Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm excited for Hopkins/Cloud.  I think Bernard will break his own record by winning a one-sided decision.  Tavoris was given a gift against Campillo and he's not exactly the most technical fighter in the sport.  I don't see Cloud walking down B-Hop nor being active or accurate enough to score effectively.  It may be an ugly fight based on the two fighters styles, but I think this will be a decisive win for Hopkins, and he will walk away from the sport as a winner and a champion.

Daniel Ponce De Leon VS  Abner Mares is offical undercard will be Marcos Maidana VS Josesito Lopez. April 20th IN los angeles

Julio Diaz VS khan is offical also in April 27th

Tim Bradley is doing full time VADA testing now

Lamont Peterson VS  Lucas Matthysse will be on the May 18th Brook VS alexander card

Canelo VS trout is on the ropes. Canelo wont sign to be on the May 4th undercard inless he has a signed contract that win,lose or draw he fights floyd in sept.

Last edited:
Daniel Ponce De Leon VS  Abner Mares is offical undercard will be Marcos Maidana VS Josesito Lopez. April 20th IN los angeles

Lamont Peterson VS  Lucas Matthysse will be on the May 18th Brook VS alexander card

Trout wont sign to be on the May 4th undercard inless he has a signed contract that win,lose or draw he fights floyd in sept
Glad to see this fight made.  It will be interesting to see how Lamont chooses to approach the heavier hitter. 

Trout doesn't have the pull necessary to make that claim.  Outside of hardcore fans he isn't really well-known.  If Trout really wanted the Mayweather slot in September, he'd beat Alvarez on May 4th.  Plus, Canelo has allegedly already made the same request, so how is that going to play out?

Last edited:
Trout is asking for that? I thought that was what Canelo wanted? :lol:

Matthysse gonna show who the king is at 140 :smokin

Good for Bradley. Get some positive light shined on him.

Canelo VS trout is on the ropes. Canelo wont sign to be on the May 4th undercard inless he has a signed contract that win,lose or draw he fights floyd in sept.

I bet Canelo vs Trout isn't happening. Knew it was too good to be true. Camelo is probably going to wait until July to fight Ishe Smith. :lol:

Last edited:
If he loses a close fight I think he should get it. Zab put on an awful performance against Carlos Baldomir and still got his fight with Floyd. Ortiz quit against Maidana and was able to land a bout with Floyd.

If he loses a close fight I think he should get it. Zab put on an awful performance against Carlos Baldomir and still got his fight with Floyd. Ortiz quit against Maidana and was able to land a bout with Floyd.

Yeah but when Zab fought him he was not yet the PPV king he is today. Ortiz redeemed himself Toma certain degree when he beat Berto. The way Canelo might be seeing it is if he loses to Trout and then to Mayweather he's done as far as being a top fighter.

I don't blame him, he holds a lot of bargaining power as Mayweather's best opposition now that Manny Pacquiao got KTFO.

And when Canelo-Trout does 200k on PPV on their own separate card, Canelo's bargaining power goes straight through the window with Floyd.

I think he's taken that under consideration as well, he's trying to see if Money would budge.

Yep, plus Angulo lost to Kermit Cintron.  I'd rather see Alvarez fight Kirkland.

Yep, plus Angulo lost to Kermit Cintron.  I'd rather see Alvarez fight Kirkland.

I have a feeling he's going to fight Cotto. In case Canelo comes up short, he can't beat Canelo by a wide enough margin for the decision to be called a "robbery".

Last edited:
Sadly, this is true.  I really hope Richard Schaefer isn't holding on to Alvarez vs Trout as a future standalone PPV.  It would probably do less than 500K.

Unless they put together a really strong undercard.

If Canelo is gonna be this future PPV star they're building him to be, you gotta let him get his feet wet and headline eventually.

If I'm Schaefer, I'm throwin' Mares/Ponce De Leon AND Maidana/Lopez on that card.

EDIT: On a side-note, Canelo really needs to learn english.

Last edited:
I can't be the only one who thinks it a bit of a ***** move by Canelo. Just man up and fight. The kid can make enough money/PPV sells alone and he's so young. I hate that he's willing to nix a solid fight over that BS.

And I'm pretty sure Cotto has said he's not coming back until the fall.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom