Official 2016 Boxing Thread: 11/5/2016 - Vargas/Pacquiao Top Rank PPV.

Chris Mannix

@ChrisMannixYS

Oscar De La Hoya calls out @GGGBoxing and says "You better answer your phone tomorrow morning." Here's hoping that's real.

here they go with a 75/25 take it or leave it offer to GGG
Uhh what do you expect? Canelo IS the PPV King right now and should be paid a lot more. GGG isn't bringing in the ppv views like Canelo. I swear you guys don't use your brains. This is a business first and foremost. The PPV king has always had the bargaining power. You guys really expecting some 50/50 split? If GGG wants to be what he knows he can be, he needs to make sacrifices. He needs to accept that for this fight, he's not calling the shots. It's always happened like this in boxing.

Fight went how most people thought it would. Khan started well, won the first 2 rounds, lost the next three, then got knocked out.
you really think i expect it to be a 50/50 spit?

but if they come to the table talking about 80/20 or 75/25 then they really dont want the fight to be made

[QUOTE url="[URL]https://twitter.com/ChrisMannixYS[/URL]"]
Chris Mannix

@ChrisMannixYS

Oscar De La Hoya calls out @GGGBoxing and says "You better answer your phone tomorrow morning." Here's hoping that's real.

here they go with a 75/25 take it or leave it offer to GGG
Uhh what do you expect? Canelo IS the PPV King right now and should be paid a lot more. GGG isn't bringing in the ppv views like Canelo. I swear you guys don't use your brains. This is a business first and foremost. The PPV king has always had the bargaining power. You guys really expecting some 50/50 split? If GGG wants to be what he knows he can be, he needs to make sacrifices. He needs to accept that for this fight, he's not calling the shots. It's always happened like this in boxing.

Fight went how most people thought it would. Khan started well, won the first 2 rounds, lost the next three, then got knocked out.

you really think i expect it to be a 50/50 spit?

but if they come to the table talking about 80/20 or 75/25 then they really dont want the fight to be made
[/quote]

75/25 is a fair split.

75/25 is a fair split.

No, 65/35 is fair
I think 65/35 is fair.
We're gonna see a ridiculous demand from de la hoya and bring up the whole A side vs B side argument when people think it's ridiculous. He'll somehow throw shots at mayweather (like he always does) about the demands mayweather would make when he was the A fighter.

Still don't see the fight happening in September. Maybe May 2017

Was the actual split for Khan/Canelo made public? Show money was all that was made public with $3.5 for Canela and $2 for Khan. It was said Khan would make around $13 with everything said and done.

Was the actual split for Khan/Canelo made public? Show money was all that was made public with $3.5 for Canela and $2 for Khan. It was said Khan would make around $13 with everything said and done.

I thought I saw 10 million for Canelo and 3 or 4 for Kahn

What do you guys think khan and Canelo true weights were last night?
Khan didn't look as small as I expected

Golovkin got $2mil for fighting Dominic Wade. 75/25 is definitely NOT a fair split.

What he made against wade has nothing to do with what the split should be. It's how much of a draw you are. Whether people like it or not, the major draw will always get more money. Canelo is the biggest draw in boxing right now, GGG hasn't proven that.

Golovkin got $2mil for fighting Dominic Wade. 75/25 is definitely NOT a fair split.

What he made against wade has nothing to do with what the split should be. It's how much of a draw you are. Whether people like it or not, the major draw will always get more money. Canelo is the biggest draw in boxing right now, GGG hasn't proven that.

The GGG-Lemieux PPV bombed, so he lost a lot of leverage there. If GGG really wants the fight he needs to meet these concesssions even though I am not a big fan of catchweights.

The GGG-Lemieux PPV bombed, so he lost a lot of leverage there. If GGG really wants the fight he needs to meet these concesssions even though I am not a big fan of catchweights.
Agree. GGG has no PPV draw outside of boxing fans and Borat.

He better off taking that 25, wash Canelo, and then go from there...

Last edited:
I hate how boxing does not have a winners purse instead of a set purse pre fight. I feel it would
Be fair the winner gets the higher percentage at the end.

Btw one judge really had canelo up 4-1 going into the sixth round. That's crazy, u really will not beat canelo by decision no matter what.

Ya sound mad uneducated ....

I believe GGG biggest payday has been between 1.5-3 million ...

His fight against Monroe he was paid 1.5 million to the 100k Monroe was paid.

So lets stop talking about unfair split ... It's obvious GGG is not the draw ...

Also, where are you guys getting that GGG would auto wash Canelo? Just curious ...

Canelita set Khan up with the body blows in Rds. 4-5. Unfortunately for Khan walked right into Canelita's best thrown punch of the night. :lol:

Wrong khan set himself up looking to use his lead hand to block every punch canelo was throwing. That's why the feint worked and both kahn s hands were extended. It was the same thing he had been doing all fight when not moving.

I get GGG is as quick as khan but we all know GGG is gon he the guy walking in imposing his will. Canelo is a slow starter and if GGG works that body the big blows won't be there later. Fans of boxing not casual fans like ggg because of how he works in the ring. Yes the kos are nice but the work he does leading up to it is impressive especially his footwork he is always in range to throw and never wastes energy ever

Fans of boxing not casual fans like ggg because of how he works in the ring. Yes the kos are nice but the work he does leading up to it is impressive especially his footwork he is always in range to throw and never wastes energy ever

I've tried to explain this to folks before, but the blind faith Canelo fans don't want to hear it. They don't want to acknowledge his skill in boxing or what he developed in the 400 amateur fights and 30+ pro fights. They just want to say he hasn't fought anybody.

I brought up that Canelo's first 32 fights were against cans in Mexico before progressing to washed up punchers and bloated former champs. The only retort is Golovkin never fought anybody as good as Cotto. Ignoring that Cotto was a welterweight weighing 153 at the weigh in and probably the same in the ring. Canelo being nearly 180.

Back
Top Bottom