Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

I tell you one thing it would be nice if Phil could stop undermining our coaching staff.
That ain't happening :lol: ,Phil gotta get his input on the game plan/ game personnel as long as he's around ...I would like to see what Jeff could do with some of the players he has cuz he was creative his 1st couple years in Phoenix but he can only do so much under Phil

Last edited:
As I said the other night, its so obvious if you watch the games that KP is obviously already our best player.

Melo was horrible last night. No D, no rebounding, no effort, no passing.

Rose never looks to pass.

#FreeKP

Last edited:
Mello played no defense in the 2nd half, he got torched on multiple occasions. That was some of the absolute worst offense I have ever seen in the 4th from the knicks. Let's hope today's game is better.

Tobias Harris = 25 points (8-12 FG, 2-3 3Pt, 7-8 FT) 10 rebounds, 3 assists, and 1 block in 36 minutes

Vs.

Kristaps Porzingis = 18 points (7-18 FG, 2-7 3Pt, 2-3 FT) 6 rebounds, 1 assist, and 1 block in 29 minutes.

Marcus Morris = 22 points (9-14 FG, 2-3 3Pt, 2-4 FT) 4 rebounds, 1 assist, and 1 steal in 32 minutes

Vs.

Carmelo Anthony = 24 points (8-18 FG, 2-6 3Pt, 6-7 FT) 2 rebounds, 1 assist, 4 steals in 35 minutes.

Ish Smith = 10 points (5-14 FG) 8 assist, 2 rebounds, and 1 steal in 32 minutes.

Vs.

Derrick Rose = 19 points (8-17 FG) 2 assist, 5 rebounds, and 1 block in 31 minutes.

Kristaps and Melo both got TORCHED, didn't rebound nor defend. This is definitely not the time to play that game. Not even gonna touch on the Rose not passing bull either

Y'all gotta stop acting like KP can do no wrong. I'm also getting a lil tired of watching him launch a million 3's up from Curry range a game. Hopefully we see some effort on the defensive end tonight. This team has good potential, but they really need to put in the work to reach it.

Also, they gotta put Kuz out there man. Give the kid a chance.

Last edited:
Rose doesn't know how to really facilitate an offense without relying on his ability in the paint. Soon as he turns the corner on a pick and puts his head down, he's not passing the ball. He's got to learn to look when he draws a second defender.

He seems to make the decision of what he's going to do before he makes his move.

Rose doesn't know how to really facilitate an offense without relying on his ability in the paint. Soon as he turns the corner on a pick and puts his head down, he's not passing the ball. He's got to learn to look when he draws a second defender.

He seems to make the decision of what he's going to do before he makes his move.
I think that's more of a chemistry & lack of knowing the offense problem. That can be fixed. But defense, defense, defense. That HAS to be turned around IMMEDIATELY. We scored 50 points at half, but gave up 60. Unacceptable. Offense isn't that bad w/ the 4 qtr being the exception of course.

Ive seen him look for Melo plenty of times when drives especially off PnR. Even forces it when Melo is camped at the 3 pt line. Players have to do a better job of moving around on offense. Dude didn't average 7 assist in during his Chicago tenure by accident

The offense is fine. It did get stagnant in the last 8 minutes but we had open looks.

That was some of the worst defense I've ever seen though. No reason Tobias Harris & the worse Morris brother should combine for 40+ points.

Courtney Lee, KP and Noah are the only ones that move without the ball. Every other play is an ISO.

Also as long as Pookie gets 20 min and does absolutely nothing, we'll keep losing.

Last edited:
Stay strong fellas, its early and the team is new, coach is new, offense is different. Also our PG missed a good amount of training camp. I think people took the super team and 82-0 to heart.

I think people are disappointed and in their feels because if this does work, it's going to be a longer process than we would have liked. These dudes might not have it together until around all star break.

The real test will be of their resilience and willingness to change+adapt, and if Hornacek has the backbone to check all these egos. There's going to be a lot more frustrating Ls to come.

Last edited:
Horny checked Melo real quick last night with the lack of D

That's good. No ego should be safe 

im still blaming the triangle... these guys look confused out there... its like we have horny offense combined with the triangle... its getting complicated for them... i know its still early in the year and its going to take time to adjust but its just crazy how poor we play with the talent we have... look at our 54 win season our starting backcourt was felton and kidd and a bunch of old guys but yet we started the season real good... we need an identity and the defense just sucks which is disappointing considering we got better players to play defense... and lance needs to get benched along with sasha... and horny needs to have at least 1 of these guys rose, melo or kp on the court at all times

Last edited:
We bout to get smoked today by the Rockets & they new pointgawd James Harden
laugh.gif
mean.gif
this is most likely the scenario boys

gotta keep going

Stay strong fellas, its early and the team is new, coach is new, offense is different. Also our PG missed a good amount of training camp. I think people took the super team and 82-0 to heart.
yeah man this ain't gonna happen just like that. even the coach gotta learn through real game experience

don't know how much longer i can ride this "i'm just glad basketball is back" thing, but these dudes will pick it up soon

Back
Top Bottom