OFFICIAL 2017 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD - Spring Game schedule on first page

Who is going to win the Pac 12 this season?

• USC

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Washington

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Oregon

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • UCLA

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Wazzu

• Utah

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Colorado

• Oregon St

• Cal

• Arizona St

• Arizona

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All of the power, money & influence in the Big Ten is in the east,, how that going to affect the conference going forward?

All of the power, money & influence in the Big Ten is in the east,, how that going to affect the conference going forward?

It could be like the SEC where one division wins a bunch and then balances out, then the division starts dominating again. I don't see any of those teams in the west beating the top 3 in the east regularly in the title game.

Knowing the dummies in charge they'll change the divisions again :lol:

The West is either them or Wisconsin this year.

Nah, Wisconsin's got Michigan, MSU, and OSU as crossovers this season. It'll be UNL or Iowa.

Iowa will be usual mediocre Iowa which is probably good enough for second or third in the division. KF's teams usually struggle living up to pre-season expectations when they are high. I'm still picking NDSU to beat them, and UNL to win the division.

Honesty if Kill was still HC and healthy Minnesota would be my pick to make it to Indy.

Last edited:
Hard Rock Stadium
pimp.gif

These divisions aren't going to be around for that much longer.  Once the Big XII implodes after the GOR runs out in 2025, they'll pluck KU and either UCONN or an ACC team. 

With 16 teams they'll most likely move to a pod setup.  

These divisions aren't going to be around for that much longer.  Once the Big XII implodes after the GOR runs out in 2025, they'll pluck KU and either UCONN or an ACC team. 

With 16 teams they'll most likely move to a pod setup.  

ACC is about to get a conference network I doubt any of those teams leave. I do think a system reform is coming down the road tho.

The West is either them or Wisconsin this year.
Nah, Wisconsin's got Michigan, MSU, and OSU as crossovers this season. It'll be UNL or Iowa.

Iowa will be usual mediocre Iowa which is probably good enough for second or third in the division. KF's teams usually struggle living up to pre-season expectations when they are high. I'm still picking NDSU to beat them, and UNL to win the division.

Honesty if Kill was still HC and healthy Minnesota would be my pick to make it to Indy.
Nebraska is so terrible though. I don't believe in Mike Riley or those coaches at all. Reason I say Iowa or Wisco is going to win it is, Iowa has the easy schedule but I think Wisconsin is the best team in that division.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Michigan, MSU, and OSU have nothing to do with their B1G West record.

Last edited:
The team with the best conference record goes to Indy. It's a rule that should be changed but hasn't really gotten any momentum yet.

That's 3 L's on their schedule already and I doubt they run the table in the West.

Honesty this feels like a year where a team like NW or Minn could exceed expectations and win it.

I don't have much faith in that UNL coaching staff long term either but they do have the most talented team in the West, and an easier schedule than both Iowa and Wisconsin.

Yeah its harder than a typical 9-5.

It's harder than most fans believe.

It's like having a professional job in addition to your studies.

Nah. It's sports. Time consuming but not difficult for most who know and time management. Studies part is easy for more than half the team. Not to mention those that need help have a team of tutors and guidance counselor helping them succeed. Those who say it's not easy just hate the study aspect.

Let's not forget matt Leinarts ball room class

Dude, it aint just Sports

Its a ******* mini career.

When you lose or you arent playing well.. your life is more ****** if you care at all, even if you dont care **** rolls down anyways.

The athletic program owns you for all intensive purposes.

They tell you where to go, what to do and they pay under market value for it for alot players and if you dont like it or have a problem with it, you have to move and sit out a year.

Not to mention the physical work aspect of it, which for alot people is more draining than mental work.

Theres perks like tutors but they cant take the damn test for the athletes they still have to put in the time to work with a tutor.

Its more difficult than a typical job because it matters and effects your life in so many ways for the future.

I think alot people realize how difficult it is, thats why alot job recruiters are looking ex college athletes and military people.

Last edited:
Yeah its harder than a typical 9-5.
Dude, it aint just Sports

Its a ******* mini career.

When you lose or you arent playing well.. your life is more ****** if you care at all, even if you dont care **** rolls down anyways.

The athletic program owns you for all intensive purposes.

They tell you where to go, what to do and they pay under market value for it for alot players and if you dont like it or have a problem with it, you have to move and sit out a year.

Not to mention the physical work aspect of it, which for alot people is more draining than mental work.

Theres perks like tutors but they cant take the damn test for the athletes they still have to put in the time to work with a tutor.

Its more difficult than a typical job because it matters and effects your life in so many ways for the future.

I think alot people realize how difficult it is, thats why alot job recruiters are looking ex college athletes and military people.

Nah. what;s the percentage of players that actually make it a career? I'll wait.

Exactly. More difficult than a typical job because it matters and affects your life in so many ways for the future? :rofl:

You're not serious at all. Acting like these kids are studying to be doctors and lawyers.

Also you got dismissed which to me shows you couldn't handle it.

Well, if you want to know, I got kicked out for running a book out of campus housing. Had nothing to do with I couldnt handle it. So don't go assuming what i can and can't do Mister Friendly.

Last edited:
Ahhh, never mind, you're from Texas. Where football is life and players are God's. That mentality is so backwards, but i'll forgive you since you're from Texas

I said mini-career.

Did you finish? No..You couldn't handle school and athletics without getting in trouble.

You couldn't handle it, you didn't finish, you couldn't keep your **** together You're still trying ratizonalize it but you still failed.

It's so easy but your **** couldn't do it.

What does doctors and lawyers have to do with anything? Yes it's hard to become those, who the hell said it wasn't?

You have no real idea how Texas is...you probably just see documentaries or FNL and think you know.

Or wait you'll probably tell me you got kicked out of school in Texas?

Last edited:
Yo, y'all link me to any teams YouTube accounts so I can view some camp footage [emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127998[/emoji]

I said mini-career.

Did you finish? No..You couldn't handle school and athletics without getting in trouble.

You couldn't handle it, you didn't finish, you couldn't keep your **** together You're still trying ratizonalize it but you still failed.

It's so easy but your **** couldn't do it.

What does doctors and lawyers have to do with anything? Yes it's hard to become those, who the hell said it wasn't?

You have no real idea how Texas is...you probably just see documentaries or FNL and think you know.

Or wait you'll probably tell me you got kicked out of school in Texas?

I;ll let you continue to rant when you have no clue what you're talking about when it comes to my situation. i graduated college my man. Really unsure why you're so angry.

But hey, if I was working at the local walmart, I'd think my job was much easier than student athlete to.

Sark looking lean with the 72-10 XI's on.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/08/16/steve-sarkisian-fs1-coaching-sober

Apparently Kiffin reached out about hiring him either at Bama or at a future stop.

Kiff is crazy if he thinks he can hire him at Bama!

Fully expect him to hire him at his next gig.

Sark needs to start at the pro level first. Take any gig you can get in the NFL and he'll be back. Can't believe it hasn't even been a year, technically.

You're the one sounding bitter

"These kids have it so easy"

Yet you had a "free"ride and you blew by getting in trouble?

Working at Wal-mart?

Doesn't it mostly work the other way?

A lot of the times..People who work at Wal-mart are jealous of athletes.

Hmmm?

Last edited:
You're the one sounding bitter

"These kids have it so easy"

Yet you had a "free"ride and you blew by getting in trouble?

Working at Wal-mart?

Doesn't it mostly work the other way?

A lot of the times..People who work at Wal-mart are jealous of athletes.

Hmmm?

I didn't have a free ride at all. Had to pay. Wish i did. And yes, they do have it easy. Free education. You don't call that easy? Because they have to put in some work, its now not easy?

You made my point about the Walmart reference.

Please don't have kids man.

And i don't think i blew anything in life. That was a slight bump in the road. I think i did just fine

View media item 1962847
Let me know if you need anything else. Or continue to resort to making fun if you wish

Back
Top Bottom