Official 2012 US Open Thread ( Vol. Kimmy's Last Run)

Hopefully my girl Sabine can take down Maria on Monday.
Fed's got a clear path to the semi's. If he can regain #1 by winning a 7th Wimbledon title... 
eek.gif

Who watched the end of that Murray-Baggy match? It was just ridiculous...
laugh.gif

Lots of craziness to it... both players slipping and sliding, the ball falling out of Murray's pocket 3 times (I've never seen that happen once, let alone three times
eek.gif
), the curfew/count-down... it was just all very strange. Kinda felt sorry for Baggy at the end there cuz the crowd almost took it for granted that Murray was gonna beat him and that his real opponent was actually the clock. Fair-play to Baggy for not trying to take his time to try to extend it to Monday.
Anyway...

Just bizarre.

x1000.jpg

1000x.jpg

Andy's last Wimbledon? Who really knows.

x1000.jpg

And here's the Golden-Set... just incredible. The 1st-ever Golden-Set in pro womens tennis in 44 years!

Different story for Shvedova in this match against Serena though. *Edit: She just won her first game.
My two fave girls playing each other today, Maria and Sabine -sucks that one of them has to go out 
frown.gif

Yeah Lisicki did well, that's a pretty big upset -pleased for her, hope she can now get to the Semis at least -obviously would love to see her all go all the way though.

Hope Murray loses.

Haha, why do you hate Murray? I have no problem with the guy... though he could ease-up on the "I'm in agonizing pain" face.

Looking to see DelPo make it to quarters for the first time. His draw is very manageable, if he gets through Ferrer today I can definitely see him making a push for the semis.

Damn, I wanted her to win but even that result is surprising. How was the match? Was it closer than the score indicated?

Originally Posted by SinnerP

Haha, why do you hate Murray? I have no problem with the guy... though he could ease-up on the "I'm in agonizing pain" face.
Lol, I think partly because of the infuriating "Murray Mania" we have to endure each year here in England ...and partly because his racket has more personality than he does.
Don't get me wrong though, I do respect him as a player.

To be fair, I think you'd have to blame the press for that. Hyping him up much cuz they want a Brit champ so badly. Then they love knocking the +$$ outta him when he fails. Tough for him, I think.

As for personality, yeah he's dull, but so was Pete. Can't compare the two, I know... but you can't force personality too.

^of course, and to be fair if he was English I'd probably love him lol.

And Pistol Pete quite literally had zero personality and I hated him too when he first appeared on the scene and overtook the flamboyant characters that I had grown up with such as Mac, Becker and Agassi ...but in time he grew on me and actually became one of my all time favorite players.

I know it's a dodgy reason and of course the actual play is what attracts you to sports stars in the first place, but it's always a bonus if they can bring other stuff to the table as well.

Did you see that ridiculous cross-court winner!?!?!? That freakin-impossible angle!? WTH.
Anyway... oh Ana. 
frown.gif

Vika was too good, but 1 game??? Come on.

x1000.jpg

x1000.jpg

1000x.jpg

x1000.jpg

x1000.jpg

1000x.jpg

1000x.jpg

Boom Boom 
smokin.gif
.  She has some of the thickest legs i've seen on a tennis player.
Shvedova looked gorgeous when she took off her glasses 
eek.gif
devil.gif
.  I'll be keeping an eye on her now.  She gave Serena a really good tough match.

Originally Posted by FIREPOWER23

Never seen so many breaks of serve in one match.
Boom Boom goes bye bye 
frown.gif
laugh.gif
 You've obviously not watched your share of WTA matches! 
tongue.gif

But yeah, what the hell happened there?  5-3 and serving for the match... and she let it all slip away.  Kerber was having her meltdown over there too! 
eyes.gif

A very disappointing performance there.  

Lol, break of serve comment was tongue in cheek P 
-I do really only watch the Grand Slams though 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Was that Ovechkin? Dont have volume on.
Yeah

Back
Top Bottom