Official 2016 NBA Playoffs Thread: Conference Finals: Warriors / Thunder | Cavs / Raptors

Who is going to win the NBA Championship?

• Golden State Warriors

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • San Antonio Spurs

• OKC Thunder

• Cleveland Cavaliers

• Toronto Raptors

• Miami Heat

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just saying, in my experience it's probably harder/more expensive to be fat than regular or skinny so I don't really have sympathy. There are different body types and whatever but at the end of the day it's calories in vs calories out. You wanna lose weight, you don't even have to workout. Just stop eating so damn much :lol:.

Gaining weight I had to make sure I ate 3 big meals a day and if I missed one or even had one light or medium meal, I was gonna lose 1-2 lbs. **** was a challenge. And don't let me hoop that day, I was guaranteed to lose 3-5 pounds in 1-3 hours of hooping, easy. Everybody is different but I'm 100% positive it was just as difficult for me to force myself to eat more as it is for others to force themselves to eat less. It was tough but not THAT damn tough.

Sorry rck :\

I feel where you are coming from I'm the same way. I'm currently bulking up and eating 3000 plus calories even when I'm not hungry is a chore

IMO, cost shouldn't be a consideration when eating healthy. All those "savings" eating off the dollar menu will wind up catching up to you in the form of medications, doctor visits, etc... Not to mention how it affects your quality of life. You don't want to be out of breath just going up a flight of stairs or picking up your kid.

And yes, bulking (clean) requires as much discipline and cost as losing weight. I had to re-evaluate what I was doing, because it required so much meal prep time, cost and discomfort (eating when already full) and I was doing it just to be jacked. Now all I care about is being healthy and fit, which really is the most vital.

Like I said it's calories in vs calories out at the end of the day. You really have to commit yourself to eating and spend a good amount of money on food to gain weight. It's not complicated. You have to eat past the point of satisfaction. I've seen fat people in action, it's a basic lack of discipline more than anything.

True as hell. All about calories and discipline is really the difference.

Yea, Calories in vs Calories out is the only major thing.

Crazy, I am the lightest I have been since high school. (Because I play a TON of ball now 3-4 times week). But I also workout 3-4 times a week and used to be pretty bulk, I found out I had a wheat and gluten allergy so I had to change my whole eating habits so I dropped a ton of weight in the process., but I feel SO much better. Still slim and Not "big" at all but feel stronger and healthier just from my workouts. Its all about how you feel and want to feel people. :smokin

I am very slim now but feel stronger than I did when I was bulk. Weird but that is the body.

Last edited:
I have absolutely no discipline with my diet. Which is why I've been the same weight for while and trying to lose it

I wanna drop some weight myself, 10-15 pounds worth. Just gotta commit to doing so.

Our bodies are machines.

If 100 people have 3 donuts and hot chocolate for breakfast followed by loaded nachos with extra cheese for lunch followed by a chili dog and a milkshake for dinner EVERY DAY FOR A MONTH and also instructed to refrain from physical activity, every single one of them will gain a significant amount of weight.

All of them.

Healthy is not relative, regardless of America's insistence that it is.

Now if we want to have the conversation about people never being taught healthy choices, I can dig it. That doesn't change the science behind the machines that are our bodies, though.

Or if we want to have the conversation about 'food addiction' or emotional eating, I can dig it. That doesn't change the science behind the machines that are our bodies, though.
bodies are different though. I stay in the 190s doing what I do. I'm trying to get down to 170. I lost over a 100 pounds doing the same thing I'm doing now but for some reason I don't lose anymore weight.
I eat brown rice , vegetables and grilled chicken almost every dinner. I eat fruits for snacks and drink nothing but water. Eat under 2000 calories a day but still haven't been able to get under 190

Calroies in v calories out doesnt apply to everyone. Some people have legit hormone imbalances that make it impossible to gain/lose weight. Hell im one of those people. I csn eat clean and eat at a caloric defecit , but my weight wont move. I legitly need to train like an olympic athlete and eat good to stay fit. I get tired of it sometimes.

Who we talking about though? :rofl:

I'm fat and now I'm hungry :lol:... My real problem is portion size.. I grew up not to waste food.. Even if I'm full I will try to finish my plate.. I've learned to stop doing it though.. Oh and taking a nap after eating..
Look at all these $5 meals that are out... A salad isn't a option in any of them :lol:..

Salad is so easy to make tho :lol:. And I'm pretty sure places like mcdonalds Wendy's etc sell them. It is crazy to me how much certain restaurants charge for a salad tho

Calroies in v calories out doesnt apply to everyone. Some people have legit hormone imbalances that make it impossible to gain/lose weight. Hell im one of those people. I csn eat clean and eat at a caloric defecit , but my weight wont move. I legitly need to train like an olympic athlete and eat good to stay fit. I get tired of it sometimes.

Who we talking about though? :rofl:

I hear ya but how many people are like that vs those who just overeat and don't exercise at all?

Last edited:

Who we talking about though?
roll.gif
I was going to ask if the yellow was a conclusion you came to through your own opinion and 'stuff they say' or if you had any research to support it, but 'legitly' kind of answered that question for me.

As much as people don't WANT it to be true, our bodies are machines.

JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND YOUR OWN MACHINE DOESN'T MEAN THE RULES HAVE CHANGED.
Our bodies are machines.

If 100 people have 3 donuts and hot chocolate for breakfast followed by loaded nachos with extra cheese for lunch followed by a chili dog and a milkshake for dinner EVERY DAY FOR A MONTH and also instructed to refrain from physical activity, every single one of them will gain a significant amount of weight.

All of them.

Healthy is not relative, regardless of America's insistence that it is.

Now if we want to have the conversation about people never being taught healthy choices, I can dig it. That doesn't change the science behind the machines that are our bodies, though.

Or if we want to have the conversation about 'food addiction' or emotional eating, I can dig it. That doesn't change the science behind the machines that are our bodies, though.
bodies are different though. I stay in the 190s doing what I do. I'm trying to get down to 170. I lost over a 100 pounds doing the same thing I'm doing now but for some reason I don't lose anymore weight.
I eat brown rice , vegetables and grilled chicken almost every dinner. I eat fruits for snacks and drink nothing but water. Eat under 2000 calories a day but still haven't been able to get under 190
Yes, our bodies are different, but that doesn't mean the science that goes into body weight, blood pressure, fat percentage... all that... that doesn't mean the science behind our bodies are different.

People WANT it to be different, people want it to be that health is just up to completely blind, dumb luck... but... no.

There's a reason you're not losing weight. The thing people are confusing is dumbing the science down to 2 or 3 things. "I cut out sugar, started doing pushups in the morning and bedtime, and eat a banana for breakfast every morning. Whole month. Lost exactly 0 pounds. *facepalm* "

Ok, so there's something else that needs to be considered, and apparently you don't know what it is. Nothing wrong with that, because our bodies are very complicated machines, but they are machines. For example, I don't know if you just happened to skip this, but I noticed you didn't mention anything about activity. And even then, there are different types of activity. Intense cardio is going to get your heart pumping way more than something like walking around the block 5 times.

I was going to ask if the yellow was a conclusion you came to through your own opinion and 'stuff they say' or if you had any research to support it, but 'legitly' kind of answered that question for me.

JUST BECAUSE YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND YOUR OWN MACHINE DOESN'T MEAN THE RULES HAVE CHANGED.

Yes, our bodies are different, but that doesn't mean the science that goes into body weight, blood pressure, fat percentage... all that... that doesn't mean the science behind our bodies are different.

People WANT it to be different, people want it to be that health is just up to completely blind, dumb luck... but... no.

There's a reason you're not losing weight. The thing people are confusing is dumbing the science down to 2 or 3 things. "I cut out sugar, started doing pushups in the morning and bedtime, and eat a banana for breakfast every morning. Whole month. Lost exactly 0 pounds. *facepalm* "

Ok, so there's something else that needs to be considered, and apparently you don't know what it is. Nothing wrong with that, because our bodies are very complicated machines, but they are machines. For example, I don't know if you just happened to skip this, but I noticed you didn't mention anything about activity. And even then, there are different types of activity. Intense cardio is going to get your heart pumping way more than something like walking around the block 5 times.
5 miles a day i run minimum . i do 7 minute miles .

i lift weights 5 x a week for an hour. im bigger but  muscular. i lost 100 lbs doing the same thing im doing now but  not losing anymore weight. been stuck in the 190s for a few years now. 

i eat clean. no fried foods, no pork , no red meat ever. everything i eat is 100 percent whole wheat as far as grains. i dont have a sweet tooth , i dont eat desserts. never eat pizza . etc etc . 

doctors always tell me my resting heart rate is hella low. they tell me its like an athletes i kid you not .twice this year doctors have told me that.. i just tell them i run alot. 

while i have friends who eat like pigs , eat whatever they want , dont work out and are frail as hell. 

Last edited:

I read a lengthy NYT article about this last year. The essence of it was that if you've ever been overweight/obese at any point in time, it's overwhelmingly likely that your body won't ever burn calories at the same rate it did before you gained the weight. In other words, a healthy 175 lb man (who's always been 175 lbs), running x number of miles, will burn about 10-15% more calories than an identically healthy 175 lb man (who used to be overweight) doing the same exercise.

This is one reason why people who gain weight and lose it tend to gain some back. You may have been able to maintain your natural healthy weight by eating 2200 calories before, but once you've gained excess weight and gotten back down to heathy weight, you likely need to stay at 2000 calories to maintain that weight.

And Ska you are right in a sense, but the efficiency of people's machines fluctuate wildly. I know a few people who have never been to a gym, drink several beers almost every day and don't eat well, and yet have better/more in shape bodies than people I know who have always eaten healthy and exercised regularly.

doctors always tell me my resting heart rate is hella low. they tell me its like an athletes i kid you not .twice this year doctors have told me that.. i just tell them i run alot. 

:lol: Mine used to be like that when I was in better shape. I think it was from all the years of playing hoops and other sports. I think it used to be in the 40s or 50s. Anytime I would take my blood pressure and pulse at home and my wife would see, she'd be like "I don't think that's normal. Have you ever asked a doctor about that." And she's a nurse.

You contradict yourself in this post saying people want to believe their "machines" are different and that the rules change based on person but that isn't the case... then you come back and say it's true you might have to do something different and that you might not understand YOUR machine. That means there's a difference.

I lost a lot of weight last year. But I've been fat my whole life. Still am. I've also been VERY active my whole life. I'm no gym rat, but I played sports every day for hours a day. I was fat from skipping meals and the meals I DID eat were either high in fat or low in nutrients. Example, eat 2 meals a day, one being a bowl of cereal for breakfast, and then the next meal at 10pm would be a meal from McDonald's.

So it wasn't overeating or indulging like people thought. To lose weight i hired a nutritionist who made me eat 3500 calories a day in healthy foods. I was completely miserable eating that much. Setting alarms to eat every 3 and a half hours. Being full all day. It was torture.

Reducing how to gain OR lose weight as calories in vs calories out and acting like everyone's body Works the same is just not correct. It's like saying if you can fix a Ford, you can fix a benz. A machine is a machine

People forgetting to include genetics and bone builds in weight discussion.
But ska is very right in what he's saying. But some people just lose and gain weight differently because they're wired differently. But everybody can lose weight if they try.

People forgetting to include genetics and bone builds in weight discussion.
But ska is very right in what he's saying. But some people just lose and gain weight differently because they're wired differently. But everybody can lose weight if they try.

Correct. My mom tried to lose weight for years. She ate 100% healthy, 100% of the time. Worked out. Was active. She couldn't lose more than 10 pounds. Finally a nutritionist told her extremely low carbs for a couple of months and reduced her exercise. She dropped 40 pounds in 6 months. All it took was nearly eliminating carbs for her. But that's definitely not what everyone needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom