OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD - Spring Game schedule on first page

Who is going to win the Pac 12 this season?

• USC

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Wazzu

• Utah

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Colorado

• Oregon St

• Cal

• Arizona St

• Arizona

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The early period doesn't help any of the bigger elite schools. Less people will get commitable offers as a result of this.

How will it prevent that?
The NOI binds the school and the player together right?

Let's say ur a borderline FBS recruit committed to Toledo (your only FBS offer) if you sign your LOI in December and Candle gets hired by someone in January, your safe now from getting dropped before NSD by the new staff, no?
Those kids aren't going to get the LOI sent to them in December I assume 
laugh.gif

The American Football Coaches Association is forwarding a proposal to the NCAA that would allow players to participate in up to four games of a season without burning their redshirt year. If passed, theoretically, a coach could unleash his touted four-star freshman running back in the TaxSlayer Bowl.

“I think that would be pretty intriguing to some of the fan bases,” said AFCA executive director Todd Berry, “which might legitimize some of those bowl games and make them more interesting.

Following the AFCA’s board meetings last week in Phoenix, Berry said that while McCaffrey and Fournette made headlines, players shutting it down before a lower-tier bowl game is “not a new thing.” While those particular stars dealt with legitimate health issues last season, others in the past might develop a “magic injury” right before the bowl.

And yet, this is the first time Berry has sensed any traction for a proposal he said he first began pushing nearly a decade ago. The former Army (2000-03) and Louisiana-Monroe (2010-15) coach became the AFCA’s full-time executive director just last year.

But first, it must go through the NCAA’s exhaustive legislative cycle.

First up, the newly formed Division I Football Competition Committee, chaired by Arizona State AD Ray Anderson, will discuss the proposal at its May 16 meeting. If they’re on board, they forward the proposal to Division I’s Football Oversight Committee, chaired by Bowlsby. That committee could then formally sponsor legislation to be considered by the larger Division I Council, with the possibility of going up for vote at January’s NCAA convention.

By then, we will have gone through another bowl season and found out just how widespread the skipping-bowls option has become — and whether treating them as a pseudo-audition for next season just might renew fans’ interest.
http://www.foxsports.com/college-fo...-christian-mccaffrey-leonard-fournette-050817

C_ZqQpbXUAQ7cCc.jpg

If you recall, Keyvon had vision problems at SC (because the Kiffin/Sark staff somehow never figured out that he needed glasses.) Dude was constantly in position then would misplay the ball in the air. It never occurred to anyone to check his vision.

He goes to Buffalo off his measurables, gets contact lenses and all of a sudden is putting up league leading defensive numbers 
mean.gif
laugh.gif
  **** really is embarrassing.

P.S. why didn't anyone tell me Swag Kelly got drafted????!

Last edited:

A clear helmet could be a dope concept, might just be the nostalgia in me from my days as a kid with my clear GBC's and GBA's tho 
laugh.gif

A Green Oregon one 
nerd.gif

I feel weak that I'm most excited about getting Jordan Brand uniforms and gear :rolleyes

wont be too much hitting in the hill this season

Is he any good?

I think he had 1st place testing scores at one of The Opening Regionals or something like that. He's a 4* kid but I've read mixed reviews about how good he is. I was happy they held onto him after Kareem Walker stuck with Bama and he sort of looked around.

Actually Kareem Walker is at Michigan. Who am I thinking of?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom