Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You know, right up til about 11:55pm ET tonight I respected Oscar for his hustle (as well as what he did in the ring himself; he genuinely was a great fighter to watch). Even while he was dodging GGG for his boy.

But now? :smh:

Dude deserves all the hate he gets.

Ummmmm... I don't think that's how that works, chief. Plus "Ring Generalship" actually IS supposed to count in scoring. And unless "backing up against the ropes and throwing one haymaker and trying to run away from getting killed" counts as such, I think GGG took that aspect of the fight, as well

I was just listing that as one example of why I think GGG probably got more credit than he deserved. But as far as the ring generalship department, ironically enough I saw it as a stalemate. GGG was moving forward more, but he was not necessarily dictating and he looked much more flustered than we normally see him.

Exactly my feelings except I scored it for canelo but I can see it going to GGG.

Edit - fixed
same here. i thought it was a draw or canelo just barely won but could see it going the other way as well but just barely .
dont see why people are so outraged. *shrugs

I just got back from watching the fight at a wing joint. The place was packed, I couldn't even get a seat.

:smh: at that 118-110 score for Canelo. The check must've cleared.

People are acting hysterical for no reason. Relax guys, it was a close fight. Could go either way. Regardless of how bad one scorecard was, it wasn't wrong to have canelo winning. GGG walks home with his belts and we do this again.

It's a win for fans, what more do you want? Both dudes put it on the lines.

DJ5c7m6UMAM4AsO.jpg

Yea dude I n most others here really feel like we won tonight n that the whole experience wasnt ruined by some crooked judge hmmmm

Moretti's 5th round score with the white out looks suspect. Wasn't he the one, that before the fight people saw his history and thought he'd favor Canelo? He was the one who ended up scoring for Golovkin.

It's a win for fans, what more do you want? Both dudes put it on the lines.

Nah, man, the fans lost as soon as that BS Byrd scorecard was announced because it solidified EVERY bad stereotype this sport has going for it right now. If she scored it 115-113 or 116-112 maaaaaaybe I could cut her some slack, but come on. That was a garbage decision, and just because you're a Canelo stan (I admit I'm all up on GGG's almonds) doesn't mean you can't see that as well. Draw... OK. I'll grudgingly admit it could've been seen that way in the building, but GGG dominated 4-11.

Can't remember if it was 10 or 11 that Canelo came out guns-a-blazin' for the firat 45 seconds or so and then got worked the rest of the round, but it seema like just by showing some initiative at all he won the round from these fools. Talk about a participation medal.

"You didn't get put to sleep by GGG? Well then you must have earned a draw!"

Ok, so all you oldskool boxing heads (older than me, at least), please answer me this:

When they reduced championship fights from 15 rds, why on earth didn't they make them 11 or 13 rds if only to avoid the possibility of a draw???

(And yea, I understand 10-8 rds could lead to draws in that scenario, but at least it would be more justified that simply saying "6-6, draw")

Ok we've talked enough about the scoring... How will the rematch go? I have Canelo winning. In the first fight, he probably focused too much on setting up for the uppercut or the punch that he knocked out Kirkland with against the ropes. He should be much more savvy in the rematch. GGG looked noticeably slower than before and in eight months he can only regress.

Back
Top Bottom