OFFICIAL 2015-2016 College Football Season Thread

FootballScoop Staff @FootballScoop
Bruce Feldman reports that Maryland has now told Randy Edsall that he is out FootballScoop.com/the-scoop/?re2

Shoulda fired Edsall last year.

They must be reading those Chip Kelly suggestions too.

Too bad he's coming to SC and Miami and UTk :pimp:

Last edited:
RT @BruceFeldmanCFB #Maryland OC Mike Locksley will be the #Terps interim head coach, taking over for the fired Randy Edsall: http://t.co/ag2Gegy74m

Jake Russell‏@_JakeRussell

Five potential #Terps head coaching candidates, via Sports Illustrated: Chip Kelly, Rich Rodriguez, Greg Schiano, Dino Babers and Matt Rhule
Out that list they def gon end up with Schiano :lol: :x

RT @BruceFeldmanCFB #Maryland OC Mike Locksley will be the #Terps interim head coach, taking over for the fired Randy Edsall: http://t.co/ag2Gegy74m

Jake Russell‏@_JakeRussell

Five potential #Terps head coaching candidates, via Sports Illustrated: Chip Kelly, Rich Rodriguez, Greg Schiano, Dino Babers and Matt Rhule
Out that list they def gon end up with Schiano :lol: :x

:lol: first thing I thought as well

Replacing Edsall w/ Edsall :lol:

Last edited:
its amazing to see a coach who can identify strengths and weaknesses of his team and his opponents as quickly as Jim Haurbaugh.

If they woulda gave him $300M contract it wouldn't be too much

Thats exactly what my friends and I were talking about... His ability to make a game out of reach in a half is unreal... If it is a first half he doesn't do a thing in the 2nd which I am good with... You have to love imagine you see a great gameplan from Jim on Saturday... My only fear is turnovers and if these guys are actually as tough as the appear... They will get punched in the mouth and they have to punch back... I have been nervous every game and this week will be a killer with all the Sparties that surround my life... They have been mighty quiet lately... Game at home is HUGE for Michigan... Its going to be a great game

What's the Rich Rod connection? 
There was mutual interest between the two in 2010/11.  IIRC he was mulling over bailing on the team before the bowl game (he knew he was getting fired), and leaving for Maryland but he decided against it.  That part is in 3 & Out. 

Last edited:

What's the Rich Rod connection? 
There was mutual interest between the two in 2010/11.  IIRC he was mulling over bailing on the team before the bowl game (he knew he was getting fired), and leaving for Maryland but he decided against it.  That part is in 3 & Out. 
Yeah. They wanted him and I'm not sure if it was confirmed RR considered quitting or if it was just a rumor, but MD hoped they could swipe him back then.

And I think he would work out in that area. He recruited well at WVU with Ohio, the East coast and Florida in arms reach.

Last edited:
I don't know that he'd leave either. Zona loves him, expectations are low, and he has a lane. But there's also probably a ceiling at Zona.

I don't know that Maryland wouldn't be a better job. Especially with Under Armour desperate to showcase and build the school up.

Well, I mean coaches have been gravitating to the Big Ten the last few years. It's a conference that now has Urban Meyer, Jim Harbaugh, and Mark Dantonio. Best Top-3 of any conference in the country.

I don't think Rich Rodriguez is the type of person who would want to have his **** handed to him by those three time and time again though. He's the type who'd rather not try.

@ByAZuniga: Not only does Michigan have three straight shutouts, but the Wolverines haven't allowed a drive into the red zone over that span.

Well, I mean coaches have been gravitating to the Big Ten the last few years. It's a conference that now has Urban Meyer, Jim Harbaugh, and Mark Dantonio. Best Top-3 of any conference in the country.

I don't think Rich Rodriguez is the type of person who would want to have his **** handed to him by those three time and time again though. He's the type who'd rather not try.
Rich Rod was coach of the year in a conference with Butch Davis, Frank Beamer, and Walt Harris at their peaks (and later Bobby Petrino.)

And it's not like he didn't come to a Pac 12 with Chip Kelly and Harbaugh.  I don't think he'd be afraid at all.

155m's going into Cole Field House...they are trying to have a facility that is a close second to what Oregon has.

Rich Rod was coach of the year in a conference with Butch Davis, Frank Beamer, and Walt Harris at their peaks (and later Bobby Petrino.)

And it's not like he didn't come to a Pac 12 with Chip Kelly and Harbaugh.  I don't think he'd be afraid at all.
Butch Davis at his peak where?

Back
Top Bottom