Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tax money gets dispersed across all teams if I'm not mistaken.

It SHOULD go to NBACares and those programs, but I guess the NBA doesn't really care that much

Guys like Paul Allen who just sold a painting for $44million..

All this repeater luxury tax were small markets trying to have an excuse to avoid having to put a lot of money into their teams.

Paul Allen is not really one of those guys because he puts some money into his teams or at least tries, but it's just the picture you can paint.. These owners are not hurting for money

Last edited:
Prok stay losing.

is that the tax hes gonna pay for this off season? or is that predicted for next year?

how does he "stay losing"

team aint winning and hes spending all this money.

i call it a loss IMO

only one team wins, so every team is losing? what u want them to do, tank the season like every damn team. can u imagine if every team tried to slash payroll

i meant as in come CLOSE to winning.

i like the Nets dont get me wrong but they are spending wayy too much money.

Oh and teams can officially sign players as of an hour ago 
happy.gif

lets see if any players pull a Boozer this off season

what did Boozer do?

Lakers win! 

ha-ha-ha-ha suck it rest of the NBA

[QUOTE url="[MEDIA=twitter]354802641802510336[/MEDIA]"]
Your NBA luxury-tax champions from the 2012-13 season? Lakers informed tonight that they were officially charged $29,259,739 in '12-13 tax
— Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) July 10, 2013

also

:wow:
laugh.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

[QUOTE url="[MEDIA=twitter]354807970808332289[/MEDIA]"]
You read right, my friends. Nets projected, at this early juncture, to owe somewhere between $72M and $77M in taxes after coming season

[/QUOTE]
Aiight man............... How is this even ok? One of these days they will wisen up and put a hard cap in the NBA, one day.
[/quote]

There is a hard cap they almost reached it

Boozer was grimey and I ain't emmm mad about it.

They shouldn't have been trying to get dude on a bargain basement deal

The Boozer thing happened right when Comic Sans took over right?

Young Farmar back in LA one time :pimp: :pimp:

"They knew about my deal overseas and really didn't push it earlier because they didn't think I'd be willing to give up that guaranteed money I had over there," Farmar said in a phone interview with ESPNLosAngeles.com. "I wanted to be back in the NBA, but more importantly, back with the Lakers. This is the only situation I would have taken a minimum deal with."

"I've been a Laker since I was born," Farmar said. "I grew up a Laker fan, so regardless of where I am or who I'm playing for, or what I'm doing in life, I'm always going to stay connected to what's going on here [in Los Angeles]."

"The plan for me was to get back to the NBA eventually regardless," Farmar said. "I really, really enjoyed my time in Israel. I thought it was a possibility that it would be exactly the same [in Turkey] and I would hop on over there and never look back and I would make good money overseas, but just being over there and staying up until 2, 3, 4 in the morning and watching every NBA game, or watching the Lakers go through what they were going through was just tough.

"I missed my family, I missed being home and, ultimately, I missed being a Laker."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/9465444/jordan-farmar-says-sign-los-angeles-lakers

:smokin

Why would they want a hard cap?

Where do you think those taxes are going?
I'm sure they love it, but I'm talking about whats best for the fans. A hard cap would bring parity to the league instead of having the richest teams always suceed. In recent history, the NBA champion is always one of the richest teams. You can make an argument that the reason the teams are rich is becuase they win or they win becuase theyre rich, but if there was a hard cap, some of the "poorer" teams would have a chance to slip into the conversation.
Why don't they bring back Rick Fox, Brian Shaw, and Luke Walton while they're at it.
If anyones coming back it should be A.C Green
Lakers win!

ha-ha-ha-ha suck it rest of the NBA

Your NBA luxury-tax champions from the 2012-13 season? Lakers informed tonight that they were officially charged $29,259,739 in '12-13 tax

also

eek.gif
laugh.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

roll.gif

You read right, my friends. Nets projected, at this early juncture, to owe somewhere between $72M and $77M in taxes after coming season
Aiight man............... How is this even ok? One of these days they will wisen up and put a hard cap in the NBA, one day.
There is a hard cap they almost reached it
Isnt their "Hard cap" more a guideline/suggestion and doesnt mean anything at all in terms of limits? Thats what I remember but I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom