Official 2013 NBA Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few reasons why I love the bynum signing.

1. The actual contract is awesome. only 6m that is for sure and the rest is incentives/a team option.
2. How often does a young big man with the ceiling of Bynum hit the FA market and a team like the Cavs could sign him. I understand that he is rarely healthy but that money couldnt have been spent on a better player for the cavs situation.
3. If and its a big IF he stays healthy it will be another attractive piece to help get a FA next year
4. Still can sign a max contract next year
5. Dan Gilbert will spend the money. regardless of what you guys think I think hes a great owner and will spend the money to take risks/improve this team that not every other owner would.
6. The cavs paid 6m to Luke Walton last year, that money is now going to bynum.

One piece at a time and this team is young and deep.

Just stay healthy :lol:

Love the Bynum signing, he basically doesn't hurt us if he flops but if he stays healthy, huge home run!!!!

Also we paid Luke Walton 6 mill last year, so good job Cavs.....I am excited if these team stays healthy, Bynum, Varejao, Kyrie, Waiters, Tristan, Bennett, future looking bright, hope Kyrie takes that huge 3rd year step and we ready baby!!!

laugh.gif
at Yikes

Who thinks Griffin and/or Jordan will take their game to another level next season? I don't.
Not at all, and Ryan freaking Hollins is their only backup.

And yet we got guys in here predicting the 1 or 2 seed. 
roll.gif

Last edited:
IMO, the Clips need to move Blake. Period.

"Screw 'em all, I'm Kobe ******g Bryant" type approach. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Glorified and 1 team. Second round exit at best. Cp must've wanted the money instead of a ring.

Oh? And where could he have realistically gone that would give him a better chance at a ring than the Clippers? I stress realistically.

Can't wait to see that Cavs team. Bynum better not pull what he did last year or his career is done. He'll be Sprewell'ed out the league. Hope the Cavs get a ton of national tv games so I can watch em.

Can't blame KB because not many people in the world have the luxury/opportunity to make that much money.

We're talking 10, 12, 15 millions on the table here.

Ask yourself would you turn down that kind amount of money if given to you?

Who know what Kobe plan is after hes retired. You can do a lot of things with a few millions. He might need that money.

But i think he should reconsider taking a pay cut if he want a chance at 6 or attract other free agent

It's still too early right now to judge. I'm sure the team and Kobe will sit down and discuss the plan when the time come.

Last edited:
Its too far away. Why say u would 1 yr away (take a pay cut). Youre setting a cap on yourself. I guarantee if it made the difference between signing x or y player or both..hed adjust accordingly. Would he take vets min or mle? Of course not. But im sure hed do whats fair in order to accommodate said FAs and stay cap friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom