OFFICIAL 2016 FANTASY FOOTBALL THREAD

Forte is also hurt right now so if it was Week 1 today Powell would be playing alot. 

Last edited:
Opinions on Golden Tate? I drafted him but kinda iffy with him. Hearing more love for Marvin Jones.

My WR's is kinda shaky for now (Hilton, Tate, Decker) until week 5 when Josh Gordon returns.

DeVante Parker is still available on the waiver wire
Im aiming for Tate, Stafford loves that dude. Him and Jones will both get lots of love this year.

Forte has piled up a ton of touches throughout his career, and this will be his age 31 season. He hasn't been known for his health in the past and those things will only make it harder for him to stay on the field this year. On top of that, Chan Gailey likes to spread his RB touches around, so Powell will likely have some standalone value even while Forte is healthy. If/when he does get hurt, you'll want Powell on your team.

Blount is a Flex candidate, nothing more. Powell has a lot more potential than that.

My only problem with that is if forte does get hurt, Khiry Robinson will likely be the lead back and not Powell.  I would imagine his role will stay the same as at most a 3rd down back.  Maybe I just don't see the same upside you do.

I also have an issue with banking on someone to get hurt.  Sure, he is 31, but that doesn't guarantee injury.  Its not like Powell is much younger.  He is about to be 28 in a month.
That could very well be true. Like you said though, we just see it differently.

I'm not banking on Forte getting hurt for Powell to be useable though. Powell was a viable flex option last year. He actually scored more points than Blount, both overall and on a per-game basis. Blount's role is static. Much of his season last year was played in the same situation he'll be in this year. We know what we're gonna get out of him. But with Powell, although we don't know what will happen if Forte gets hurt, there's a possibility of him having a much bigger role.

This thread scares me on how to go about the #7 pick in Round 1 :wow: :lol: I'm really thinking about going Allen Robinson over Nuke if both are there. But IDK. I'm just worried about Brock being a dud but Nuke did put up numbers with **** QB play last season.

I hated Nuke last year because of the suspect QB's

He is going to put up numbers regardless

Dude is way more safe than Robinson

Man in my 0.5 PPR league Edelman was putting up WR1 numbers last year before he went down...I picked him this year in the third round over Cooks, Landry and Cooper. He better prove me right or I'm gonna be pissed :lol:

Got Julio, Cobb, Josh Gordon and Rishard Matthews as my other WR's

Last edited:
10 team 2-QB PPR league, I got pick #9

I'm thinking of going WR,RB or WR,WR with my first 2 picks. The only QB I'm semi considering is if Luck is there at 12

My main question is if I don't take a QB in the first 2 rounds who will be there for me in rounds 3 and 4 (picks 29 and 32).
I'm thinking the best available will be the Rivers, Eli, Romo type - kinda risky. Thoughts?

Last edited:
10 team 2-QB PPR league, I got pick #9

I'm thinking of going WR,RB or WR,WR with my first 2 picks. The only QB I'm semi considering is if Luck is there at 12

My main question is if I don't take a QB in the first 2 rounds who will be there for me in rounds 3 and 4 (picks 29 and 32).
I'm thinking the best available will be the Rivers, Eli, Romo type - kinda risky. Thoughts?
If those are the only QBs there in round 3, I question your league.  I wouldnt even consider drafting a QB until late 3rd early 4th round.  Players like Big Ben, Brees and Wilson should ALL be there with picks 29 and 32.  Maybe even better QBs than that will be.

If those are the only QBs there in round 3, I question your league.  I wouldnt even consider drafting a QB until late 3rd early 4th round.  Players like Big Ben, Brees and Wilson should ALL be there with picks 29 and 32.  Maybe even better QBs than that will be.

2 QB leagues are kinda crazy man, at least the ones I have been apart of. Its always unpredictable how many QBs will go early, it happens in waves

Interesting point.  Dont have a ton of experience in 2 QB leagues.  Seems like you may want to reach on a QB, but I still would be hesitant to draft a QB over a top WR.

I had Melvin Gordon and Jeremy hill as my backs last season

If they were half way decent I would have made playoffs

I also picked up David Johnson but barely played him lol

I'm so lost who to take RB like I said I'm probably going for 3 WR to start the draft

Man in my 0.5 PPR league Edelman was putting up WR1 numbers last year before he went down...I picked him this year in the third round over Cooks, Landry and Cooper. He better prove me right or I'm gonna be pissed :lol:

Man, you're crazy. You took Edelman over those guys? :x

Man, you're crazy. You took Edelman over those guys? :x

Edelman and Landry were really the only two I was considering honestly. I dealt with the inconsistency of having Cooks as my WR2 last year. Brees will spread the ball around all over the field again and Cooks will have a game with 25 fantasy points then the next week have 5. In PPR leagues I want high volume #1 targets like Edelman and Landry. I love Cooper too but he faded BAD down the stretch last year and I've seen him give up on too many throws. Brady is going to come out gunning coming off that suspension and you already know Edelman is getting like 15 check downs a game. Healthy Gronk and Bennett will help draw away some attention.

I feel a temper tantrum coming your way. LOL

Let me give you a little statistic on Amari Cooper for those standard League guys. David Carr attempted 22 passes from inside the 10-yard line. Out of those 22 passes none were targeted to Amari Cooper. Can this change? Absolutely. Will a change? I don't know but it is something to keep in mind in standard leagues

Let me give you a little statistic on Amari Cooper for those standard League guys. David Carr attempted 22 passes from inside the 10-yard line. Out of those 22 passes none were targeted to Amari Cooper. Can this change? Absolutely. Will a change? I don't know but it is something to keep in mind in standard leagues

Funny how this was brought up on XM radio

I guess Cooper only had 7 red zone targets last season

I still like cooper tho

Would you do a straight up trade with Frank Gore for Danny Woodhead in a .5 PPR league?

Nah I'd keep Gore. There's really nothing behind him and he was still a top 15 RB with Hassellbeck, Freeman and whatever else the Colts were throwing out there while Luck was out. That offense should be good and Gore will get all the goal line carries.

im on an 8-team, standary yahoo league. i got 2nd pick. got some pointers?

im going to see who is best avail as always but i plan on going wr-rb first 2 rounds.

Just drafted, Standard nonppr, 12 teamer.

9 David Johnson, Ari RB
16 Allen Robinson, Jax WR
33 Amari Cooper, Oak WR
40 Jarvis Landry, Mia WR
57 Julian Edelman, NE WR
64 Jeremy Langford, Chi RB
81 Jordan Matthews, Phi WR
88 Ameer Abdullah, Det RB
105 Charles Sims, TB RB
112 Kirk Cousins, Wsh QB
129 Devin Funchess, Car WR
136 Dwayne Allen, Ind TE
153 Vikings D/ST D/ST
160 Chandler Catanzaro, Ari K

QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, WR/RB, Def, K, B, B, B, B, B, IR

My usual strategy is usually WRs and RBs for value. I tend to wait on QBs and TEs unless insane value and I hardly hold 2 of those spots.
If I don't end up with strong RBs I'll go for upside at the slot (either potential or backup potential with an injury)

at 9 I considered Dez, Gronk, Miller, and Bell but I couldn't pass up Johnson at #9.
16 would be Ingram, Robinson, or Marshall - went with WR. Ideally, I would have preferred to have 2 top WRs or Green with Miller at the turn but I'll take Johnson and Robinson as my core.
Cooper over Rawls, C.J
Landry over Decker, Cobb
Edelman slipped to me so took him then Langford for the upside.
Matthews for value but maybe should have considered RB due to my current ones - had Jones, Woodhead, Yeldon available but didn't really like those options
Ameer and Sims for value/needed RB depth/luck

Ideally would have loved to have Tyrod Taylor in the later rounds but he went in the 8th. Big run with QBs with Cam in the 2nd, Rodgers in the 3rd, Luck in the 4th, Big Ben, WIlson, Brady, Brees going in the 5th. I waited til the 10th to get Cousins. As far as TE's goes, I was going to get Tyler Eifert in the 11th but he was swiped right before me so I went Funchess. Wanted Eifert adn Allen with Eifert as my boom high upside TE but the player in the 11th was autopicking so it went Eifert FML.

All in all, I like it. Depth at the WR, maybe too much since I can only play 3

Back
Top Bottom