OFFICIAL 2016 RIO SUMMER OLYMPICS THREAD (Rio is a wrap; See you in Tokyo in 2020 (or, more likely,i

These announcers on the online stream keep saying bolt is the most famous athlete on the planet. What do you guys think? I feel like Cristiano Ronaldo has to be #1. They said though that the list is Pele, Bolt, and Ali (I don't know why they are including ali since he has passed away though). They say that bolt is the most recognizable and most famous. Thoughts?
Easily. I can ask many of my urban bretheren about Messi and Ronaldo and a handful of them know of them whereas Bolt, all of them know of him. Ask some cat in the south about Messi and/or Ronaldo and tell me if they know who you're referencing. Plus Bolt has been all of over Europe doing interviews etc.

Last edited:
Easily. I can ask many of my urban bretheren about Messi and Ronaldo and a handful of them know of them whereas Bolt, all of them know of him. Ask some cat in the south about Messi and/or Ronaldo and tell me if they know who you're referencing. Plus Bolt has been all of over Europe doing interviews etc.

Ronaldo has 110+ million likes on FB and 75 million followers on IG.

The world is bigger than the US, Bolt not touching him or Messi.

Well, Bolt probalby pasts his athletic prime and still owned those guys on the track. That's beautiful to me lol
I've just been spoiled watching his 19.19 multiple times today 
laugh.gif

I get so nervous that these divers are gonna smack their head on the 10m board.

These announcers in the volleyball game are HILARIOUS! The lady got decked in the face with the ball and the guy yells "OOOOOOOO FACIAL!!!" :lol:

Man, I don't mean to be disrespectful and I totally respect transgender people, but they're were 2 women in the women's 800 that looked completely like dudes.

I wish Bolt would have ran to break the world record in his finals.

Kinda hate seeing him win and ease up.

I mean didnt he set both the 100 and 200M WR? Wouldnt u want to try and break that being that this may be his last Olympics?

Last edited:
He didn't ease up the last race. You could see he was initially disappointed when he crossed the finish. He was going for the record.

all the diving event make me nervous for them hitting there heads ... but man that 10M platform is no joke, at least the springboard has some flex, but if you hit that platform with the speed the have on the flips .. RIP 
ohwell.gif

the ones with shorter hair that dont have to tie it up, their hair actually slaps the platform 
eek.gif

Man, I don't mean to be disrespectful and I totally respect transgender people, but they're were 2 women in the women's 800 that looked completely like dudes.

Yoooo those 2 Africans in the 800 semi ... aint no way those were women, especially the tall one

Aint no way

In the 3rd semi .. i remember that one "chick" from S. Africa, they actually tested her to see if she was a dude i cant remember how long ago but had deep voice n all

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom