Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Him staying holds us back. Besides his family being here, he only wants to stay because he's stubborn AF. He knows 100000% that the Knicks aint winning **** anytime soon. No one is coming here to play with him. No one ever came running to play with Melo in his entire career. So Melo staying for another 2 years, significantly halts our rebuild around the young guys. Here's to another 2 years of not moving forward.

Just check the Cousins and Kings situation. Damn decade of garbage. Trading Cousins was the best move they ever did.

It just seems you guys cant grasp the concept of sometimes you gotta take a step back to go two steps forward.

No more Melo talk, I'm done making my point. Training camp needs to start already.

Looking forward to seeing how the team looks without Phil's shadow, with KPs improvement, adding another 16-18 ppg scorer in THJ, and a lockdown/ high IQ player in Frank. Also nice to have PGs who dont have tunnel vision.

In one of the worst eastern conferences ever, my prediction is a 36-46 season

Him staying holds us back. Besides his family being here, he only wants to stay because he's stubborn AF. He knows 100000% that the Knicks aint winning **** anytime soon. No one is coming here to play with him. No one ever came running to play with Melo in his entire career. So Melo staying for another 2 years, significantly halts our rebuild around the young guys. Here's to another 2 years of not moving forward.

Just check the Cousins and Kings situation. Damn decade of garbage. Trading Cousins was the best move they ever did.

It just seems you guys cant grasp the concept of sometimes you gotta take a step back to go two steps forward.

You're ignoring the fact that the main reason the Knicks have been so bad for so long is DOLAN, not Melo. When Melo was in Denver he made the playoffs regularly and made it to a Western Conference finals on a way tougher Western Conference. Only reason he didn't get further was cuz the eventual champion Lakers got in the way. The problem is not Melo.

You're ignoring the fact that the main reason the Knicks have been so bad for so long is DOLAN, not Melo. When Melo was in Denver he made the playoffs regularly and made it to a Western Conference finals on a way tougher Western Conference. Only reason he didn't get further was cuz the eventual champion Lakers got in the way. The problem is not Melo.

Stop making sense pls

I want Dolan gone just as much as the next fan, but you guys really blaming Dolan for how trash we been for the last 7 years? Besides for firing Phil, he's had damn near zero influence on basketball decisions for years now. This blame Dolan BS is way overstated.

Also stop comparing a 25 year old Melo to a a 33 year old on the decline.

I want Dolan gone just as much as the next fan, but you guys really blaming Dolan for how trash we been for the last 7 years? Besides for firing Phil, he's had damn near zero influence on basketball decisions for years now. This blame Dolan BS is way overstated.

Overstated? Now I really doubt ur a true Knicks fan. YES we do blame Dolan. Ever since he took control the team has gotten worse and worse. He forced the trade for Melo that gutted our team when we could've had him for free. Dolan has made MANY questionable moves. Horrible draft pick choices. Even more horrible trades. He signed Phil who in turn fired the coach who led us to a 50 win season, signed Noah to a BS contract, implemented an unwanted BS triangle that discouraged players, made Knicks a bigger joke than they already were, hired an unproven rookie coach, burned through like 4 different coaches in 3 yrs, led us to the WORST RECORD IN FRANCHISE HISTORY, slandered Melo publicly, pissed off KP (ur fav player) and almost traded him.

This was all under Phil who Dolan hired and Dolan could've easily stopped all this a LONG time ago but didn't. But even with Phil gone Knicks go and give THJR that horrible contract which really restricts our cap flexibility. Dolan and his team are behind all this. Plus Melo was still in his prime and in his 20's when he came, we were actually good for the first time in a decade. So yea bruh, DOLAN is the problem not Melo. And lets not forget the whole Oakley fiasco where Dolan had him kicked out and even banned him. Who tf would wanna play for an owner like that?

If you actually read what I wrote, then you didnt need to type all that. Sorry, Dolan is literally the last person I'm blaming for how trash we've been since Melo got here.

Plus you just proved my point. If no one wants to play for Dolan, doesnt that mean we're better off building through the draft?

Wtf is the point of keeping Melo? To be a 8-12th seed? To continue getting ****** draft picks? To not let the younger guys grow and learn to play with each other? Dude is handicapping our franchise more than that Noah contract.

Seriously I have zero idea why you guys want to keep Melo so bad.

Last edited:
If you actually read what I wrote, then you didnt need to type all that. Sorry, Dolan is literally the last person I'm blaming for how trash we've been since Melo got here.

Plus you just proved my point. If no one wants to play for Dolan, doesnt that mean we're better off building through the draft?

Wtf is the point of keeping Melo? To be a 8-12th seed? To continue getting ****ty draft picks? To not let the younger guys grow and learn to play with each other? Dude is handicapping our franchise more than that Noah contract.

Seriously i have zero idea why you guys want to keep Melo so bad.

Yea and we were a lot better before Melo got here right? Lol edd2187 edd2187 he just doesn't get it bro :lol:

I swear you guys are delusional. There is not 1 single person you can put the blame on for how trash we've been.

At the same time we never had a KP. We never had a young core as good as KP, Frank, THJ, and Willy can be. This is the best young core we've had in decades. We can add more young guys with potential.

Yet ya'll still want to watch Melo hold the ball and do his own thing. I'm thinking of an era after the Warriors three peat. There are zero advantages in keeping Melo. Literally none.

Last edited:
Screenshot_2017-09-10-18-15-01-1.png

|l|l|l|l

Apparently people in here can't read. No **** the last 20 years have been mostly on Dolan. I'm not blaming Melo for why we've sucked for 90% of the time he's been here.

All I'm saying is that it hasn't worked with him here and it won't work with him here. Move him while you still can get some value and let the young guys grow together. He's not a leader and doesn't make his teammates better. That's never been him. He's much better served on a team full of veterans and proven players.

But not of that matters because apparently it's all hate coming from me.

I think you mean Dolan had zero influence the last 2 or 3 years not 7.

He's the main reason Melo ended up on the Knicks the way that he did.

Stop the revisionist history.

But its **** Phil though :lol:

Back
Top Bottom