Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

the most obvious things wrong with this team is the rotations... the starters need to be in the game at least 1 melo, kp or rose and not all 3 on the bench... there no offense if that happens... and the defense as a whole just sucks

So KP is avg. 19 a game and his usage rate is lower than it was last season.

I don't know how anyone could look at this season so far and not recognize that he's already our best player. The ball needs to touch his hands down court every time down floor because running the pick and pop with him just opens everything else up for everyone else.

Defensively, we just sucks. Melo/Rose are atrocious defenders, Noah isn't the same, KP is good but too thin still and gets bullied. Lee is solid but that's really it.

Melo & Rose are good enough on ball defenders but they leave a lot to be desired on team defense.

--

A lot of Porzingis' shots have been contested & he's still putting up damn near 20 a game on 50% from the field & 43% from deep. His eFG% is 11% higher than last year. 11%!!!!. Also averaging less than 1 turnover a game.

We need to get him easier looks & get him the ball every single time he has a mismatch. He could average 30 a night on 20 shots but we're not going anywhere as a team unless our defense improves significantly.

Last edited:
So KP is avg. 19 a game and his usage rate is lower than it was last season.

I don't know how anyone could look at this season so far and not recognize that he's already our best player. The ball needs to touch his hands down court every time down floor because running the pick and pop with him just opens everything else up for everyone else.

Defensively, we just sucks. Melo/Rose are atrocious defenders, Noah isn't the same, KP is good but too thin still and gets bullied. Lee is solid but that's really it.

I was with u until you just ignored the fact that KP and Melo are both equally dreadful defensively. Lee and Noah are good, Rose is meh, KP and Melo are just downright sad. Don't know what your watching

KP gotta learn to use his size and stay on the ground more. He jumps at everything to block shots when a lot of times his size will be enough to disrupt a shot while keeping out of foul trouble and on the court.

Last edited:
On a more positive note, Courtney Lee has been our best player so far imo. HUGE upgrade over Afflalo.

KP gotta learn to use his size and stay on the ground more. He jumps at everything to block shots when a lot of times his size will be enough to disrupt a shot while keeping out of foul trouble and on the court.

Don't even want to talk about his perimeter defense :x

KP I can live with not being a good defender. He's 20 and learning. He's playing out of position as well, he's a Center and he's best used as a rim protector. I can give him a break.

Melo looks like his feet are in stone this year. This is the first year imo where he is really starting to show his age.

I blame a lot on Rose so far. For a guy who's really only positive is going to the rack, he doesn't even go to the foul line. He's such an inefficient player and really only passes at the last second after he's tried doing some crazy layup.

Carmelo: Admit It Or Not, Pick-And-Roll Is Way Game Is Played These Days

The New York Knicks continue to struggle defending the pick-and-roll as they practice against their own Triangle offense.

The Knicks rank last in the NBA in defense at 114.5 points per 100 possessions allowed.

“That’s the way the game of basketball is being played these days; regardless of whether we want to admit to it or not, that’s the game of basketball,” Carmelo Anthony said about the pick-and-roll. “Everybody runs it. If you can figure out a way how to stop that, you think you can be successful.”

The Knicks have struggled over the past week against the pick-and-roll of both the Rockets and Jazz.

If we just learn how to defend the PnR and use it more effectively with KP and Noah....we'd instantly be a much better team.

Noah cant play 35 min every game. When him and KP share the floor thats when our defense is at its best.

I'll give these dudes time but we're all fully in our rights to slander lack of heart and stupidity in the meantime.

There's 2 sides to the whole triangle thing. If we can get it down, it can give us another approach in the half court game. But it also depends on if our goal is to make the playoffs. If so, imo it's not worth the risk/expense of Ls. We're making the game overly complicated. If it's to just build our team up for the future and treat this as a project that the players buy into, and Rose wants to stay, then it could have long term benefits.

IMO it's difficult and stupid to essentially implement 2 offensive schemes at the same time, even with a proper training camp (which we didn't have.) We should pick one thing and do it well. Instead of lose games and possibly players buying in.

Last edited:
Knicks-D.gif

raymond-felton-yawn.jpg

Back
Top Bottom