Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fighter throwing the hooks/straight/uppercuts would win the round everytime imo. Hell if someone is actually landing 20 hard shots, he'll likely score a knockdown in the round against most regular opponents.

Last edited:
Most likely B but if he lands 20% of his punches with no counters while A lands 50% while countering punches I'd give it to A for being economical in the ring.

I guess i am in the minority but i think Khan vs Mayweather will be a good fight. Yes i think Floyd will win. But Amir has good boxing skills...he just has a glass jaw :lol: I always thought he had good hand speed and good fundamentals...he knows how to box...but his defense is lacking and his chin basically says he is in the wrong sport. But floyd doesn't have the KO power really. So i think it will at least be a good fight to watch.

Khan fights are always entertaining, because of his fan friendly style. And his ability to get KTFO at any moment lol. It would just be a tough sell for Khan as Floyd's next fight. Especially after picking apart Canelo. Khan went tooth and nail in his last win and got stopped in his last fight. Never fought above 140 and isn't really a big draw outside of the UK.

I see no reason why Khan deserves this fight over Garcia, other than that the golden boy opponents are running thin or they want to "save" Garcia for the time being. Possibly until he's a bigger name,

Can't wait to see the Gatti/Ward Legendary Nights.

Saw a little clip and got emotional lol.

Gatti was one of the first fighters that really got me into boxing.

Ruslan. :pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

The dude has some serious power. You don't want to sit and have a war with this dude. Not a great boxer by any means, but if you're going to brawl with him? Say night night. Bradley can take just about anything, and even he almost got KOd several times.

Glad to see dude shine. :pimp:

Was waiting all day to watch the fight, but HBO decided to replay the Bradley Vs. Marquez fight instead
mean.gif

Side note: I'm not seeing how Marquez got "cheated."  I'm not even a fan of Bradley or Marquez, for what it's worth...

I feel bad for Alvarado. TR treated him like a stepchild while everyone else got blessed.

Can you blame them after his last three fights?

JMM is a big draw in the Latino community.
Cotto has been a huge draw forever now.
Rios is a huge smack talker and extremely entertaining in and out of the ring.
Bradley is HBOs answer to losing Mayweather, and a very well-rounded boxer who is willing to scrap when need be.
Pacquiao is the biggest draw they got.

No surprise that Rios is fighting Pac and not Alvarado. Alvarado is a very good boxer, but two of his last three fights been Ls, and likes to scrap a little too much. Biting off more than he can chew.

Was waiting all day to watch the fight, but HBO decided to replay the Bradley Vs. Marquez fight instead :smh: .

Side note: I'm not seeing how Marquez got "cheated."  I'm not even a fan of Bradley or Marquez, for what it's worth...

Uhh. Wasn't it on right after that? :lol:

And no one but JMM and Nacho thought that he won. :lol:

Was waiting all day to watch the fight, but HBO decided to replay the Bradley Vs. Marquez fight instead :smh: .

Lol they showed it after that replay isnt it just common sense.

ok where does Provodnikov go from here? Danny Garcia... Or you want to watch another war put Ruslan vs Matthysse

Last edited:
Uhh. Wasn't it on right after that?
laugh.gif

And no one but JMM and Nacho thought that he won.
laugh.gif
Yeah, it's coming up next.  On the channel guide it says the Alvarado Vs. Provodnikov should be on right now, but maybe it's because I'm on Pacific Standard Time.

That's what I was referring to.  JMM needs to get knocked out, and I hope Pacquiao is the one to do it.  I was happy for him when he finally beat Pac, but he's been annoying me lately for some reason
laugh.gif
mean.gif
Lol they showed it after that replay isnt it just common sense.

ok where does Provodnikov go from here? Danny Garcia... Or you want to watch another war put Ruslan vs Matthysse
See above post for answer...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom