OFFICIAL 2016 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

4th pick, 12-team PPR... Big 3 wideouts gone...

Do I go DJ, Nuk or Gurley or AP?

Looks like the majority here love DJ
The 4th overall pick is the worst position in the draft this year, IMO. 

Leaves you in a tough position after the 3 wideouts are gone. 

Only talking about the first round pick

Would you all do this trade. Standard league. Considering it only because of the reports of Charles being eased in and not sure what Rawls will be like early on.

Me giving
OBJ and Thomas Rawls

Receiving
Aj green and Doug martin

Current team
Qb: Luck
Rb: Charles
Rb: McCoy
Wr: OBJ
Wr: Alshon
Te: Fleener
Flex: Cooks
Def: Texans
K:Tucker

Bench
T Rawls
Blount
Melvin Gorden
Julian Edelman
Devante Parker
Z ertz

Last edited:
Would you all do this trade. Standard league. Considering it only because of the reports of Charles being eased in and not sure what Rawls will be like early on.

Me giving
OBJ and Thomas Rawls

Receiving
Aj green and Doug martin

Current team
Qb: Luck
Rb: Charles
Rb: McCoy
Wr: OBJ
Wr: Alshon
Te: Fleener
Flex: Cooks
Def: Texans
K:Tucker

Bench
T Rawls
Blount
Melvin Gorden
Julian Edelman
Devante Parker
Z ertz
I wouldn't

teams passing on the 3 yard line is normal in the NFL now....

WRs are the stock y'all need to invest in

in the league that I run, we don't use PPR.... it's a point per 1ST DOWN

wanted to reward production over empty plays.... 

receptions, to my knowledge, is the only widely used fantasy stat you can gain points on a negative play 
I wish ESPN offered point per first down. Me and my boys have been trying to implement it for like 3 years now. Or even just point per reception for at least a 5 yard gain. You can do both of those on other sites but we're not trying to switch platforms for one scoring category.

I'd take Johnson (PPR) or Gurley after the 3 WR's.

Having the #1 RB is better than having the #4 WR imo, especially when you factor in RB depth vs WR depth
In PPR leagues last year the RB1 (Freeman) scored 316 points. The RB2 (Peterson) scored 261. The RB10 (Latavius Murray) scored 205.

The WR5 (Beckham) scored 319. The WR12 (Megatron) scored 261. The WR26 (John Brown) scored 208.

Right around 8 of the top 10 RBs were mid-late round picks.

My point being, there's no guarantee that the RB you choose in the first round will end up being the overall RB1. And since we know that WRs vastly outscore RBs, you're better off taking a WR since there's a much better chance of hitting on one of those, regardless of position scarcity. Fill your WR and Flex spots with 3 top tier WRs and you can afford to get just 8-10 points per game from each of your RBs, since even the guys who drafted their RBs early will more likely than not be getting those types of points from them anyway.

Last edited:
I pray Frank Gore or Ivory can at least just get me a steady 8-10 PPG in 0.5 PPR at least.

QB - Brady, Cousins, Mariota
RB - Lamar Miller, Gore, Ivory, James White, Dion Lewis
WR - Julio, Edelman, Cobb, Josh Gordon, Rishard Matthews
TE - Eifert, Ertz
D/ST - Eagles
K - Crosby

Thoughts on my team?

I have no more drafts... [emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji]

I have no more drafts... [emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji]
Me neither man it sucks :lol:. One of my boys who usually runs a league got a girl and she's trying to make him cut down on his "gambling", so he's not running the league this year :smh:. So that leaves me with four leagues. Two PPR leagues, a PPR Superflex league and my Dynasty league.

NT Auction PPR league anyone? :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

Last edited:
I wish ESPN offered point per first down. Me and my boys have been trying to implement it for like 3 years now. Or even just point per reception for at least a 5 yard gain. You can do both of those on other sites but we're not trying to switch platforms for one scoring category.
In PPR leagues last year the RB1 (Freeman) scored 316 points. The RB2 (Peterson) scored 261. The RB10 (Latavius Murray) scored 205.

The WR5 (Beckham) scored 319. The WR12 (Megatron) scored 261. The WR26 (John Brown) scored 208.

My point being, there's no guarantee that the RB you choose in the first round will end up being the overall RB1. And since we know that WRs vastly outscore RBs, you're better off taking a WR since there's a much better chance of hitting on one of those, regardless of position scarcity. Fill your WR and Flex spots with 3 top tier WRs and you can afford to get just 8-10 points per game from each of your RBs, since even the guys who drafted their RBs early will more likely than not be getting those types of points from them anyway.

Hmmm interesting theory...So would you draft 3 WRs first?

ALso, right on to the folks that answered me about Cooper last night

Hmmm interesting theory...So would you draft 3 WRs first?

ALso, right on to the folks that answered me about Cooper last night
I would draft FIVE.

Here are two of my drafts from this year:

View media item 2150373 View media item 2150374
One of those was a keeper league where I kept Cooks and Robinson in rounds 7-8 which is why I only drafted three WRs. I still essentially started the draft with 5 straight WRs.

My goal is to secure at least four of the top 15 WRs. I greatly improve my chances of doing so by drafting a bunch of them in the early rounds. If I can land them, I should be able to vastly outscore most teams in any given week. Even if they somehow have each of the top 3 RBs, because as I showed even back-end top WRs score alot more points than the very best RBs.

And since top 20 RBs are usually 50+% mid-late round (or undrafted) picks, drafting WRs early allows me to load up on those high upside RBs in the mid rounds to increase my chances of landing a guy who will turn into a monster.

With my WR corps the way it is, if just one of my mid round RBs turns into a top 20 guy, I'll be at a huge advantage over the rest of the league. And if one of them turn into a stud (like Freeman, Woodhead, Martin, Miller, Williams, Johnson, Gurley, Murray did last year) I'll have a stranglehold on everyone.

I only do 1 because I stress too much :lol:
I can't do one. If my team sucked in that one league I'd be sick :lol:. Although I traditionally try to target the same players in every draft so my teams often end up looking pretty similar anyway.

Last edited:
ESPN Chiefs reporter Adam Teicher reports Jamaal Charles "hasn’t regained the role -- full-time featured back -- he had before last season’s torn ACL."

Teicher reports Spencer Ware is handling most of Kansas City's first-team running back reps in practice. Specifically, Teicher wrote that Ware "generally gets a lot of the starter’s snaps in practice. Charcandrick West gets some. Sometimes there are a few left for Charles, too." On Tuesday, coach Andy Reid said Tamba Hali (knee) is "a little further along than what Jamaal is right now," in their respective recoveries. At this point, it's unclear what Charles' role will be in Week 1 against the Chargers. An early-year RBBC appears likely. Due to their backfield depth, Teicher suggests the Chiefs "can afford to take the longer view with Charles." Aug 30 - 8:26 PM

I would draft FIVE.

Here are two of my drafts from this year:

View media item 2150373 View media item 2150374
One of those was a keeper league where I kept Cooks and Robinson in rounds 7-8 which is why I only drafted three WRs. I still essentially started the draft with 5 straight WRs.

My goal is to secure at least four of the top 15 WRs. I greatly improve my chances of doing so by drafting a bunch of them in the early rounds. If I can land them, I should be able to vastly outscore most teams in any given week. Even if they somehow have each of the top 3 RBs, because as I showed even back-end top WRs score alot more points than the very best RBs.

And since top 20 RBs are usually 50+% mid-late round (or undrafted) picks, drafting WRs early allows me to load up on those high upside RBs in the mid rounds to increase my chances of landing a guy who will turn into a monster.

With my WR corps the way it is, if just one of my mid round RBs turns into a top 20 guy, I'll be at a huge advantage over the rest of the league. And if one of them turn into a stud (like Freeman, Woodhead, Martin, Miller, Williams, Johnson, Gurley, Murray did last year) I'll have a stranglehold on everyone.
I can't do one. If my team sucked in that one league I'd be sick :lol:. Although I traditionally try to target the same players in every draft so my teams often end up looking pretty similar anyway.

Right on for the tips! Would this work also if my league is a .5 PPR? Again, right on man. I appreciate the knowledge as i'm new to fantasy football

Yeah it'd work fine in .5 PPR league. Even standard to a little bit lesser extent.

Here's some articles with more in depth analysis on why this is how you should be drafting:

Original "Zero-RB" article which introduced the concept:
http://rotoviz.com/2013/11/zero-rb-antifragility-and-the-myth-of-value-based-drafting/

2016 Zero-RB Bible:
http://rotoviz.com/2016/06/a-hitchhikers-guide-to-the-zero-rb-universe/

Detailed analysis on why Zero-RB works:
http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/...it-works?campaign=tw-fa-sf34674974-sf34674974

RBs to target if you draft Zero-RB style:
http://rotoviz.com/2016/08/top-15-zero-rb-update-draft-time-is-upon-us/?hvid=40zGfB
http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/...round-running-backs-to-target-on-zerorb-teams

(For those RotoViz articles, open them one at a time in your browsers private/incognito mode or else you'll hit a paywall.)

You say that you're new to Fantasy Football so some of this stuff might seem overwhelming. But it might actually give you an advantage, because the average fantasy player over the past x amount of decades has drafted pretty much the complete opposite of this strategy :lol:. That makes it hard for alot of people to break that habit. For you, you'll be able to start with the new school way of thinking. Just know that the guys you'll be drafting with will most likely laugh at you, but you'll get the last laugh :pimp:.

Last edited:
I actually have another question.

I'll be the 12th pick and was wondering what would most likely be my best WR options for my first two picks?

I'm thinking Marshall, maybe Dez (though i'm not too high on him cause of no Romo), maybe Allen, Hilton, Nelson? Am I heading the right direction with these guys?

Yeah it'd work fine in .5 PPR league. Even standard to a little bit lesser extent.

Here's some articles with more in depth analysis on why this is how you should be drafting:

Original "Zero-RB" article which introduced the concept:
http://rotoviz.com/2013/11/zero-rb-antifragility-and-the-myth-of-value-based-drafting/

2016 Zero-RB Bible:
http://rotoviz.com/2016/06/a-hitchhikers-guide-to-the-zero-rb-universe/

Detailed analysis on why Zero-RB works:
http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/...it-works?campaign=tw-fa-sf34674974-sf34674974

RBs to target if you draft Zero-RB style:
http://rotoviz.com/2016/08/top-15-zero-rb-update-draft-time-is-upon-us/?hvid=40zGfB
http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/...round-running-backs-to-target-on-zerorb-teams

(For those RotoViz articles, open them one at a time in your browsers private/incognito mode or else you'll hit a paywall.)

You say that you're new to Fantasy Football so some of this stuff might seem overwhelming. But it might actually give you an advantage, because the average fantasy player over the past x amount of decades has drafted pretty much the complete opposite of this strategy :lol:. That makes it hard for alot of people to break that habit. For you, you'll be able to start with the new school way of thinking. Just know that the guys you'll be drafting with will most likely laugh at you, but you'll get the last laugh :pimp:.

Yp repped for these articles! I'll read them right now.

Yeah, i'm kinda trippin that these fools really gonna think i don't know what i'm doing by drafting 3 or 4 straight for the same position haha

Yp repped for these articles! I'll read them right now.

Yeah, i'm kinda trippin that these fools really gonna think i don't know what i'm doing by drafting 3 or 4 straight for the same position haha
No prob. The funny thing is, I drafted like this in a few leagues last year and got laughed at, then proceeded to win championships. Then this year got laughed at when my friends noticed I was doing it again :smh:.

Some guys you could target at 12/13:
Allen Robinson
Dez Bryant (no Romo doesn't scare me too much. He'll still get a ton of balls thrown his way.)

^^ Those two guys MIGHT be gone by 12. These guys below should definitely be there:

Keenan Allen
Brandon Marshall
Mike Evans
Alshon Jeffrey
Brandin Cooks
Jordy Nelson

Some guys to look for in rounds 3/4:

Sammy Watkins
Randall Cobb
Julian Edelman
Golden Tate
Jeremy Maclin

Check out http://fantasypros.com for more Rankings and Average Draft Position.

Last edited:
No prob. The funny thing is, I drafted like this in a few leagues last year and got laughed at, then proceeded to win championships. Then this year got laughed at when my friends noticed I was doing it again :smh:.

Some guys you could target at 12/13:
Allen Robinson
Dez Bryant (no Romo doesn't scare me too much. He'll still get a ton of balls thrown his way.)

^^ Those two guys MIGHT be gone by 12. These guys below should definitely be there:

Keenan Allen
Brandon Marshall
Mike Evans
Alshon Jeffrey
Jordy Nelson

Some guys to look for in rounds 3/4:

Sammy Watkins
Randall Cobb
Julian Edelman
Golden Tate
Jeremy Maclin

Check out http://fantasypros.com for more Rankings and Average Draft Position.

YO!!! I wish i could rep you 100 man. Seriously, right on for all the help! Got me excited to take down my draft on Friday :lol:

No prob man :lol:. And like nick. nick. said, just stick around in here during the season and the advice will still be plentiful. Even if your draft doesn't go exactly as planned, you'll get all the hot waiver pickups and trade insight in here.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom