Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

I'm fine with the starting lineup staying the same. Just play Rose-Lee-Holiday-Melo-Porzingis together more often.

Doesn't really matter who starts, it's who gets the most minutes. closes out the quarter / game.

*fixed

also, Rose played like garbage yet again.
his passing IQ is amazingly bad :lol:

Not trying to downplay this win but Dallas is one of the worst teams playing without their best player.

Start Jennings

Was at the game and bro....

THIS.

If we did a Jennings Lee Holiday Melo KP starting 5, that would make the bench so much stronger and dangerous.

Rose could just come in with the mind set of attacking instead of an uncomfortable role as a set up guy.

Noah is just more suited as a back to Porzingis at this point. Porzingis guarding centers and being able to spread the court on offense as the 5 is too valuable and effective. This has to happen ASAP.

Meh, beat a **** team that was also injured.

I barely watched though. Saw we were leading big at first but then started to lose the lead so I changed it.

Was at the game and bro....

THIS.

If we did a Jennings Lee Holiday Melo KP starting 5, that would make the bench so much stronger and dangerous.

Rose could just come in with the mind set of attacking instead of an uncomfortable role as a set up guy.

Noah is just more suited as a back to Porzingis at this point. Porzingis guarding centers and being able to spread the court on offense as the 5 is too valuable and effective. This has to happen ASAP.

Horny not gonna bench Noah just off that contract alone unfortunately.

Start him and then take him out around the 6 minute mark for Holiday and slide KP and Melo over to the 4 and 5.

Noah shouldn't play anymore than 20 mins a night. Majority of them coming in the first and third quarters.

Don't think Horny will bench Rose but I feel it would be better for the team like u said let him concentrate on scoring and scoring only primarily out of the PnR

Last edited:
Lol, Derrick will play better.

Let's remember that he didn't have a preseason.

I didn't watch last night's game but to me he's already playing better this yr than he did at the same point last season.

Im going to the game tomorrow so its guaranteed we win

Everytime i go to MSG we win 
smile.gif

MAN

I told yall when I got to MSG we win everytime. Im LIFETIME undefeated 

ANDDDDD My section got free thunderclappers to be on MSGTV!!! I WAS ON TV BRUHS

Best game ever in my lifetime

Sorry I woke up still sauced 

Last edited:
iHustle, u were in section 209?

I was in 208, right next to the clappers. Caught tickets for 50 bucks.
:smokin

Last edited:
:lol: @ benching Rose.

Y'all dudes quick to convince yourselves of anything.

anyone trying to convince themselves that jennings should start over rose is nuts.....

I think Rose can average 20 a game coming off the bench. If I'm crazy for believing that so be it. Will he get benched ? Hail nah but a role for him where he just scored would be ideal for him and the team

And if any of you thinks I'm crazy for saying Jennings should start, then your either a biased Rose fan, Jennings hater or haven't been watching the games.

I'm not the biggest Jennings supporter and if you ask me who is better, the answer is Rose.

But if you ask me who I want on the floor putting guys in better position to score and set up plays, I'm gonna say Jennings is better suited for the point gaurd role for us, especially to start, cause getting off to slow starts and stagnant offense has killed us.

Of course defense is a huge part of this also, so if we look at it from that standpoint then I would say, Jennings is also a more scrappy and annoying defender then Rose. Barea killed Rose last night. At least Jennings is out there trying to stir ish up and make the other guards uncomfortable.

Rose has looked good as far as health. His speed is there, his explosion is there and the desire is there. He's obviously still not in rhythm. Still making tough passes to players in the wrong spots and loses his handle way too much at this point.

I watch how the team runs with Jennings and it's much more fluid. He has consistently came in the game and immediately effected the score, pace and energy. He's much more comfortable with everyone and where they want the ball, it's obvious.

I say move Rose to the bench to make it stronger and have a player of his caliber be a big spark off the bench. Not many starting guards can handle Rose, so imagine bench guards in the league trying match up with him.

You could also do a Jennings, Rose, Lee, Melo, KP starting 5, but I don't think its as versatile a lineup on defense as it would be with Holiday. And Roses lack of a jump shot would kill the spacing IMO.

At the end of the day, these changes will not happen. I'm just expressing my opinion off what I'm seeing out there.

Oh yeah, Melo is washed. :smh: all he does is shoot jump shots or bulldoze into the paint to get his shot punched. No lift, no agility in his moves, just really old looking, seems like players around the league don't even fear playing against him anymore. He's too easy to defend these days.

Iso Melo is almost definitely ending in a long range, contested jump shot. It's horrible to watch and even more frustrating.

Melo is only a plus player at this point playing the PF. It's his natural position and has been so for like 5 years now.

Rose is really out here playing 70%. Its all mental with him, the speed, vertical, and explosion is still there but he's playing scared. Dude needs to stop being a ***** and play the way he's supposed to. Dunk the ******* ball instead of missing those acrobat layups

Watching KP chase around Tobias tomorrow is gonna be annoying as hell. He's gonna get two quick fouls and benched like always does against mobile stretch 4's. The bulk of his minutes need to come at the 5.

20 minutes tops for Noah from here on out. First 6 minutes of the first quarter, first 4 minutes of the second, final 6 minutes of the third, and 3-4 minutes in the middle of the fourth.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, Melo is washed.
mean.gif
all he does is shoot jump shots or bulldoze into the paint to get his shot punched. No lift, no agility in his moves, just really old looking, seems like players around the league don't even fear playing against him anymore. He's too easy to defend these days.

Iso Melo is almost definitely ending in a long range, contested jump shot. It's horrible to watch and even more frustrating.
all of this. he's more than just a step slow. even his crossover was making me cringe last night. he can still put up pts, but man it's deflating

Im going to the game tomorrow so its guaranteed we win

Everytime i go to MSG we win 
smile.gif

MAN

I told yall when I got to MSG we win everytime. Im LIFETIME undefeated 

ANDDDDD My section got free thunderclappers to be on MSGTV!!! I WAS ON TV BRUHS

Best game ever in my lifetime

Sorry I woke up still sauced 
saw you dudes - got the best section of the night award

i was balls deep in chicken fingers tho

Back
Top Bottom