Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

Came in here to read some Atl/NY reactions, then see talk about the Bulls :lol:

Didn't even know we played yesterday.

I'm a big Hornacek supporter but his rotations have been awful lately. Playing Ron Baker 10 more mins than Courtney Lee in a nail biter is a fireable offense and he really needs to start subbing for the situation down the stretch. Like he has 70 something % FT shooters taking crunch time FTs while Courtney Lee, shooting 90 something % from the line is on the bench (Kanter also but he was hurt).

And then for defensive possessions he does the same ****. Like there is no excuse to not have Frank on the floor for every big defensive possession we play in down the stretch. Every single time we need a big stop the only lineup he should have out there is Frank/Lee/Lance/KP/and then a 5th player based on the matchup.

Baker played well last night. Not too mad he split minutes with Lee as Lee wasnt too effective last night anyway.

But I agree, Frank needs those crunch time 4th quarter minutes.

The fact that the Knicks are playing .500 ball is reason enough to rock with Horny at the moment considering this was a projected lottery team again at the start of the season. I mean what do you expect a coach to do with this team exactly? Franks last 2 games have been decent no doubt but not enough to warrant being the full time starter imo. 3 games ago people were suggesting the G league for him :lol:

The fact that the Knicks are playing .500 ball is reason enough to rock with Horny at the moment considering this was a projected lottery team again at the start of the season. I mean what do you expect a coach to do with this team exactly? Franks last 2 games have been decent no doubt but not enough to warrant being the full time starter imo. 3 games ago people were suggesting the G league for him :lol:
I said some Rucker park burn in the summer.... G league will produce more of the same... Frank need some flair to his game

I agree with this. I think that the Knicks are overrated and they have had a easy schedule with the most home games in the NBA and a 1-8 road record but I still think Hornacek deserves a lot of credit for how we played and I've mentioned that. I also think he doesnt get enough credit for the fluid offensive system he has the Knicks running despite lacking an attacking PG.

Just pointing out that I think his rotations can use some work and I dont like how he doesnt adjust his rotations down the stretch based on the situation. That arguably cost us the Bulls game and it almost cost us the Hawks game when it easily could have been won with FTs but we had Jack and Frank taking crunch time FTs and going 1/2 instead of Lee, McDermott, or KP.

Back
Top Bottom