Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Canelo looks to skinny to me not ina healthy way. Floyd looks way too comfortable at that weight then Canelo imo
naw canelo looked fined at the weight in , he didn't even start hydrating right after the weight in

fights gonna be a blowout and money will probably tko him in the 11th,12th ..canelo should consider

it a victory if he makes it the whole fight

JA21: Would you be interested in seeing GGG fight JCC, Jr., after Vera and Stevens?

Rather see that than GGG/Sergio personally.

The dream fight is GGG/Ward though. We'll get it someday. And I'll be happy. :pimp:

And nothing wrong with Frank having bizarre predictions. It can be a bizarre sport. Look at Abner. And Manny.

Unless PBF has gotten old in 3 months, he wins a comfortable ud. Canelo is not a huge banger he relies on the cumulative effect of blows. Just do not see him being able to consistently land flush shots. PBF goes to the body early and often, moves around and pot shots in the late rounds and Canelo gets frustrated and starts lunging wild shots while eating counters.

I'm going out on a limb here. If your prediction is boring/obvious why bother making it... lol

Garcia split decision.
May dominates most of the fight but gets knocked down late.
More people talk about the knockdown than the dominating performance.
(think jcc Jr vs Sergio martinez)

canelo looked nervous, the big stage is alot bigger than he anticipated.

Last edited:
I'm going out on a limb here. If your prediction is boring/obvious why bother making it... lol

Garcia split decision.
May dominates most of the fight but gets knocked down late.
More people talk about the knockdown than the dominating performance.
(think jcc Jr vs Sergio martinez)

I could honor that

I'm in Miami right now for work.

Work ends at midnight then I'm rushing to the closest strip club to catch as much of the fight as I can :smokin

JA21: SoG is in a class of his own. I don't think even GGG's power could threaten Ward's boxing prowess.

Absolutely. But the fight would be awesome. I have no doubts that Ward would win, but it'd still be wildly entertaining given their fighting styles. Ward backs down from no one and imposes his will. GGG while dominant and precise with his power shots, hasn't seen the roughness of a Ward before.

As for tonight, I got a stoppage/ko in the seventh for Lucas, and 117-103 in favor of Money.

Lol quit lying to yourselves.. I got pbf winning but he aint knockin no one out, especially not ginger

Since when have we seen his chin tested once? Or tested consistently for 3-5 rounds? You never know what happens when you see something for the first time. He could have a Khan or Bute chin for all we know. No one thought Hatton would hit the canvas at all either.

Since when have we seen his chin tested once? Or tested consistently for 3-5 rounds? You never know what happens when you see something for the first time. He could have a Khan or Bute chin for all we know. No one thought Hatton would hit the canvas at all either.

Very good point. Hatton was mad hyped for that Mayweather fight if I remember correctly. Did he fight Floyd or Manny first? I can't remember, but I do remember Floyd completely outclassing Hatton. I'm pretty sure the Floyd fight was first, that he was undefeated, and that there was serious thought that he would win.

The only difference here is that Canelo is a bigger fighter than Floyd. But all that is irrelevant when you have someone who calls the shots for weight, and negates any size advantage with pure boxing skill.

If Floyd has taught me anything, it's not to bet against him.

Manny was great when he was on top, but we knew he wasn't unbeatable.

Lol quit lying to yourselves.. I got pbf winning but he aint knockin no one out, especially not ginger
eyes.gif

Mosley didn't catch him clean TWICE early in their fight? 

If you don't like Maywhether and want him to lose, just say it, don't use false statements to support your opinion.

Money May was 100% rocked/rattled early in the Sugar Shane fight but never touched the ground, he redeemed himself and got back to controlling the fight after rounds 3 & 4... Mosley was completely gassed the last rounds of that fight, didn't even want to be in the ring anymore, literally trying to talk to kill time. I ain't lyin;

Last edited:
Hatton fought PB first. That's why I always thought those who compared the outcome of that fight to that of the time he fought Manny were complete idiots. Floyd destroyed anything Hatton had left.

Seth Mitchell is bigger than PBF but I'm positive he'd knock him out too :lol:

My point is, I don't like backing fighters who have never really had their chin tested against top opposition. Or saying that A will never knock B out when we've never seen B hit by big punches and B's reaction to big punches, you know? Who knows, I'm only looking at the downside of that test. He could have Maidana or Popo or Gatti in him where he gets hit hard or knocked down and then just comes for blood.

:rolleyes

If you don't like Maywhether and want him to lose, just say it, don't use false statements to support your opinion.

Money May was 100% rocked/rattled early in the Sugar Shane fight but never touched the ground, he redeemed himself and got back to controlling the fight after rounds 3 & 4... Mosley was completely gassed the last rounds of that fight, didn't even want to be in the ring anymore, literally trying to talk to kill time. I ain't lyin;

Chief, you need to read that carefully before you come attacking people and not let the anger make you miss the last sentence. I'm not talking about Mayweather.

:rolleyes

I'm pretty sure he was talking about Canelo and all the powder puffs he's fought. :lol:

Trout, Mosley, Lopez, Baldomir, N'dou, Cintron, Gomez.

Not bad, not exactly impressive either.

If Canelo is clearly down on the cards going into R11, like 7-3 in PBF's favor, I'd like to see the Mexican go out swinging for the fences. For pride, for his family, for Mexico.

I don't fear PBF's pop at this weight. I'm not saying right reckless. I'm saying if you have no shot at a decision late in the fight, let it hang and let your hands fly.

Chief, you need to read that carefully before you come attacking people and not let the anger make you miss the last sentence. I'm not talking about Mayweather.
I wouldn't call it anger, I read your post to the end and maybe if you referenced one of the fighter's names that are actually fighting just once in your post I would've had more of an idea of who you were talking about.

Carry on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom