and that the tourist is their primary concern its cool. These tourist are spending money here in NY by the ********.

Idk where you gather facts but tourism/visitation in NY has gone down this year.  Not just NYC, but across major cities. A lot of NYC businesses are struggling. 

All the tourists live in NYC now :lol:

1 upside to this is that w/ KP, Willy, Kuz & now NT, we have a real future w/ young guys who love the game.

Say what you want bout Nt, but the kid came to the draft, then flew right back to France for a championship game. The kid is responsible & loves the game.

The difference between now and then is that Phil was tryna trade KP for MORE young guys. Not like the past where we'd trade talent for old dudes who are out of their prime.

Is Phil an idiot for how he went about it? Yes... but just like I criticize, I gotta give credit as well.

I have nothing against any one wanting to leave the Knicks bus. Yall should get full refunds too 

I just cant put my heart in a team i cant readily see play in person. So im on this Knicks ship as it shinks forever

1 upside to this is that w/ KP, Willy, Kuz & now NT, we have a real future w/ young guys who love the game.

Say what you want bout Nt, but the kid came to the draft, then flew right back to France for a championship game. The kid is responsible & loves the game.

Didn't know this. Major respect for a guy like this. He obviously wants to be here and is showing a substantive level of commitment already. Impressive indeed.

So how do you think we did in the draft?
By our standards? A+ just because we didn't do anything dumb but by league standards probably a B I'd say

Stuck to defensive players which is what we desperately needed

Got a super young already good 2 way PG with a whole lot of upside

I'm satisfied 

So far those who commited to our summer league team..
Nigel Hayes
Luke Kornet
Canyon Barry (rick barrys son also shoots underhanded)

Strasbourg #11 Erving Walker is from Brooklyn. Played HS ball at Christ the King and college ball at Florida

Back
Top Bottom