OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

First non-steroid rumor is he took something otc for his flu like symptoms that contained a banned substance

Florida’s Grier suspended
By Mike Huguenin on October 12, 2015

View media item 1745019

Will Grier
Florida will announce at 2:30 p.m. Monday that redshirt freshman quarterback Will Grier will be suspended for the rest of the season.

A source told gridironnow.com that Grier’s suspension is for a violation of NCAA rules regarding performance-enhancing drugs. The NCAA rule states that an athlete loses one full year of eligibility, which seems to mean Grier could miss the first half of the 2016 season, too.

Florida normally holds a Monday news conference, but the new conference was moved back a few hours this week.

Florida (6-0), which has been one of the nation’s biggest surprises, plays at LSU (5-0) this Saturday in a battle of top-10 teams.

View media item 1745021

First non-steroid rumor is he took something otc for his flu like symptoms that contained a banned substance

If that indeed is the case he's still responsible for being aware in contacting the coaches and or medical staff to make sure anything he takes OTC is approved PRIOR to taking it. Inexcusable and in my opinion the right call. Banned substances under any and all circumstances are not to be permitted. I'm a firm believer in that

file.php

Maybe we can get a top flight qb in this class now.

Sucks for Grier, if Harris plays well grier wont see the field next year either.

LSU game becomes much tougher. Beat UGA and we can still win east.

Word, as easy as it is to joke about there is usually a root cause of why people have such issues. One of my friends got suspended from his job for being drunk on the job a few months ago. I found out secondhand that he had recently got home from work early one day and walked in on his 4 year old daughter being molested by his uncle :smh: :frown: It had apparently happened multiple times over a year, and she's now in therapy for it but has become distant/withdrawn and not happy like she used to be. He had to move his family out of that house (his uncle lived there too) and the prosecution of the case has been a total nightmare, and his wife had just had a second kid.

All that was too much for him to handle and he pretty much just had a breakdown and was drinking just to make it through the day every day. Most people who have that kinda issue aren't drinking to feel good, they're drinking to not feel anything at all/avoid feeling something worse.

That's rough...

Sarks personal issues are out there, he's going through a divorce and the wife took the kids.

Coaches are like politicians, they have their warts, most wifes play the part despite the warts. Others get fed up, and choose to bounce. Sarks wife pulled the cord to the parachute, dudes in a downward spiral.

The only W I can give miami on those next 3 games is duke. They've lost to them once ever since joining the ACC, clemson is the best team in the ACC so there's that. VT vs Miami is a toss up. VT might be getting michael brewer back for the game, which would boost the offensive production. 
they have us a 6 point favorite against virginia tech , but even that doesn't feel like a w

Brett McMurphy @McMurphyESPN 1m
If Will Grier's appeal is denied, he’s out 1 calendar year, so he would also miss Florida’s 1st 6 games in 2016

Back
Top Bottom