OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD - Spring Game schedule on first page

Who is going to win the Pac 12 this season?

• USC

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Wazzu

• Utah

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Colorado

• Oregon St

• Cal

• Arizona St

• Arizona

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A headline that made me laugh
laugh.gif
:
http://usc.247sports.com/Article/USC-QB-commit-Matt-Corral-recruiting-for-the-Trojans-47077102
[h1]USC QB commit Matt Corral recruiting for the Trojans[/h1]
Now that Corrall is in the class, he has turned his attention to recruiting other talented players to USC.

“I’m getting T.J. Pledger, the Hawkins boys — Jalen Hall, Joseph Lewis, Greg Johnson, some Florida boys — Brian Hightower at IMG, Asante Samuels, all those guys. I tell them it’s in L.A., it’s in California, that’s the first thing. Of course they know that, but a couple have visited and they love it.”

Corral, a U.S. Army All-American, is currently ranked as the nation’s No. 7 player in the 2018 class according to the industry generated 247Sports Composite.

:lol: everybody recruiting for USC.

Hall is all OSU and I'm not sure if Samuels is a take at FSU or else I'd assume that he would end up there.

Sounds like Peppers may be benched for part of the Hawaii game

It's for missing curfew a couple times during camp. By the time his benching is over the game will probably be over already anyways.

On the bright side Furbush is going to get some PT, which he probably needs.

Do Free Safeties and Strong Safeties vary on what kind of defense a team runs? I've always thought that the FS was more of a coverage guy and the SS was more a run support guy.

Last edited:
Do Free Safeties and Strong Safeties vary on what kind of defense a team runs? I've always thought that the FS was more of a coverage guy and the SS was more a run support guy.

Yes, it can. But most times it's as you think of it, from the schemes that I know of.

That is if they employ the "FS" vs "SS" designation at all

Last edited:
Yes, it can. But most times it's as you think of it, from the schemes that I know of.

That is if they employ the "FS" vs "SS" designation at all

Your first answer was sufficient lol. I just asked because some times I read things that make me think they're switched but then I wonder if some defenses refer to the differently.

USC employs a hybrid 5-2 / 3-4 with two of the LBs acting as stand up defensive ends, so one of their safeties always roams more, and in the case of Leon McQuay, often comes down in run support -- think how Pete Carroll currently uses Kam chancellor.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom