Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol sitting up here looking at smart guy, and tj gets benched....his dad is like a lot of good 6th man sg...look at kobe, won 6th man, tj was like yea ok aint like he will ever be star ah nothing off the bench...

Decade or so later.... non nba related sorta, just thought it was kinda funny seeing all the kobe lovers in here. Plus I guess it shows how old I am.

Dude said Bj gonna be a laker like that's a good thing
laugh.gif
well considering their options...5 pg's to which one is pushing 40, 3 basically suck, and one is a serviceable backup at best. So it definitely would be an upgrade. 

Was that Dallas team with Dirk, Nash and Michael Finley better than the one that won the ring?

in 02-03 

Dirk putting up 25, 10, 3 apg, 1.4 spg, 1 bpg

Finley putting up 19, 6, 3 apg, 1 spg

Nash putting up 17 and 7

Solid contributions from Nick Van Exel (12.5ppg), Raef LaFrentz (9 and 5), Shawn Bradley (7 and 6 with 2 bpg) and Eduardo Najera (7 and 5, and a really good defender)

the next year they got Antoine Walker, Antawn Jamison and Josh Howard coming off the bench

Last edited:
Was that Dallas team with Dirk, Nash and Michael Finley better than the one that won the ring?

in 02-03 

Nash putting up 17 and 7

Solid contributions from Nick Van Exel (12.5ppg), Raef LaFrentz (9 and 5), Shawn Bradley (7 and 6 with 2 bpg) and Eduardo Najera (7 and 5, and a really good defender)

the next year they got Antoine Walker, Antawn Jamison and Josh Howard coming off the bench

From a pure talent perspective yes but that championship team was mentally tougher which means more.

in 02-03 

Nash putting up 17 and 7

From a pure talent perspective yes but that championship team was mentally tougher which means more.
well that, plus I dont think anybody was beating Timmy and the Spurs that year.  I feel like if that Mavs squad would have stuck together they could have won multiple rings.

Did you guys know that Dirk has never ranked lower than 10 in PER in his career?

Just shows how underrated Pierce has been his entire career , putting his name within a paragraph of Odom is an insult and I'm a laker fan.

Respect the hell outta Paul Pierce. Wish you didn't have to end your career in Boston either, my dude. You'll always be a Celtic. Paul Pierce = Lamar Odom after being traded from the Lakers? :nerd:
youre a Celtic fan and you think pp with be a post lakers lamar? What??

Dipset gon dipset

[quote name="CertifiedFlyBoi23"][quote name="DarthSka"]
Why no, no it doesn't.

We call comments like those (air quotes) 'trolling'.

CertifiedFlyBoi23, if the only thing you have to contribute to a discussion is to throw out an off topic response that is most likely meant to push buttons, just don't post. Thanks.[/quote]

Don't start that ****. He mentioned gambling, what does gambling have to do with Jordan's ability to play and stay healthy? So read what I'm replying to before you jump
In here trying to son someone[/quote]Speaking of 'Don't even start that...'

*kindergartener points to another student*

"But HEEE started it."

Yeah.

View media item 503632
Chicks be showin up like this to the drew league gms..unbelievable.

I'll cut her some slack and assume she either had a pool party to go to afterwards, or wanted to get to her swimming classes on time.

Respect the hell outta Paul Pierce. Wish you didn't have to end your career in Boston either, my dude. You'll always be a Celtic. Paul Pierce = Lamar Odom after being traded from the Lakers? :nerd:

post-21716-Dave-Chappelle-Pushes-Girl-Out-R6pS.gif

Pierce will not pull a Lamar.

Just shows how underrated Pierce has been his entire career , putting his name within a paragraph of Odom is an insult and I'm a laker fan.

youre a Celtic fan and you think pp with be a post lakers lamar? What??

Dipset gon dipset

Son compared Paul Pierce to Lamar Odom.

I'll cut her some slack and assume she either had a pool party to go to afterwards, or wanted to get to her swimming classes on time.
post-21716-Dave-Chappelle-Pushes-Girl-Out-R6pS.gif

Not once did i compare The Truth to Lamar Odom basketball talent on the court. What I DID compare is bring traded from their teams that cherished them and the teams that they have a bond with. Pierce is beside himself at Boston's management and does not wanna be in Brooklyn. Just like how Lamar spent several seasons as a Laker and thought he would retire there.

Reading is fundamental.

So Farmar must be a die hard laker fan or something to give up an estimated $5-10m to get out of his turkey contract for a train-wreck of a team with some lofty fantasies for 500k. Damn.

Odom is mentally soft, it's as fragile as Oden's and Bynum's knees combined. Lol at anyone comparing this situation to PP leaving Boston.

Where is one piece of evidence that PP does not want to be in Brooklyn? Lol, dude has been on record and all over television looking and sounding perfectly content with Jason Kidd and Brooklyn. He and Garnett were just on Sportscenter being interviewed saying they still have gas in the tank and are going to a good situation with Williams, Johnson and Lopez where they will be more role players than stars.

Last edited:

in 02-03 

Nash putting up 17 and 7

Great team but Dirk hadn't reached his prime yet, as good as those numbers are.  He really came into his own as a leader (and became an OK defender) in the years after Nash left the team.

The Jamison/Walker experiment was a huge failure the next year though.

Don Nelson  
pimp.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom