Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Best case scenario tonight: Knicks L + Magic W + Pelicans W + Sixers W

Would be in sole possession of 6th & .5 out of 5th

the east is so sad that we currently have the 6th pick in the draft (if the season ended today), yet we're only 5.5 games from a playoff spot :smh:

Good luck not getting his spit on your hands.
roll.gif
  underrated post.

Last edited:
the east is so sad that we currently have the 6th pick in the draft (if the season ended today), yet we're only 5.5 games from a playoff spot
mean.gif
The NBA is all-around pretty sad. There's literally only like 3 teams really in contention for a championship. NBA is the only league that has that type of predictability.

the only way to get rid of the monopoly of players is to get rid of this luxury tax leniency. the cap is the cap. you can't go over. period. that or severely increase the tax penalty.

To some this is the "golden era." Competition is definitely some of the lowest I can remember.

Last edited:

The NBA is all-around pretty sad. There's literally only like 3 teams really in contention for a championship. NBA is the only league that has that type of predictability.
How often is it not like this in the NBA?  The nature of basketball as a sport and the 7-game series' mean the best team pretty much always wins.  There are only a few exceptions like the 2011 Mavericks.

It's just the nature of the game.  It wasn't any different in the 80s or 90s that's for sure.  It's definitely better than the early 2000s where whoever came out of the East was guaranteed to get creamed in the Finals and was lucky not to get swept.  Remember the Nets making it back to back?

Last edited:
I'm dying. I forgot Shaq humped Chris Dudley midair and proceeded to throw him out like last week's trash [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

Shaq was feeling himself toooooo much

Offenses are more fluid, defensive schemes are more complex, scoring is at an all time high, turnovers are at an all time low, there is an abundance of young transcendent stars and HoF veterans...the actual style of play and quality of the game is definitely experiencing a golden era...it's just that there are so many poorly constructed rosters and terrible teams.

Killing like 6 franchises would be amazing but will never happen.

League is only going to get better though. Some of the trash teams are full of young stars rn, like the Bucks and Sixers.

The Dudley's and Herb Williams of yester year couldn't even get a 10 day contract in this league. The physicality is gone but the skill level has elevated. Those robotic big men have been fazed out, now 7 footers have to have the whole skillset.

The league is entertaining to me, it's just that the Knicks suck and will continue to suck for a long time.

Somehow they think teams are better constructed with better offensive/defensive schemes across the board yet there's only 3 teams that really matter in the end.

Like the Lakers and Celtics didn't win 8 out of 10 Championships in the 80s

Like the Bulls and Rockets didn't win 8 out of 10 chips in the 90s

Like the Lakers and Spurs didn't win 7 out of 10 chips in the 2000s

:lol:

Offenses are more fluid, defensive schemes are more complex, scoring is at an all time high, turnovers are at an all time low, there is an abundance of young transcendent stars and HoF veterans...the actual style of play and quality of the game is definitely experiencing a golden era...it's just that there are so many poorly constructed rosters and terrible teams.

League is only going to get better though. Some of the trash teams are full of young stars rn, like the Bucks and Sixers.

The Dudley's and Herb Williams of yester year couldn't even get a 10 day contract in this league. The physicality is gone but the skill level has elevated. Those robotic big men have been fazed out, now 7 footers have to have the whole skillset.

The league is entertaining to me, it's just that the Knicks suck and will continue to suck for a long time.

Exactly!!!! Repped :pimp:

Latest DX mock draft has us taking Jon Isaac 6th overall

Y'all would be extremely lucky if he falls to 6......lightening won't strike twice. Y'all got blessed with Kris....Jon Isaac slipping to 6 as well is an embarrassment of riches

Last edited:
What's this Jon Isaac guy like? We don't get much college games here in the UK.

I wonder how good someone like Rudy Gobert would have been in the '90s.  If you compare his athleticism to some of the 7 foot stiffs who got PT back then.  Probably really damn good.

Last edited:
I don't even get why yall waste time salivating over high picks every year. Even so, it'll probably be an European pick, that scouting is about the only properly functioning wing of the Knicks.

There's some entertaining teams in the league but at the end of the day Spurs/Cavs finals for the next few years. That doesn't excite me. :lol:

I don't understand the people who are so in love with the basketball of the 90s compared to now

Sure it was more physical but damn man the 90s were some of the sloppiest, ugliest years of pro ball we've seen in terms of fundamental ball

Pro basketball as a whole is 100x more polished and better to watch now then it was anytime before now

Back
Top Bottom