Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

If I was a top tier free agent and saw our fanbase constantly dog it's best player even when it's clearly not solely his fault I wouldn't come here either.

quote of the entire thread. this is why no one ever comes here. when people say the NY media is harsh, they must be referring to us nobodys on NT. for real for real.

Actually, our draft history is pretty good.

The biggest reason we have sucked this decade is because we have traded so many draft picks that it continually set us back.

But we drafted:

David Lee
Trevor Ariza
Nate Robinson
Wilson Chandler

All those guys were drafted past the 20th pick and had damn good careers considering their draft position.

The bigger issues is despite the fact we have sucked for pretty much 16 straight years now, we have only had three lottery picks.

But one of those was KP.

Lottery picks = building blocks.

We have one building block.

We need a lot more to build a contender.
none of them made the all star team as a knick but Lee. I wouldn't consider that a good draft history especially when you include the duds...
I would disagree. All-stars are usually the easy picks. Most of them are highly touted. Being able to pick the proper players to fill out the space based on their limited abilities shows a real eye for talent IMO.
David was a highly touted pick? We def disagree I think our draft picks have been 80% busts.
Lee wasn't. I was speaking in a general sense. Even so, most of our picks from 2004 to now have shown to be reliable role players throughout the league. I would say that's pretty good.

idk about most...

Trevor Ariza
Channing Frye
David Lee
Dijon Thompson
Renaldo Balkman
Mardy Collins
Wilson Chandler
Danilo Gallinari
Jordan Hill - debatable
Andy Rautins
Landry Fields
Iman Shumpert
Kostas Papanikolaou
Tim Hardaway, Jr. - debatable
Cleanthony Early
Thanasis Antetokounmpo
Kristaps Porziņģis

idk about most...

Trevor Ariza
Channing Frye
David Lee
Dijon Thompson
Renaldo Balkman
Mardy Collins
Wilson Chandler
Danilo Gallinari
Jordan Hill - debatable
Andy Rautins
Landry Fields
Iman Shumpert
Kostas Papanikolaou
Cleanthony Early
Thanasis Antetokounmpo
Kristaps Porziņģis

The majority of NBA players don't make it to have long careers.

If you draft as guy and he plays in the NBA for 10 + years, that is a really good pick.

Picking between 20-30 it is really hard to get a guy that going to have a long NBA career.

Knicks probably have been one of the better drafting teams in the league considering where they draft every year.

If Knicks loses tonight, 
tired.gif
mean.gif
laugh.gif

I don't understand what it is so hard for the Knicks to play proper defense? 

idk about most...

Trevor Ariza
Channing Frye
David Lee
Dijon Thompson
Renaldo Balkman
Mardy Collins
Wilson Chandler
Danilo Gallinari
Jordan Hill - debatable
Andy Rautins
Landry Fields
Iman Shumpert
Kostas Papanikolaou
Cleanthony Early
Thanasis Antetokounmpo
Kristaps Porziņģis

The majority of NBA players don't make it to have long careers.

If you draft as guy and he plays in the NBA for 10 + years, that is a really good pick.

Picking between 20-30 it is really hard to get a guy that going to have a long NBA career.

Knicks probably have been one of the better drafting teams in the league considering where they draft every year.
One of the better drafting teams ?! Def agree to disagree. If the goal is to draft long term role players who don't play a role in the development of the team then ok we are good at drafting. You'd have to go back to Charlie Ward to pick a good role playing draft pick the Knicks made imo..

Look at the players that were drafted within 5 picks after those guys. We def made the right pick more often than not.

Balkman over Lowrly/Rondo
Jordan Hill over Derozan
THJ over Rudy Gobert

Depending on our current rosters at the time, those def stand out the most. Ofcourse its much easier said now.

Last edited:
i still think you should draft based on best available talent vs roster needs. that's what FA is for IMO.

Look at the players that were drafted within 5 picks after those guys. We def made the right pick more often than not.

Balkman over Lowrly/Rondo
Jordan Hill over Derozan
THJ over Rudy Gobert

Depending on our current rosters at the time, those def stand out the most. Ofcourse its much easier said now.
Shumpert over jimmy butler; Mardy Collins over Paul milsap

& that's the answer to the question why ppl never come here.

After you get past the fact that the owner and GM are totally clueless you could throw some of the fans in the equation too. Couple weeks ago Melo was getting booed for taking the final shot because they wanted KP to take it. Look how that worked out. :lol: Y'all got it tho.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom