OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD - Spring Game schedule on first page

Who is going to win the Pac 12 this season?

• USC

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Wazzu

• Utah

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Colorado

• Oregon St

• Cal

• Arizona St

• Arizona

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
"There was one that will go unnamed that one of the coaches was talking about this art class," Brian said. "‘____, what’s your favorite subject?’ And ____ is like, 'Biology and science.' ‘Mine’s art, do you like art?’ ______ like, ‘No, not really.’ But he kept talking about it without caring what ___ liked. He just kept talking about art, his favorite artists, and he started talking about (Oscar-Claude) Monet and the curvature of the woman’s spine. We’re sitting with ____and you’re talking about a woman’s body. Dude, where are we going with this?

____: "It was so weird."

Brian:  "And Monet doesn’t do nudes, he does landscapes."

___: "And this is a head coach talking to us about this."

laugh.gif
roll.gif

This was about a certain SEC head coach 

laugh.gif
 Calvin Ashley says he's committed to AU. Plank better load up some more duffles. 

:lol: at Jim Mora. Urban Meyer won 3 titles running the spread

It seems like a fireable offense :lol:

Its like last year when Bill O'Brien had hoyer throw 4 interceptions and they were losing 30-0.. when asked whether or not he thought of switching QB's during the game, he said "That thought hadn't even crossed my mind" .... If I'm his boss, I'm interrupting that press conference and firing him on the spot for such a comment. :lol:

I think he gets drafted. People seem to think Oklahoma bungled the incident so bad that he's undraftable but the NFL doesn't care about domestic abuse as much as people like to think they do.

I think he gets drafted. People seem to think Oklahoma bungled the incident so bad that he's undraftable but the NFL doesn't care about domestic abuse as much as people like to think they do.

Although I don't disagree, it seems like a undrafted free-agent would be better for the team. Whoever drafts him on draft day is going to get the ESPN special coverage. I don't think many teams want that. If he were signed and then brought into camp, the team wont have to worry as much about PR problems following the draft.

If only you knew what was happening on every single SC message board today
laugh.gif

Demetrice Martin like

mr-krabs-is-all-of-us-2-27015-1457975784-4_dblbig.jpg

Bruce Feldman said a west coast school seriously considered making a coaching change this week if it meant they could get Chip Kelly but that they'd owe the current coach a ton of money in the buyout. Cal? ASU?

Also lol at him saying on his podcast that no one saw Kiffin miss the team bus last week, but that Kiffin texted reporters to tell them about it, infuriating Bama coaches and officials since they saw it as attention seeking. He said some other stuff as well and insisted the Kiffin break up with Bama was not mutual and was worse than people might realize since Kiffin is trying to do damage control on it.

Long read (and this is all speculation of course):

Sheffield Surprise?

So as I said the other day, I'm not so sure it's a coincidence that right when Ohio State started getting good vibes from Darnay Holmes that all of a sudden Kendall Sheffield's decision time frame got a little bit later.

Things have moved back towards Ohio State over the past week or two, I'm told. But the Sheffield's are being pretty tight-lipped right now. I did get a little bit of insight from Cecil Sheffield, however, father of the high four-star prospect. Sheffield didn't actually graduate in December as initially planned, but should have all of the required coursework completed soon.

"(Kendall is) finishing up classes still," Sheffield told me last night. "They end on the 13th (of January). Decision shortly after that."

So now the question becomes whether Sheffield will enroll early at his school of choice. He doesn't need to be on campus on Monday, I believe he has until the 22nd, so things are still up in the air here.

"Still working on that," Sheffield said about the enrollment time frame. "Might have to wait until the spring."

Which means Sheffield would then enroll somewhere in May for summer classes at his school of choice but would at least have the summer to go through workouts.

This one seems to change by the week, but right now Ohio State looks like the favorite to land him. I wouldn't expect anything before Holmes decides on Saturday, I don't think OSU wants anything to happen that could mess that one up.

Speaking of Holmes

I'm fairly confident in saying that Darnay Holmes arrived in San Antonio with the intention of picking Ohio State on Saturday. I'm somewhat confident that Darnay still wants to pick the Buckeyes on Saturday. I'm less confident today than I was on Monday that he actually WILL pick the Buckeyes on Saturday.

There is some pressure being applied to stay home right now for the five-star defensive back. But in talking with him after practice today, I was still getting a lot more out of him when Ohio State was brought up than when other schools were discussed.

He has spent virtually the entire week hanging out with Baron Browning, Jeff Okudah, and Tate Martell. Even when he is on the sidelines at practice, he never seems far from Okudah and/or Browning. I am staying with Ohio State here, but I'm not one-hundred percent convinced that we won't have some drama here in the next 48 hours. It's worth watching, that's for sure.

Both Okudah and Holmes are expected to announce in the fourth quarter on Saturday. Don't think it's a "joint announcement".

If I'm Arizona I can Rich and go get Chip

He won the South two years ago and beats their rival. Would Chip be a huge upgrade over RR?

I'll go over to RR's house tonight and help him move if it means Chip takes over. Same for Art Briles whom the local radio station was talking about.

That being said, I doubt we can afford RR's buyout and Chips's salary. ASU or UCLA are probably more realistic destinations

Last edited:
Foster Sarell to Stanford 
pimp.gif
 announcement at AA game Saturday

2 5* tackles in the same class 
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom