Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone talking down about Bradley is a hater plain and simple. What more do you want from him?

Y'all watch too much TV.
Nobody is hating on bradley, i said he is a good boxer but definitely not elite in my book. he really didn't show anything exceptional against marquez. He jabbed and used his speed againt an old 40 year boxer that was most likely juicing when he beat pac. say as oppose to danny garcia who was kind of in the same boat as bradley before he fought matthysse. Garcia went in there showed great boxing skills , a granite chin and the could stick to a game plan. IMO bradley would not to good against golden boys elite 140-147

I'm not sure how much more you can take away from him. Everyone (including me) had him taking an L last night. He's beat everyone put in front of him, yet gets next to no love. He beats Marquez and all of a sudden Marquez is old and was 'only' juicing when he fought Pac. 

Should also be noted Devin Alexanders sole loss is to Tim Bradley when he was undefeated and top 3 @ 140.

I'd love to see Bradley leave TR now and fight Garcia

Anyone talking down about Bradley is a hater plain and simple. What more do you want from him?

Y'all watch too much TV.
Nobody is hating on bradley, i said he is a good boxer but definitely not elite in my book. he really didn't show anything exceptional against marquez. He jabbed and used his speed againt an old 40 year boxer that was most likely juicing when he beat pac. say as oppose to danny garcia who was kind of in the same boat as bradley before he fought matthysse. Garcia went in there showed great boxing skills , a granite chin and the could stick to a game plan. IMO bradley would not to good against golden boys elite 140-147

Only things of merit in your post. No analysis, pure comparison. I love boxing fans.

Last edited:
Dog, Bradley's defense is REALLY good.

Impressive ring IQ and great corner advice as well.

He almost shut out Marquez, that's a hell of an accomplishment.

Son has NO KO power but he's a damn good fighter.

He deserves that shot at Money.

where yall getting mayweather/bradley from? bradley is with top rank and i doubt they'll be working with GBP anytime soon.

But word on the street is Bradley's contract with Top Rank ends after 1 more fight.

Bradley better KO his next opponent. Because knowing Arum's salty ***, he will send Bradley off with a controversial decision lost.

Only things of merit in your post. No analysis, pure comparison. I love boxing fans.
He has speed, no real power, his power shots loop, he is easily lured out of his game plan so much so his corner needs to drill him to stay to the plan (see fight again ruslan)but no real analysis right? i am telling you exactly what he is...not elite imo he had a good performance and stuck to his game plan (if marquez would of pressed the fight, which is not his natural instinct it would of been a different fight) IMO he would not fare well again Matthysse, Garcia, Bronner, Mayweather

Marquez couldn't press the fight because of Bradley's stiff jab, foot speed and counter-punching.

He may not be a fan favorite because of his lack of power but he has elite skills, intelligence, heart & chin and experience.

I think he could outbox any of those fighters listed, except Floyd, if he employed the same game plan he did last night.

Swift would probably give him the hardest time of those 3.

Last edited:
He has speed, no real power, his power shots loop, he is easily lured out of his game plan so much so his corner needs to drill him to stay to the plan (see fight again ruslan)but no real analysis right? i am telling you exactly what he is...not elite imo he had a good performance and stuck to his game plan (if marquez would of pressed the fight, which is not his natural instinct it would of been a different fight) IMO he would not fare well again Matthysse, Garcia, Bronner, Mayweather

Man, :lol:

it's clear Bradley can do nothing right in your eyes

I don't see how you can't call him elite, yet give props to Broner as if he is elite @ 140 or 147
i dont think either fighter is elite they might be on the cusp but in fight between those two my money is on broner. thats my opinion you don't have to agree with it, thats just what i think.

Bradley at this point (IMO) beats Mattysse if he sticks to boxing and doesn't get into a slugfest. I haven't seen enough of Broner @ 147 to think he would beat Bradley either. Garcia would be the best fight IMO, which I'd take Garcia with the win strictly because he has enough boxing skill and enough pop to hurt Bradley. 

i dont think either fighter is elite they might be on the cusp but in fight between those two my money is on broner. thats my opinion you don't have to agree with it, thats just what i think.
I respect your opinion, just not sure what Broner's win over Paulie @ 147 gives you the impression he'd beat Bradley. Broner @ 130/135, I am with you, but he looked to take a considerable step backwards vs Paulie. 

I respect your opinion, just not sure what Broner's win over Paulie @ 147 gives you the impression he'd beat Bradley. Broner @ 130/135, I am with you, but he looked to take a considerable step backwards vs Paulie. 
I agree with you broner does not have the track record at 147 but you have to see he moved up 2 weight classes. imo there is no where to go but up, he has the skills and willingness to be great. we are going to see in the next few fights what broner is made of but from pure skills i think he'll be just fine. last night is the first time in a big time fight that i have seen bradley stick to his game plan. he always reverts to trying to brawl and i don't think he has the power to maintain that style. if he jabs and uses his footwork then yes he will be hard to beat for a lot of guys but i just dont think thats who he is.

Broner has a lot of questions in the air @ 147. I was a huge fan  130/135, somewhat less of a fan @ 147 mostly due  to his out of ring antics. But still too many questions to be held in the same regard as Garcia or Mattyssee as far as accomplishments. I have no reason not to put Bradley in the same breath as those two. He's as good IMO. I really hope he makes the jump to GB, TR has nothing left for him at welterweight except a Pac rematch, assuming Pac takes care of business.

Impressive fight from Bradley. The way he turned that right away all night was great.

I haven't seen JMM fight that stupid since he fought Chris John.

where yall getting mayweather/bradley from? bradley is with top rank and i doubt they'll be working with GBP anytime soon.

But word on the street is Bradley's contract with Top Rank ends after 1 more fight.

Bradley better KO his next opponent. Because knowing Arum's salty ***, he will send Bradley off with a controversial decision lost.

Do you think he takes a rematch with Pacman, assuming he has one last fight with Top Rank?

Do you think he takes a rematch with Pacman, assuming he has one last fight with Top Rank?

Pacquiao has the rematch clause for Bradley. Don't know if there was a deadline or any other stipulation. Pacquiao might exercise it, so it's something to keep in mind.

Now that Bradley beat Marquez convincingly I think that makes the rematch with Pacquiao that much more interesting considering most would say Pacquiao won that fight. The rematch could be much more of a money generator than originally thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom