Official 2015 NFL Draft Thread

is Mike Irvin on the NFLN draft coverage?

watching him right now & he talks crazy fast, don't know if i can handle it for a few hours :lol:

I'm talking about a spread system versus a pro system some colleges run

Can't blame an NFL GM for not wanting a guy who never ran a pro system in college

Sounds dumb but thats just how some NFL GMs feel

Like I said, either the player has it or they don't. Seen plenty of "has all the stuff you want in a QB, played in a pro style offense" guys flake out of the NFL after two years. Seen other guys that were too short, had bad pro days, and/or played in non-traditional offenses win Super Bowls.

I think where a player gets drafted is really much more important than all of the coming-out-of-college hoopla TBH. If you're pretty well established team (Steelers/Ravens/Seahawks w/ Ben, Joe, Russ), it's easier for a QB to come in and learn. Sitting for a year isn't all that bad.

If you're drafted by the Titans/Browns or one of the other squads that regurgitates QBs every season... may God have mercy on your soul.

Last edited:
Wisenhunt and Pettine reasonably only have 1 year left, wouldnt want to be a QB going into that situation.

Brady, Peyton, Brees been running the spread for years

Big Ben recently too

Kaep got to 1 yard of winning sb with the pistol

RW won the sb with zone read

People get to hung up on labels

Brady, Peyton, Brees been running the spread for years

Big Ben recently too

Kaep got to 1 yard of winning sb with the pistol

RW won the sb with zone read

People get to hung up on labels

Exactly. Saw a stat that said Aaron Rodgers has worked out of the shotgun something like 84% of his snaps the last two seasons. Peyton wasn't that far off, either.

The NFL has evolved.

Ed Werder @Edwerderespn 1m
I've twice been assured by most trusted #Bucs source that as of 45 minutes ago, they're not talking trade with #Eagles for the No. 1 pick.

Last edited:
2 hours

Dante Fowler wearing all white with gold shoes... :wow:

Last edited:
It's just crazy to think that a guy is going to be the #2 and highest coveted pick...

and he still has to learn how to take snaps from under center.

and lmao at Ed Werder saying he's heard Jameis Winston is smarter than Andrew Luck in the classroom. FOH

Last edited:
It's just crazy to think that a guy is going to be the #2 and highest coveted pick...

and he still has to learn how to take snaps from under center.

Kid is going to be a bust. Teams are just that desperate. Big gaudy NCAA numbers, intelligent guy that interviews well. Wherever he goes, it would be in the team's best interest to sit him for a year or two.

hopefully Washington passes on Fowler because they don't want his suit associated with their franchise.

Back
Top Bottom