Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

Frank is a project. A project who looks like he's hit the rookie wall so its not gonna be pretty.

KP has developed some bad habits and Hornacek is reinforcing them with no playcalling.

It’s wild how strongly opinions can shift in here with a game.

In terms of KP and Frank's criticisms it's been game(s)

Honestly wouldn't mind him not making it considering it would probably light a fire under his *** to get better.

After the hot start he's been performing considerably worst every month.

Can't expect to be a all star over a crazy October and good November

Lauri has the exact same weaknesses that KP had coming into the league, but he's so much more polished offensively. Much better shooter and rebounder. He's also lucky to have plays drawn for him, both on the interior and the 3pt line.

Not too worried about KP. It's clear that he needs a second scoring option and misses Tim.

I do know one thing though, Hornacek isn't a good coach for this team. He's suppressing both KP and Franks development with his lack of pick and roll and ball movement.

Last edited:
Hornacek was never gonna be a good fit here. We’ve never given him the personnel necessary to run his particular style of play and his decision making could use some improvement.

Oh and Jack got his triple double. So we can officially say Jarrett > DSJ

But I'm the one that keeps bringing up Dennis Smith :rofl:

Since you wanna bring it up tho...

The kid is probably going to elapse Jack's 12 year career Triple Double tally in his rookie year.

DS Jr also top 20 among guards in blocks btw... Frank is #35. But he can't play defense.

Last edited:
Gotta admit I didn't stay up for this game last night, and I'm glad I didn't.

Anyways KP has certainly flagged in the stretch run but I am not that worried. Just remember that this is all developmental. He really benefited from two years being the second option, now his first year out of the gates he came out hot. He's already made improvements this year like learning how to pass out of double teams. Now he's hitting a new wall with fatigue and basically being the only go to scoring option on the team, plus defenses building their whole game plans to stop him.

Walls are gonna keep coming up but they're made to be broken. KP's prime is gonna come around 26/27, and that's still a long ways away. Some of you guys don't know how to watch a developing player, you panic every time you remember he isn't a finished product.

It hurts to lose these games but then again, it helps the pick. Also if I was a Bulls fan I'd be furious that we were winning so much.

Back
Top Bottom