Official 2013 Boxing Thread: Year is over, please lock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
wouldn't be surprised if that manny article is true... his money spending has been a known topic for awhile.

tumblr_mmcurvpo9U1qg4mnko1_250.gif

:lol: :pimp:

:x And Oscar just finished calling him a "pound 4 pound great."

I think Mares is a top poumd4pound guy, but what are the chances we see a Rigondeaux vs. Mares bout? Would Mares move down, is Rigo still considered to boring to sell a fight like that? The only thing I've heard since his last fight is that he was likely to be blackballed.

The only thing I've heard since his last fight is that Rigo was likely to be blackballed.
Thats messed up. Being a 'boring' fighter is so relative, there's a lot of fight fans who appreciate defense and skilled counterpunching.

Last edited:
Rigo is a damn great fighter, his defense and counterpunching is Floyd like, I'm convinced he's half feline. If you're a fan of the sweet science there is no way you can consider him boring but to casual fans I can see it. He doesn't have KO power and definitely won't have it switching classes for better talent. Then add on the fact that most top fighters in his range want no parts of him because his skill level and the fact that he isn't a big payday and I can see the "blackball" happening.

I think Mares is a top poumd4pound guy, but what are the chances we see a Rigondeaux vs. Mares bout? Would Mares move down, is Rigo still considered to boring to sell a fight like that? The only thing I've heard since his last fight is that he was likely to be blackballed.
Rigo is with Top Rank, Mares with GB. If TR wouldn't agree to a big money fight (At the time) between Mares and Nonito...I highly doubt they'd let Mares (Coming off a loss) and Rigo (Blackballed by HBO) happen.

Mares is/was always overrated. He made a name for himself beating smaller fighters. I'm not going to say I knew Gonzalez would KO him but, it was bound to happen sooner or later. Mares is a small 126 pound fighter. IMO, he should move back down to 122. Donaire and Rigo will destroy Abner if they ever fight.

On another note, the Ghost just ducked Keith Thurman. I told you guys a few pages back that Thurman would knock Guerrero the **** out. Robert apparently knew it to so he decided to pass on the fight 
laugh.gif
. Keith Thurman is no joke and dudes know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom