OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD - Spring Game schedule on first page

Who is going to win the Pac 12 this season?

• USC

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Wazzu

• Utah

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Colorado

• Oregon St

• Cal

• Arizona St

• Arizona

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I just don't understand it though. He must clash with Saban so much.... why go from winning national championships almost every year, to doing the same position at a different school. HC I can understand, but a lateral move I cannot.
Saban is a ****, and I think y'all must underestimate how much fun USC was for Lane, Sark and Coach ) in the 2000s and 2010s. If you had a choice of working for a boss you hate at a more prestigious firm, or getting paid the same or more at a new firm, with slightly less prestige, with the same opportunity for upward mobility, and with all your homeboys, which would you pick?

Lane and Sark are 40+ year old frat boys. They wanna live life, smash coeds, and coach football their way. Not get emasculated by Nick Saban on national TV. Also Lane won just as much under Pete Carroll and never had to put up with that ****. As much as he's allegedly learned and grown under Saban, I'm sure that still sits in his mind ("I don't need this dude as much as he needed me.")

Adoree isn't even half as good as Tyrann was in 11 
laugh.gif

Lamar Jackson is the still the winner by landslide, and Jonathan Allen is the only other player who should be invited. 
Yes and yes
Just playing devil's advocate, explain to me what made Tyrann Mathieu twice as good as Adoree is this year.

And if you talk about team record, that LSU squad was STACKED with experienced talent top to bottom at every spot except QB. And even that wasn't a glaring deficiency that people talked about until LSU nearly murdered dude in the NCG.

Adoree is the 2nd (1st since Stevie T didn't play early in his career and is a transfer?) most experienced player on this defense and he's a 3rd year junior.

Last edited:
Just playing devil's advocate, explain to me what made Tyrann Mathieu twice as good as Adoree is this year.

And if you talk about team record, that LSU squad was STACKED with experienced talent top to bottom at every spot except QB. And even that wasn't a glaring deficiency that people talked about until LSU nearly murdered dude in the NCG.

Adoree is the 2nd most experienced player on this defense and he's a 3rd year junior.

Man, Mathieu was an ANIMAL that year. He played everywhere. Making big hits up front, not just playing his position. Adore is in coverage for 98% of the time.

Has nothing to do with records of their teams, non whatsoever. Just watching both players, i saw a complete difference. Mathieu was special that year. I wanted the rams to pick him.

I've made it known Adoree is meh to me. Had he never played offense or returned kicks, he wouldn't be as hyped. Hell, he might be better on offense if he wanted to do it full time. I'm not 100%, but i think he could.

Is this really a convo lol? 

Apparently. The comparison between the two is like comparing Cutler to Rogers. And i'm a USC guy.

Adoree is so overly hyped. He is to me what Peppers is to most in here.

3rd round talent. I just don't see him playing at the next level. He's tiny. Not just in height. But damn is he smart in every aspect of life. Super nerd.

I'm just playing devil's advocate.

I will say, I think a lot of people in here don't know what the **** they be talking about when they're talking. Admittedly, myself sometimes.

Out of curiosity, on paper, just stats isolated... is Tyrann light years ahead of Adoree as stated? Just defensive numbers. What about when you say things like "was all over the field, not just at his position." What do you mean? Cuz Adoree does some all purpose things, himself.

What about Tyrann in 2011 makes him far and beyond a better Heisman candidate than Adoree this year?

Again, disclaimer: I agree with Tyrann being in the convo in 2011 and I don't think Adoree is a finalist this year.

Last edited:
Mamba : Nussmeier coming back in your opinion ?

If Mac wants to keep him sure. According to his comments when asked about the offensive struggles and that he was brought in to enhance that side of the ball, Mac responded with they also paid me to get to Atlanta. So take that for what its worth. That's why Mac's success is bittersweet like Muschamp he's bought himself some leeway.

What a downgrade for Lane if he goes to LSU

How so? More freedom, get paid like a HC almost, still at a top 5 program and you don't have to deal with Saban's BS. He already has a ring, likely 2 after this season. Maybe he realizes what most have, he's better served being an offensive coordinator not a head coach.

Colorado's Mike MacIntyre expected to interview for the Baylor job after the Pac12 CG (sorry @dragicon) but Cal's Sonny ****s is expected to get the job. 

------

Apparently Lane Kiffin tried to get the Fresno job this year and was turned down. I think that gives an idea of the kind of interest there is for him as a HC nationally. Also Tedford was always their number 1.

Word is Drevno wanted that job too... Mich guys, think there'll be a lot of turnover in your staff (leaving for promotions) this offseason?

Last edited:
How so? More freedom, get paid like a HC almost, still at a top 5 program and you don't have to deal with Saban's BS. He already has a ring, likely 2 after this season. Maybe he realizes what most have, he's better served being an offensive coordinator not a head coach.

I figured he'd be a HC next.

Leave a football factory where you basically win a title every other year to go to another team and compete against said factory? Eeeeeek. Unless Saban really is that bad to work for just seems like he'd stay out for a bigger (head coaching) job (if that's his end goal)

Last edited:

Colorado's Mike MacIntyre expected to interview for the Baylor job after the Pac12 CG (sorry @dragicon) but Cal's Sonny ****s is expected to get the job. 

------

Apparently Lane Kiffin tried to get the Fresno job this year and was turned down. I think that gives an idea of the kind of interest there is for him as a HC nationally. Also Tedford was always their number 1.

Word is Drevno wanted that job too... Mich guys, think there'll be a lot of turnover in your staff (leaving for promotions) this offseason?
When Cal opens up, I'd be surprised if Drevno doesn't get that job, and I think a guy like Wheat could be a good fit for WMU. 

Because of the talent on the roster there are going to be quite a few of up-in-coming B1G guys who are going to want that WMU job.  Hopefully they don't hire a scrub like Fickell. 

Last edited:
If Mathieu hadn't gotten suspended he probably would have had an even bigger heisman chance than he did when it was time to decide it.

Adoree is a good player in his own right but everybody is playing behind Lamar Jackson. Hell Dalvin Cook is probably the best player in the country he might not even get an invite.

I just don't understand it though. He must clash with Saban so much.... why go from winning national championships almost every year, to doing the same position at a different school. HC I can understand, but a lateral move I cannot.

Thought it was common knowledge that Lane always falls forward. History shows it.

Why anyone would want that Baylor job is astonishing to me lol specially guys like ****s/Coach Mac at CU

Just a reminder that Longhorn Network airs a food show with former baseball coach Augie Garrido.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:smh:

Deadspin did an article a while back about how much money the longhorn network loses on a yearly basis... :lol: I can't find the article I was thinking of (maybe it wasn't deadspin), but I did find this on deadspin about it:

Five years into the grand experiment, and the Longhorn Network is kind of a disaster. It’s losing money hand-over-fist: reportedly $48 million since its launch, with annual losses hovering in the millions. Subscriber fees are painfully low, and ESPN is locked into this thing for another 15 years.

Why anyone would want that Baylor job is astonishing to me lol specially guys like ****s/Coach Mac at CU

It'd be laughable if he left. I don't see it though. For him to leave the buffs after this season, would be one of the shadiest things a coach has done in a long time.

Cal job is tough. ****s leaving makes sense.

I wouldn't even be all that surprise if Mac left Colorado.

Its still a desirable gig. Great state to recruit in. The leftovers are good.

I'd like to see Mac stay in Colorado. Pac 12 needs that program to be good.

Back
Top Bottom